I have been vaccinated!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Loobyluggs, Feb 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Yeah. So, I take medication to slow down my white blood cells, which puts me at considerable risk as, what this virus would do to me...I mean, it would wipe me out.

If I stop taking my main medication, then that would mean my white blood cells would eat me alive.

Rock, meet hard place.

Noisiv likes this.
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    This is one of the reasons i am opting to NOT get any of the vaccines any time soon, adults with auto immune disorders (skin conditions, lupus, etc) are more likely to react severely to a vaccine in the worst possible way than a child with those conditions.

The last time I was innoculated it triggered a reaction that is still not fully cleared up (joints and skin)

ZXRaziel and Hypernaut like this.
  3. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Never even entered my head.

I just want to go outside, because it's already been 11 months of being locked up and I've had enough of it...kinda reminds me of that scene in Shawshank.

Risk everything for freedom? The pursuit of happiness? Manifest destiny?

Get busy living...

ZXRaziel likes this.
  4. coth

coth Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 2060 Super EX
    Not that easy. Vaccine might prevent COVID, but it won't stop Coronavirus right in front of your mouth or nose. You still can spread it yourself and you still have to wear a mask.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Fine by me - I get to go outside. 12 weeks and counting.

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You actually listened to the government and stayed inside for 12 weeks? Wow. My little sister is like that. She has kept her three kids locked up for nearly a year now, Its doing more harm than good.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Untested vaccines...how do you know it would not develope some serious illness or even a cancer in five years down the line? This everything just make me cringe. Each of their own.

8. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Have a feeling some of us here have been called out ;)

On a serious note imho genetic heritage plays a huge role when it comes to health and quallity of life for some individual and his children, especially in their adult age, 40+. That + living enviroment + affection to some sort of active sport.

On my side of family, my fathers's side, we're pretty healthy even in late 70's minus female side od my mom's family who have tendency for thyroid gland issues in early 60's . For example my grandfather never had been to the dentist in his life, had a pearl white teeths till his death and only one missing tooth which he pulled out by himself with huge pliers :eek: because he was pissed off when the tooth cracked while he was crunching nutshell, he was a tough mofo. My father in his 71, retired and perfectly healthy, still works around the house like in his 30's. Sometimes he scares both me and my mom for working around the house hard for straight 10 or even more hours, always creating or repairing something, he was raised that way, he doesn't know different and all of us around him we are 100% sure that way of life and activity is keeping him alive, healthy and satisfied with his way of life. Mom often jokes watching him and me working together on some house project (and we're more than often arguing while having different solutions for the same problem) talking to me: "...just look at that mirror in front of you (now looking at my dad), you're both the same, you're going to be the same as your father when you get old... (and then looks at my wife) mark my words..." :) My father has it's own ritual when he gets up early, he likes to take a shot a Rakija before breakfast, then relax in front of the TV or reading newspapers for some half an hour and then he plans what he's going to do that day around the house. If there is nothing to be done him and my mom they're traveling whenever they can, either to all kind of thermal spa's around Serbia or to our family living in Canada, Germany... They are both satisfied with their health and their way of life since they've retired and mom sucessfully controls her thyroid glnad issues with medications she uses for past 10 years (she is 68 y.o.). Honestly my wife and me we would be more than satisfied to live our lifes that way in our 70's.

About living enviroment and sport activity... Past 15, maybe even 20 years generations of new born kids are pritty much: LAZY. I know it's easier and "less painfull" (you cant get hurt yourself outside if you don't get outside) to just sit down in front of the computer, gaming console, smartphone and just game, browse the internet, YT, watch others (or even take a active role) of other playing fools on social networks, TikTok, Instagram... Today it's easier to persuade kids to make a fool of themselfs and upload that stupidity somewhere on the web than to go outside and ride a bike, walk a dog, play soccer or marbles with friends ouside: "...oh no, outside it's way too hot... it's way to cold... it's rainy... wind is blowing..." ...there is always some kind of excuse "keepeng them" from going outside, it's just easier for to stay home on "perfect temperature", there is always someting to snack, WiFi internet is way faster inside of house, there are no insects inside... it's just... ridiculous to hear all those excuses not to go outside and enjoy the life.

Few months from now I'll be 47. My generation and generation of my chilhood and school friends most of our free time we were spending outside. It doesn't mater what was the weather outside: frikin hot sun, dust everywhere, rainy, windy, -20 Celsius in the winter with snow up to our our belly's. Riding BMX's for hours, climbing trees to steal the (still green) fruits from neighbou's garden, playing soccer and basketball on local playground till the late night hours, playing in the snow for hours on -15, -20, sometimes even -25 Celsius untill our noses and fingers on hands and feets completely stopped functioning.. and even that didn't stopped us. Most of the time outside our hands and clotes were everything but clean and with those dirty hands we were eating all kinds of food together, green fruit... and non of us had stomach issues, dare you to try the same thing with kids today, the'll end up in hospital no doubt. Mind you, my brother and me we had Commodore 64 from the mid 80's but playing outside with friends was our primary way of waving fun 90% of our free time.

When it comes to my sport life... Unlike my wife, our kids and my wife's side of family I was not that type of guy to train some kind of team sports for years. Since early teen years sport I was competing at was shooting with air rifle, I'm still good at it, but it was pure solo sport except when we were team competing on huge events where... well, many were better than me at that time. But I was satisfied with that sport althoug there is not much of body activity there. In 16 y.o. I was iirc 180cm tall and underweight with 55Kg to 60Kg, skinny guy and I was like that until I went to the army in 1993 when I was almost 19 y.o. Army made a men out of me, I'm 100% sure, after 6 months of active army training (today army is a complete joke here compared to army some 25, 30 years ago) with 187cm I had almost 90Kg and looked like a athlete, same as my dad and my father in the same age. I'm so proud at my army days backthen and always told my children how great time I had there, would give for sure 5 years of my life just to hav a 2nd chance to time travel to those army days again. Interesting fact: in the army, after some 4, 5 weeks of army service they were giving us some kind of vaccine, some kind of "immunity booster" vaccine, older soldiers were joking with us newbies that after receiving that booster-vaccine we could freely eat even dirt, grass, tree crust if needed in case of emergancy if there is nothing else to eat and we would be perfectly fine. Don't know if that vaccine did something to me or it was frickin hard army training there or the combo of both but after some 4, 5 months of active army life I was completely different, not skinny boy anymore but a real men.

Now almost 47 y.o. still can outrun both of my almost 14 y.o. twins, boy and girl, both are into sports for a decade, they got that love for sport from my wifey, 19 y.o. son is a bit faster than me I admit, althogh last year when we were racing on the street I was in tight shoes and he was wearing a sneakers, so.. maybe there is a chance it would be tie if we we wearing the same :D I'm still freediving up to 20m, without a problem can climb onto any tree, last year on family vacation I've completely wiped out both mine and other kids on adrenaline park (obstacle course) in Bela Crkva by a huge margin. Not taking any medications, ditched carbonated drinks for years, every 5 to 10 years going to local hospial to do some "maintenance checks", really cant complain about anything regarding my health atm (but had to ditch eating late because of some gastric issues years ago). So far so, good, hope it's gonna stay that way at least to my 70's to be healty enough to play with my grandchildren OUTSIDE :D And still no gray hair on my head, it's a bit weird for a 46 years old dude, but my wife isn't complaining about that :cool:

So... Genes do play a hige role regarding someones quallity of life. Little advice for the yougsters here... if you wish the healthy genes heritage to be transfered to your your children I'll use a wise words of old people here: "...when you choose your future wife take a look at good here side of family, especially her mom..." In short: "...look at the mother.. then choose a daughter..." :D

Few pics regarding story above ;)

My dad when he was 16-17 y.o., dude on the left
    189013_534051829956209_1122530536_n.jpg

my dad in the army, he was 19 y.o.
    324275_534053166622742_899532836_o.jpg

Me 15 y.o., that super skinny guy top-left :)
    382063_534057186622340_640933089_n.jpg

me after 1.5 months in the army, 19 y.o.
    704486_534051583289567_1384695596_o.jpg

few months after the army, I was 20 y.o. and dropped from army weight of 90Kg to 85Kg due to "active life", you know what I mean :rolleyes: That girl on the right is my gf, in the middle her brother from uncle (pic from the celebration befor he went to active army service), dude on the left in white shirt is one crazy... :D
    288387_534052906622768_314705722_o.jpg

At the end... Whenever you can "force" your children and grandchilren to spend more time outside, to play in the dust, mud, in the rain... spend that time outside together if possible, they'll be healthy. Afterall children are not made out of sugar :)

The1, tfam26, anticupidon and 3 others like this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    True, especially since that cancer in pets was linked to injection sites because smaller dogs were recieving the same dose as large dogs and nobody had bothered testing for such a circumstance.

CrazY_Milojko and Hypernaut like this.
  10. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    @CrazY_Milojko

You truly are crazy :)
    I'm starting a new book before I read 1600 words personal expose. I did enjoy the pics.

CrazY_Milojko likes this.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Dude, I like you. But do you have to write an essay in all of your posts? :D

Last edited: Feb 17, 2021
  12. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @CrazY_Milojko .
    What you didn't tell was that rakja you drink everyday like water.:D:p
    Cleans, degreases and ignites every cell in your body.:eek:o_O:cool:
    /joking

13. Airbud

Airbud Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5600XT
    More like a Mark Twain novel...:D

I do enjoy reading CrazY_Milojko's post

14. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    does the vaccine protect forever after you complete the dosage (be it Pfizer or the other)?
    Or is it like the flu shot that you must take every year?

15. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Oh i am sorry i thought that you are artist sorry my bad , thanks for the link .

16. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    It's actually an interesting point of law - if you are sold an original work of art, the artists has to issue a docket/signature in a separate form stating that it is original - this means they cannot make another copy of it.

If they do (and then try and sell that work of art as 'original') they go to prison, or, just pay a huge fine.

ZXRaziel likes this.
  17. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    @CrazY_Milojko Sir, without any doubt, you somehow have chosen the wrong career.
    Your post are sometimes so funny with so much backstory and entertainment that I forget that I am on a forum!
    Do us a favor, don't ever change your delightful wild way of posting!
    Have a beer , I'll buy!

Airbud, CrazY_Milojko and jbscotchman like this.
  18. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Hilarious. Unrelated kind of, but I worked on a fishing boat for a few years in my 20s and we got this huge guy one season who was all piss and vinegar while on land. Needless to say, a few months on the water and the guy got so seasick every week he was about 150lbs (over 6') by the end of the season. Pride always comes before the fall!

Noisiv likes this.
  19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super

Right?
    I've seen ppl go from an orders-yelling, picture perfect Patrick-Bateman specimen to a cluttering mess who cant be allowed on deck unsupervised, within A MONTH.
    But you can go in the opposite direction as well! *Assuming* you get enough rest, which is all but given.
    Amazing what a little High Sea with a slight change in diet and sleeping habits does to a man.

tfam26 likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no vaccine is permanent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.