CD Projekt releases Hotfix 1.12 for Cyberpunk 2077 that addresses Vulnerability

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Why are they so slow with larger changes? They should be spewing out bug fixes every few days.

3. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    [​IMG]

Silva and theoneofgod like this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Another hotfix lol. I'll reinstall next year when it might actually be a game worth playing.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    We've all seen that, and it answers nothing. The pace they're moving at is a joke even by indie studio standards considering what low hanging fruit fixing a lot of the game is.

jbscotchman likes this.
  6. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
    Wow, have you guys even played the game? I had a small bug initially with the first chapter optic implant with the ripper-doc, quick google, and bam, way past it. This game is really cool, why all the hate for em?? Oh wait, would have to assume your way better coders, and could fix the game issues in less than 15min....

Silva, Passus and Dragam1337 like this.
  7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah I played the game and have experienced almost nothing but bug-bug mania from the procreating character creation screen. You supposedly (yeah right) have had a good experience? Good for you, the rest of us have experienced a clown fiesta's dumpster fire. And damn right I'd do better, put me in charge with even 1/10th CDPR's resources and I'll show you fanboys what's up.

It's not a lack of skill that's making the patching process go slow as crap, it's a lack of proper management.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The code behind the game is very, very long. They probably don't know how to change stuff without breaking something else.

AlmondMan and itpro like this.
  9. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    You also think that lasers of a certain persuasion are being shot at us from space too?

Lol dude you’re totally downplaying and outright lying about the situation

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    cybercrap.jpg

The game is crap and CD Projekt should be ashamed of themselves.

PrMinisterGR and Neo Cyrus like this.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    And I am totally not surprised to find jbscotchman`s comments in this thread. :cool:

PS And I wrote in first part of Cyberpunk2077 thread that we will see who is masochist (to not play new game for at least several months) after the game is launched...

jbscotchman likes this.
  12. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    lol you know me man, I got a big voice. I can talk about everything wrong with CyberPunk 2077 all day.

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Look at my posts in that thread. My hype was huge based on everything CD Projekt released and talked about. Then when I played the game my excitement went down

down

down

and way down

At the end I asked myself: "Is that it?"

14. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    The eff... thanks dev that after few months this game is not a security threat to out PCs!!! Very appreciated. Its still a torso of the promises they made, a zombie, but at least not so dangerous anymore... maybe.

15. smashmambo

smashmambo Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4GB
    I feel it's gonna take at least a year before we begin to see this game live up to the expectations people had for it. After the awful launch reaction and criticism of missing features, I think the large planned DLCs will add at least some of those back in.

I'm not expecting much from hotfix's or patches for a very long time.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I honestly don't think they'll ever get around to making the game what it was originally meant to be. The entire game world feels flat and dead to me, largely because the NPCs are all braindead. Aside from their bizarre and erratic behaviour, at best they spew out 1 liners from a small list, and they're nearly all randomly generated and permanently disappear (that specific generated one) when you move a certain distance away and look away... or reload your save. How can a world feel alive when all the people in it are fake as crap and only exist while you're looking at them? Schrodinger's crappy braindead NPCs.

The police teleporting and 1 shotting me / the complete lack of a proper wanted system is also pretty immersion breaking as well, to say the least.

17. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Well, graphically while the last-gen consoles have hit their limits; on PC it's a different matter. Increasing things like draw-distance, NPC density and a.i. are all do-able.

However, I do feel like as we get closer to real-life with open-world games, they start sorely exhibiting game-centric limitations.

To stop breaking the immersion, then, you'd literally have to make all of the game world not only fully accessible (no unopenable doors), but, also graphically glitch-free (Nearly impossible task).

I'm going to be generous with Cyberpunk 2077, what's there that works is solid. But I do think it's going to be a 2yrs journey to get it even remotely close to the initial vision/reveals.

18. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I do not think they are going to work 2 years on it if this is the welcome they have.
    Who should improve a game for a venom-spitting customer base?
    People that are unhappy should have get a refund and get out of the topic.

screwtech02 likes this.
  19. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    Using your faul logic asturur - when No Mans Sky was released - it was welcomed with "venom-spitting customer base" - and guess why it was? Cut content? Unfulfilled promises? Very bad bugs? Rings a bell? That game was a lie (One Mans Lie) same as Cyberprank, which was pitched as a next gen game, yet it doesnt even have a freaking driving AI (so cops cant chase you) and the cars cant even drive around a obstacle, same as citizens cant walk past obstacle, things we had for decades already. And OH SO MUCH MORE....

If the Hellogames devs used your approach, that game would have never reached the levels of quality and content it has now, and Hello Games would have never recovered their reputation.

Stupid customer base and developers, right? Man some ppl around here....

AlmondMan and smashmambo like this.
  20. Jayzow

Jayzow Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 960
    That's what companies have to do when they fail to deliver the advertised product and don't want more potential lawsuits,
    You seem to be confused here and acting like CDPR are doing the gaming community a favour by releasing the game....

AlmondMan, smashmambo and theoneofgod like this.