NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Graphics Cards Gets Listed For Double the MSRP

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    329 times 2 is 658 Hilbert, not 750.

Still not good, and yes "ALMOST" twice the price. And that is how you should have worded it. So many mistakes and misquotes, grammatical errors here lately. I think you need some proof readers.
    This has nothing to do with "PC Gaming".

2. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    so glad I bought a 2070s early last year.

3. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Ya I bought a used 5700XT about 16 months back for $350, works great, funny part is I could sell it for a pretty good profit now, I won't, LoL.

Embra and Undying like this.
  4. Pryme

Pryme Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800 SWFT
    In Portugal GPU prices are going much higher than MSRP, double is many cases. 3060 at 700€.

5. Kool64

Kool64 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070
    yeah I could probably do the same and even my old 1070 is worth almost what I paid for it just before the last mining crunch.

6. ThEcLiT

ThEcLiT Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 460 1gb OC
    Sweet Jesus! 1660s sells for 440+euro!! 1060 6gb sells for 370?!?! 580 8gb sells for 400+!!! 1050ti sells for 250-280! Holy cow! EVGA released a miner PSU?! World is gone crazy! Even PS5 (900-1000) and new Xbox (400-500 and 800-900+) prices gone crazy where i live!

On the other hand Nvidia Geforce NOW lowered the cpu power of their systems to get more people into GFNow. (they promised to upgrade systems but they did the opposite!) https://www.reddit.com/r/GeForceNOW/comments/kf19f5/how_gfn_dealt_with_long_queues_heres_how_cpu/ It is impossible to play an AAA game on the service now without stutter, cpu bottleneck and crazy low fps. This is CRAZY!

edit: i checked again, and 3060ti costs 1000-1050usd now here. I am guessing 3060 will be near 900-950$ :(

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    3060 costs the same as 3060ti everywhere.

8. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Hard realities of the modern age with current prices. Our hobby has basically become someone else's business and their buying power is huge. We literally are talking pallet by pallet of gpus kind of buying power.

Regarding Nvidia cards; ime I've found that as long as you don't get greedy with overclocking and give them a nice gold or better power-supply, then, Nvidia cards can last for years.

9. Moto_Life

Moto_Life Active Member

GPU:
    Msi 1070 gaming X
    Sell cards directly to miners driving prices to the moon, Raise MSRP double what it was before= Profit.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Welp guess my 1080 is gonna keep on keepin on.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    And 2021 was supposed to be better than 2020, lol

Solfaur likes this.
  12. DownwithEA

DownwithEA Active Member

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    323-3233138_meme-memes-lol-sticker-png-transparent-png.png Me with my 1060 seeing people worried about their 1080s.

Venix and jbscotchman like this.
  13. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    Imagine you are a company which product provides "entertainment" in some sort of way for people who prefer or have to be indoors, suddenly other kind of entertainments either rely on your product or simply cannot be accessed to.

What do you do?, keep prices at the same price or increased accordingly to the demand increase since other kind of leisure activities are not as available / allowed at the moment
    or
    Take advantage of the situation to make big bucks, they are after all "trapped" indoors and have to pay whatever you ask in order to have access to the very few option of leisure.
    Choose your poison; personally I think is a mix of both, for sure there has been an increase in demand, but NOWHERE even remotely to the point of having global shortages of this magnitude, so, lets take that argument as an excuse an manipulate the prices artificially and bleed the customers.
    Simple, you want it then pay it, if not, f**k off; simple corporation decisions behind prices and production when the situation benefits them.

The only solution is completely give them a big middle finger and just let them rot with their products this and the next and after the next year, they are basically acting like the mor**ns who bought toilet paper en masse, the only way to punish them is by not buying them sh*t, unfortunately some parts are absolutely necessary, for some sectors, so I do not see such actions making any difference.

Only real action we will end up facing is just leave completely anything related with video card in terms of leisure (mainly call it games) if we can make the deman drop so hard they feel threatened to lose some money, they will have to go back to real prices, not this pumped BS.

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    This scalping is getting out control, I think geting ps5 for 499$ is bargain if this prices and scalping is just gona keep get more out of control

15. hijodeosiris

hijodeosiris Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT
    Sorry to break your bubble but as you said, you do not know the reality of these cards since they have not been launched globally, but this kind of situation just makes everyones red lights turn on (or what´s the idiom?), yeah sure lots of places have really absurd prices for technology products (like india or as you mentioned brazil), but I dare to say this levels of absurdity is not unheard; gonna add another place in the world to your argument; Mexico, Aug - Oct 2020 prices for 5600 -5700 xt where around 6000 to 10000 MXN, I even saw in amazon for like 2 months a Liquid Devil Powercolor 5700xt (the one with waterblock) at 9500 so damn tempting to buy it considering regular ones where 10-12 000, right now you cannot find neither of both at not less than 20 000, almost double the price, 5600 XT are about inexistent, and other older GPUs like 570s are crazy expensive as well.
    [​IMG]

Yeah some prices are from other sellers not amazon and anyway some from amazon are high.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah at this point can we all just stop pretending MSRP is actually what they suggest? More like Manufacturer's PR BS Lie Price. MPRBSLP.

The few major computer stores in Canada don't even do back orders anymore as there is no stock coming. So the whole ordering and waiting 2-3 months option is now gone, even at already bloated and stupid prices, that still somehow aren't as bad as other places in the world.

17. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Lucky for you. Not in my country, though (not that I want a console, but still)

cucaulay malkin likes this.
  18. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    thinking about getting one
    i might like it,if not the worst that can happen is selling it in q3 for twice the price

19. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @Catroqui no they where never double msrp in most europe , in general european prices where msrp +vat +20-30 Euros on various other taxes /charges so realistically a 300usd gpu could be found on 300-320 euro range mind you (euro over the years flactuated to 1.15 -1.30 to a dollar with prices changing most of the time accordingly)

Brazil imposes INSANE taxes on imported electronics.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    3050 gonna be 500 then.

And paying 400 for something like a 1030 equivalent... :cool: