WDDM 3.0 / 465.51

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by cliffgamerz, Feb 12, 2021.

1. BFeely

BFeely Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1080
    2.8 was abandoned, and 2.9 still isn't finished.
    I'm getting 12_2 on my RTX3080 with the new driver, WIP build 21301.

2. Claude350

Claude350 Active Member

GPU:
    PNY 1060 GTX SSC
    Installation of the new driver did not disturb the current and most update PhysX driver that I have installed.

3. Algis

Algis Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    12_2 on Nvidia Control panel System information?

4. cliffgamerz

cliffgamerz Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3070 8GB
    i just bought the game just to test the VRS, but found out its not enabled yet in the game or no settings for it, also ray tracing isn't available yet, might get those in future updates, I'll update the results once is available to test.

5. teepean

teepean Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 7770
    Looks like all CUDA applications crash the driver on Windows side. For some reason on WSL CUDA is working. I had the same issue with 465.42 drivers.

The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.
    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.
    The following information was included with the event:
    \Device\Video3
    Graphics Exception: ESR 0x407020=0x100 0x407028=0x0 0x40702c=0xf850f 0x407030=0x7
    The system cannot find message text for message number 0x%1 in the message file for %2

6. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Wierd on Nvidia insider members site they stil have the older ones they didnt replace as usual.

7. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    How come i cant install these WDDM 3.0 drivers that u usually upload on my laptop RTX 3070 but if downloaded from developer nvidia they install just fine?

8. kosta20071

kosta20071 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Maybe the update via Windows downloads the driver with hardware ID's suitable to PC if you have a regular PC and if you have a laptop with RTX it downloads the suitable driver with laptop RTX version (different inf file) . Whereas the driver which appears later on the Developer website includes all the infs with all hardware IDs for all RTX versions.

I guess if you extract the setup from NVIDIA developer website, you will have more INF files

Gucci likes this.
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No, the uploader is at fault.

All infs are included in the WU cabinet, but the op hasn't uploaded a direct cabinet rip.

10. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    Is there a link to this driver version on developer's site? Can't find it there.

Gucci likes this.

11. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
  12. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
  13. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    Yeah i tried to install the drivers manually but it shaved 3500+ graphics score on 3dmark timespy so im sticking with .42 until official driver package that can be installed correctly arrives xD

14. Strigae

Strigae Guest

GPU:
    Anyone able to grab the .cab file?

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black

16. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 7800 XT
    Level 12_2 is supported since Windows 10 Insider Preview (Iron build 20165+), it requires new DDIs which are only available in WDDM 2.9.

Current Insider Preview branch is Cobalt (21xxx) which should be released by end of 2021.

Nice, but individual features that make level 12_2 were already released with Windows 19H1 / 20H1 as part of DirectX 12 Ultimate.

Cobalt also supports WDDM 3.0, which would include WDDM 2.8/2.9 improvements tested in the Dev channel.

17. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7700 XT
    Windows 10 21H1 will just be another minor update. Does this suggest that WDDM 2.9 will be skipped too for public users?

18. trancers

trancers Active Member

GPU:
    gigabyte rtx 2080
    Worked fine on other games but now when got free Rage 2 from EGS there was problem when you see sun on building walls and it blinks so have to change to 461.51 and and working fine on those drivers

19. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 7800 XT
    It would rather be released simultaneously with WDDM 3.0 (and 2.8).

Display drivers typically include multiple code paths to support important features in each particular WDDM version, because they have to support all versions of Windows 10 including Insider Preview releases. The Insider Preview WDK (Windows Driver Kit) still has a lot of references to WDMM 2.8 and 2.9, and these are unlikely to be renamed and merged into WDDM 3.0 - so far each new WDDM version has always been backwards compatible with an earlier version at the C source level.

20. Stylusss

Stylusss Member

GPU:
    I have problems with this driver and the latest version of insider windows. I use MPC to watch movies and auto-change the resolution and refresh rate. After I start the movie in normal format and the screen is fully open, the picture has freezing. If you make the window small, then the freezing disappears. The screen flickers in HDR mode. 3 Madvr codec. 3840X2160 23Hz. There is no such thing on the GeForce 461.51 drivers.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021