Tablet Battery Replacement.

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by TheDeeGee, Jan 29, 2021.

1. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I have this old Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 (GT-P5210) with LineageOS 14, and it still works perfectly fine for Internet, YouTube and Twitch. But it still has the stock battery, which is going flat pretty fast by now.

Now replacing the actual battery seems pretty straight forward, but obtaining one isn't. There are so many brands out there. I ran into this for example:

https://www.amazon.nl/XITAIAN-Verva...GT-P5210/dp/B07HQFGTY4/ref=asc_df_B07HQFGTY4/

Would that be trustworthy, or should i go for an original?

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    I would go for it. The price for original, certified, OEM Samsung parts is ridiculously expensive.
    @TheDeeGee Running LineageOS?. I like your computing style!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  3. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Yeah, LineageOS 14.1 with Android 7.1.2.

It gave this old Tablet new life.

anticupidon likes this.
  4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Wish I had the foresight to buy an Android tablet in 2012. Bought an iPad2, 'cause my wife wanted it. Now she understands why i was against, but bought it nevertheless. But the iPad2 still works, only a few things (Solitaire, Photos and a few games) and browsing internet is a nightmarish experience. Try open a few tabs with only 512 MB RAM.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I am the oppisite I think most poeple should have iOS cause most people are to stupid to know how to use these things and iOS is the easiest learn providing you have brain and common sense and use it also less likely to get destroyed but malware and virus cause of stupid. but most iPads prior to 2018 where only 1gb and earlier ipad you talking is same model i had prior to 2018 model I got. THat model was 512mb it is was nightmare surfing the web with it, do to that lack ram, and it didnt run game to well either.

1GBis min iPad should have imo and I think now they switch to 2gb standard. I do wish all this stuff had the ability to swap out battery alot easier though, iPad 2 was good at the time but now it not kind slow, like using 10 year old PC

6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I've replaced batteries a couple of times. Never had a problem doing so. Some eBay batteries even come with the tools to open the phones with, like screw drivers and stuff.

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I should look up how to replace an iphone battery my self I swear there something wrong with battery

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Time to DIY replace the battery on the iPhone 6s I have I bought https://www.amazon.com/Wavypo-HB416...07W5MV5TN/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Gona see how it goes, less the bestbuy will charge me for doing and i dont have be paranoid about someone else doing for me cause current world issue, Think if i took apart my ps4 3 times and put back together i should be able to do this. Last phone i tried to take apart to fix never got fixed though, the LCD screen board got messed up :rolleyes:.

hope it works cause I dont want to buy a new iphone i barely use.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well replace my iphones battery gonna see how that goes, I might replace my ipad battery too in year or 2 depend on how well this goes.

10. CharlieWex

CharlieWex Guest

GPU:
    I want to tell you that it's a matter of chance. You have to try it and not just one way.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    for those that it may or may not help.

this is update on battery i replace on my iphone 6s, it hold charge now 9+ hours of phone calls or 3+ hours video streaming, but once the battery is 30% charge, i need to stop using my phone or charge it as the phone will shut down. and if i power it back up I will see the battery saying 1 %, battery is still 100% capacity though. if you can get hold genuine battery and not hestiante about replace battery this probably best.

Because of that I thought twice about changing the battery in my 2018 ipad. cause i didnt want get battery that does the same. as such I sold my 2018 ipad for 225$ and use the money to get the 2021 ipad. I actual use my ipad unlike my phone so the risk was not worth it, I also looked at how ipad battery was replaced, you have to take the cover screen off then digitizer and lcd touch screen off just to get at battery were as iphone you take the cover it comes with lcd/touch screen, just have to disconnect the cable before full removing the top. which was out side my comfort zone

12. I had a 6s+ and I replaced the OEM battery with some cheap $10 battery off eBay. Worked fine for some months, but it got puffy and pushed my screen off the phone a bit. Replaced that battery with a slightly more-expensive non-OEM battery, and it's doing ok still after about 2 years. I don't think I'd have any problem buying 3rd-party batteries in the future.

On that same 6s+ though, I needed to replace the screen as well. I tried some $20 generic screen, and it was awful; touch sensitivity was low and unresponsive a lot of the time, and colors didn't look as-saturated. Ended up returning it and going for a used OEM screen, which worked fine. I don't quite mind the colors being a little different, but sensitivity has to be just as-good as OEM screens if I'm going to use another 3rd-party screen.

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah the battery i got from amazon i payed 29$ back i march of 2021 is shutting off when phone says it have 50% now and when i get to start back up it say 10% and instanly start drop down. and whole 5-10% charge is taking 3 time longer then should before it goes above.

It like ever full charge now end with phone shutting off it use to just randomly shut off at around 30% then it start shutting down ever time around 30% it since then it been creeping up now it shutting off when says 50%. Seller claims they gona send me new battery. gona see what happens if they send me battery i will replace it again it problem just happen I will just send back to apple to replace battery.

Would love to be able to get hold actual genuine apple 6s battery not 3rd party which questionable quality. ironicly even with shutdown problem, this battery last 3x longer then battery it replaced.

This experience is why i happy i opted to sell my 2018 ipad and buy the new 2021 it only cost 89$

14. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Recently, the battery on my Mi Pad 4 was showing signs of wear, a full charge barely got me pass 3-4 hours of use before it died. I bought an OEM battery from and online store to swap out the battery.

Only real difficulty I'd encountered was getting the back cover off the MiPad 4, it was hella B-word to get off....and after all that effort, when I'd placed the back cover on, I'd realized I'd forgotten to apply some stickers to hold the battery to the pad! Didn't even consider taking off the back cover again and left it as it was.

Now, my MiPad4 lasts as long as it did when new, so yeah, IF OP wanna replace the battery on the Tab 3 10", why not? Just be sure to snag a good battery from a reliable source. Since the success of this battery change, I'm considering a battery swap on my Tab S2 which is still quite good despite its older hardware, awesome screen though.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
  15. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    My Tab S2, my first real tablet, wasn't being used because the battery was rather worn, it didn't hold charges well and seemed to drain quite rapidly. That's why I had gotten the Mi Pad 4, but it was a demo set which was why the battery was kinda crap as well.

As mention in my post above, I did order a replacemwnt battery and it took a while to get to me. Well, I did get it today and did the battery swàp, again removing the back cover of any tablet is such a pain, though admittedly, it wasn't as bad as the Mi Pad 4.

Anyway, with the new battery, my Tab S2 has gain a new lease on life, did all my updates and battery life, after fully charging it is proving to be pretty good. I'd forgotten how good the screen looks, especially when watching my ripped 720P movies. Now, I will alternate between the two tablets so as not to charge them as often.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2022