ZOTAC enrages PC gamers by promoting GeForce RTX as mining GPUs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 17, 2021.

1. SethNW

SethNW Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1070 8GB
    Amd that is textbook example of how you do PR suicide... I mean sure, short term it is very profitable to embrace miners, but long term, once mining inevitably crashes, they will be left at mercy of the gamers who actually are loyal customers here. Miners come and with crash they go. And even nVidia knows better than to piss all over gamers with Tweets like this. But then again, a lot of corporations will put short term gains before better long term benefits.

Solfaur likes this.
  2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
  3. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    So I would assume this stands to reason that their Warranty now includes mining-related activities or stressors?

The1 likes this.
  4. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Thats smart , they dont need to sell anything now , they just put them to use make money , and then sell them as new . Win win situation for zotac :) :) :)

5. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti@2.0Ghz
    the next advertisements from card manufacturers will be about Mining Benchmark, Mining features their cards handle and so on... as a gamer I'm screw

6. danny69t

danny69t Member

GPU:
    GTX 1650 Super 4GB
    The haters are going to boicot Zotac for this? Good for the people that don't really care what brand the GPU they buy is, as long as it performs as it should and the price is OK.

And as for the babies crying around because they can't get a GPU because of the miners... well... get a life. It's not like you NEED a GPU, you just want the new shiny toy on the market... Sheesh... Some people need to grow up and learn to be patient.
    I remember the same thing happend in 2018, lots of people crying because GPU prices or stock numbers.

My advice is to plan ahead, as if you inform yourself a bit, these mining crazes seem to have a cyclic nature of 3-4 years (that would be good to know also if you want to invest in cryptocoins ;), invest a bit of money before, and if the GPU prices go up you have some profit)

And for something on topic, i think Zotac should have kept the tweet up. They are a bussiness like all other brands and if they want to sell mining cards they should, no hate from me.

Kudos to @Clouseau . If you want something you do something, you don't wait for something to fall in your lap out of the sky.

My 2 Cents :)

Halulam likes this.
  7. Halulam

Halulam Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX1060 6GB
    Well the solution is simple, just wait 2 or 3 years to change your GPU instead of 6 months, or better, wait until your GPU die, this will probably save the planet and let the manufacturer restock at the same time.

Enthusiasts you said ? well it's time to rethink your definition of this term.

Kevin Mauro likes this.
  8. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Definitely a revisit to the term enthusiast... I mean if you're running tasks on top of mining with this - *whew you're a power user, but man about that Warranty, hopefully, mining is covered. I mention it for reasons beyond the obvious... everyone remember this?

9. ManuKey

ManuKey Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    No surprise comming from this PoT Chinese owned company! Never I'll buy a Zotac product.

10. kgrosser

kgrosser Guest

GPU:
    changes every now & then
    Aaaaand .... there we go.... I was just a day ahead of Hilbert ;)

cucaulay malkin likes this.

11. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
  12. Chechar51

Chechar51 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
    Why do anyone still waste money on Zocrap

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru