CD Projekt RED victim of attack - Source Code Cyberpunk 2077 and The Witcher 3 and more out on the Street

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 9, 2021.

1. warezme

warezme Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    The Cyberpunk bugs must be console based because the game is simply that demanding and I honestly believe consoles don't have the resources to keep up. I have a beefy PC and I have played well over 100 hrs of the game going through multiple endings and the bugs I have encountered have been minimal and not game breaking in the very least. The game is huge, highly detailed and amazing but you have to have the resources and performance to match.

2. undorich

undorich Active Member

GPU:
    Geforce Palit 1080
    how convenient ...

3. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    oh c'mon go away somewhere else

Octopuss likes this.
  4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    They should have known this was coming after they basically scammed the gaming world.

But all this means for gamers, aside from finding out more about possible scumminess of CDPR (which would surprise precisely no one), is even more delays to a potential semi-playable CP2077 experience.
    What are the odds that a ton of people did NOT want to go after them? Considering how many people worldwide they infuriated, it seems believable. The only thing that makes it seem potentially fake, aside from it being a convenient excuse for more shittiness, is how retarded the ransom letter was. It sounds like it was written by either someone making up something; imagining what an angry gamer hacker sounds like, or it was written by a stereotypical Mountain Dew drinking, Cheeto/Dorito dust finger tipped, Call of Duty playing, dipshit 11 year old.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    As you said, most people cool down, and Cyberpunk is huge success that no one can denie, they have made a lot of work in the urge (on xbox the game have improved a lot) on PC i am at more than 350h and haven't done all the quest and ending.
    But, yes they should have wait a bit before release... same with Witcher 3, same with Witcher 2...

6. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super

I liked dnf ...the bad was the limited weapons and the halo type life system ! Other than that it was the cheesy duke as we knew him ! People complaint even for the voice of duke in dnf ! It was the same actor! There where complaints about duke sexist comments and the macho character of duke ..... I mean is duke what do you expect ? :p

Morax likes this.
  7. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Someone who gets infuriated by bugs in a game, knowing the studio will eventually release patches to fix at least most of them, might need to swallow a chill pill and start reflecting on their life. If you get infuriated by a bloody game, what happens when someone steals your bike, your cars engine breaks in the middle of nowhere, you lose your front door key and only notice when you really need to get to the toilet... and so forth. I guess it's a stroke, then, if bugs in a game are infuriating already. Life is full of real annoyances. Who has time to get infuriated by a game? Just play something else until a few patches have been released.

Isn't GTX 970 like the minimum requirement?

Chess likes this.
  8. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    wether it's directly someone who was hyped by the game or a collateral of the disappointement you can be sure the fact that cyberscam 2077 is garbage didn't help cdprojekt here
    considering this fake game generated more hate than love, pirates who are already hacking even hospitals see it as a "free to go" they know cdpr will get low support now
    talking about hospitals or important companies, they have no business having their entire system connected to the outside, they're responsible before anyone else, ease of use is no good answer when life of people are in your hands it's YOUR responsibility that things like that don't happen
    online addiction is a real problem, things worked before the internet, things would continue to work without it

@barbacot they DID all of that..but that's over, open your eyes they blatanly lied to earn millions selling a non-working product on old gen consoles, a CRIME in any other business other than "we can do whatever we want software" greed has taken them over, CDPR is dead just like Blizzard Bioware and many others
    [​IMG]

@Kaarme it has little to do with the state of the game, they are scammers, blatantly lied to sell a broken product to millions of old gen gamers, as usual because it's "software" something that would in any other business considered a CRIME and would see the immediate arrest of the culprits is weirdly "acceptable", not for me (and neither from the polish governement btw) I want cdpr management to be swatted in their homes and arrested like the criminals they are all money seized and refunded to old gen players, you think a company creating buildings that catch on fire would get away with it ? or a car company selling one with one wheel missing and no brakes ?
    anyone that defends criminals doesn't look good nor honest, maybe you should keep that in mind

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 9, 2021
    sbacchetta and Neo Cyrus like this.
  9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Probably someone looking to steal the code from the law enforcement system of CP2077.

...:rolleyes:

sbacchetta and fantaskarsef like this.
  10. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Big software will always have bugs. That's just how it is. If they can't get the game working on old gen, in a reasonable time (several months), then it's a huge problem and they need to return all the money to all old gen customers. You need to check your dictionary for "scam", though. It's something like Star Citizen: collecting lots of money with empty promises, with no real plan of ever releasing a product. 2077 exists, fully, it just runs extremely poorly on the old gen, but it's playable on other platforms, with plenty of satisfied customers. If you demand no software must have bugs, you just killed the software industry. Congrats.

All buildings can catch on fire. What are you even talking about? Towns have fire departments for a reason.

There have been plenty of cars with manufacturing errors. It leads to the manufacturer recalling them for repairs. I find the cases where the steering wheel suddenly detaches in the middle of driving to be the funniest flaw, though I imagine it can be absolutely terrying for the driver and passengers. However, if there was no criminal intent, it's hard to blame anyone for it, especially if nobody died. If there was a criminal intent, then the USA can cash in by fining European car manufacturers for billions of dollars.

Chess, CrazY_Milojko and anticupidon like this.

11. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    The game is Garbage.

Played so much of it and uninstalled.

Bugs galore(did anyone playtest this broken game)

Disappearing characters, Characters floating in mid air, sitting down on invisible chairs, slow loading textures, awful popin.
    NPC'S are like Zombies. No reaction to most things. Animations are very poor. Shadows are comical. Fire appears underwater. no splashes. poor physics with no realism.

Sorry but the Dev stated he wanted to push these technologies forward. Instead they went backwards after 9 years.

The Witcher 3 was good and I would play the next one, but if another game released in that state. I wouldn't bother again.

metagamer, itpro and jbscotchman like this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I don't feel this is a personal attack, but I do have to point out a few things.

sbacchetta and itpro like this.
  13. TalentX

TalentX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX4090 AIO
    By exploiting the security vulnerabilities of Intel CPUs. Easy.

Silva likes this.
  14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Anyone condoning this behavior from anyone trying to ransom information and code that was stolen is disgusting. The launch of Cyberpunk may not have been the smoothest, but this does not give any excuse to be okay with the lives, work, and personal information of the workers of the company to be threatened. This is not karma, or anything close to that, karma is not threatening people. This is a person who is sick and trying to prey on people.

Chess, Octopuss, mackintosh and 3 others like this.
  15. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    you reap what you sow...

16. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    How quick are some to pass judgement and point fingers at CDProjekt.
    Wish them to become a developer and someone steals their code.
    Will see then how funny is to have this kind of smart azz comments ."Karma", "You reap what you sow"...
    But, hey, it's the internet, everyone could say and act well hidden behind their fragile anonymity. Just beware that internet is full of people who posses a set of skills.

Camaxide and Mineria like this.
  17. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    It's wrong and bad to steal from and trying to blackmail a company like this, also it does not give the attention that is aimed for.

18. Camaxide

Camaxide Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Gaming X SLI
    This isn’t really about a single game though..

19. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I will just preface this by saying that grabbing HR data (so essentially full employee data, names, addresses, social security and bank account numbers and pictures) is a dick move and there's no excuse for this, even if you would try to paint yourself as internet vigilante going against bad/incompetent corpo.

Other than that, this leak will benefit no-one.
    The company is already on their knees, team morale are no doubt lowest the company has ever seen and whole thing probably threw a wrench into already miserable attempts at fixing a prematurely released game.

There also won't be a "modders will fix it lol", vast majority of modders will steer clear off the leaked editors and whatnot due to legality issues (leaving out the fact that majority of internal tools won't even work outsides REDs network environment due to how the engine is set up). Beyond that, undoubtedly the leak won't be made public as it's too hot of a topic to not monetize - i bet it will be sold to some private hoarder(s) for a hefty price and that's the last the world will hear of it, whether that's for the better or worse.

Compassion where it's due but on the flip side of the coin - the company had like what, 4 or 5 hacks over past 6 or so years with two literal data-grabs off their server, including one where pre-release Witcher 3 got stolen but they lucked out because it was a private leak hoarding group who never intended to let anyone know about the theft nor share it with anybody. It kinda feels like they didn't learn their lesson, sure i'm no cyber security expert but this has been happening a bit too often to be called bad luck.

Overall it feels like watching a car crash in slow motion and someone just threw in an entire barrel of gasoline.

20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    So you say NPCs TPose on the PC version because of consoles?