Mass Effect Legendary Edition: Official PC Requirements and Release Date

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 5, 2021.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    it not just visual remastering, there changing gameplay and other things, think of it as FF7Remake , only it all 3 games and all dlc in 1 package, unlike FF7R that gona take 1 game turn into 3 games that will probably take another 10 years to complete

to me it all meh, maybe I will get when supercheap, seeing i never like ME gameplay in first place, great story dont mean anything to me if gameplay sucks atlest to me.

Seeing as this EA im surpised there not pushing the new higher price some publishers are trying to make standard for ps5/x gen

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It'll probably work, will just need xaudio 2.9 dll's installed (i made a installer for 2.8 and 2.9 for w7 some time back)

3. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    I first played ME on Athlon 64 3000+@2.5ghz/AC64 FreezerPro/ 1gb RAM / Geforce 6600
    I hope my new rig can run it, lol. Still using the same 15y old cooler, haha.

4. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Dayum a64 could clock to 2500 ? My a64 lived his life stuck at 2ghz ! But had a good full life !

mbk1969 likes this.

5. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    2,5Ghz was the usual overclock. Good chips could do over 2,7ghz.

Venix likes this.
  6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Am I the only one concerned that they want to go full "woke" on this?

Backstabak and MegaFalloutFan like this.
  7. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    Actually, I'm wary of that as well, one of the reasons not to preorder the game. Fingers crossed I guess.

MegaFalloutFan likes this.
  8. koblongata

koblongata New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Yea, raytracing is amazing in Cyberpunk, especially with reflections and HDR both turned on, so much more immersive I don't want to play anything without now, too bad and almost a bit angry the new Mass Effect remaster does not support it.

9. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    ME was already woke, we just didn't want to admit it. MEA rubbed it into our faces.
    I don't think a remaster will change anything. It's gonna be just like the original.
    Pre-ordering any game is beyond stupid.

WalterDasTrevas likes this.
  10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    They already confirmed they're going out of their way to change pointless things like any camera angles that show Miranda's ass.

MEA just went full social justice parasite, it was on another level. It sold solely by the virtue of having the ME name which it shouldn't have.

KissSh0t likes this.

11. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Sorry Hilbert but this is not a reboot. Perhaps you misunderstand what a reboot is. A reboot is when a franchise is done over, anew, like Hitman. This is a remaster, not a reboot nor a remake. Please correct your article to reflect this as it's basically false information

12. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Windows 7 in 2021? :rolleyes: Ummm. Dude. Get with the times. Windows 10 is better in every single way. Windows 7 is dead

WalterDasTrevas and Ricepudding like this.
  13. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Remember where you could punch that female reporter?
    Now when you choose that option, he'll break the 3rd wall and tell you about the importance of Intersectional feminism.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Brasky, carnivore and Neo Cyrus like this.
  14. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Its far from remake, they use the old engine and just use whats available on the engine, it will get some minimal new special effects and thats it, gamepad support and HDR.
    They even said that textures where AI upscaled and touched up.

If you go to Nexus and decide to mod all 3 games youll get a better game in many ways just minus the special effects.

They have fully custom remade texture packs with insane detail, gamepad support, new levels, some cut content remade and more.

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I never said it was REMAKE I said think of it FF7R only all 3 game and all DLC are in 1 package as possed to split up 3 parts and full price for all 3

It also anything but simple remastering, a remastering would just overhauled the graphics there changing graphics and gameplay and some other aspects

16. WalterDasTrevas

WalterDasTrevas Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 oc
    I understand, my dear, but it is still expensive for old games on an old engine. These are games that should be on the GOG STORE with symbolic price.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    They totally screwed up the PC launch but it runs great now.

18. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Whats worse I opened Origin now and I have ME2 and 3 and they not offering any discount upgrade options, not even symbolic 10% for each owned game.
    The good part about EA is you dont have to buy their games if you want to play them, you can subscribe to one month of their service [for 3 games one may be not enough so lets say 2 months], play the game and move on, you wont keep it but youll enjoy it and keep the save files if you ever decide to replay when its on deep discount many years later.

19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    GOG has many price points, ranging from $10 or less for very old games, to $20 and up for relatively old (2005) and newer, unless they are generally considered not-so-great games, in which case they may be cheaper (talking about main-stream games, not random games no one is ever heard of)

By your own statement then, each game should be on GOG, non-remasted in any way, for $20 each. $60 total. Hm, same price as what is being released here, except, there's work been done on it.

Surprise surprise...................

(i mean jeeze Close Combat: Modern Tactics is on there from 2007 and is 39.99, Quake III: Gold from 2001 for $14.99, etc.)

And the idea that a games worth is based off of an old engine....... wut? Ion Fury would like a word with you(and before you say the game looks bad or isn't your thing, please look at the overwhelmingly positive reviews before you put your foot in your mouth), and simply talking about UE3 there's many modern games still using the engine, and literally has nothing to do with the cost.

As i said before, you're here to complain for complaining's sake and have no desire to buy the games regardless of price.

If you don't like the price, just like every release of games, wait for a sale. Otherwise the starting price for a complete pack of all 3 games and all 3 DLC at 59.99 is a discount compared to what you can get them now, and is a good price in itself. Let alone the EXTRA WORK that has gone into them.

20. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    This should be free for those who own the original games.