Battlefield 2042

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, May 29, 2020.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Does this look like the face of a guy that wants to just sell you just a good video game.

[​IMG]

The correct answer will always be no.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Once it's here, we shall see if it holds up to what they promise. Brace yourselves for a kick ass reveal trailer, as always, but beyond that BF needs to improve on:

Cheaters.
    Netcode.
    Map design.
    Reward redesign (BF5 just sucks in that regard).

All just my opinion.

ramthegamer likes this.
  3. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i used to rock the ACE 21 CQB in bf4

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No pre-order or day 1 purchase for me anymore with BF (Dice) games. Always before and after "the love" for BF5 and Star Wars debacle, nope, not anymore.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    fantaskarsef and Shataan like this.

5. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Battlefield makes great cinematic trailers but they don't make a game I want to play. I'm not even going to bother watching it. (I'll see what others think...)

BF4 was the last one I liked at all and even that one was continuing in the locked-down, no mods, BF3 direction that I hated it going in.

I want a proper re-make of BF2 or BF1942. It doesn't need to look like reality, it doesn't need 8,000 gun attachments, it just needs to be simple fun again and let the fans make their own levels again. I'd be happy with a game that could even run on most laptops. It's not about the graphics, it's the gameplay. I still think those type of games would sell in 2021+. Maybe I'm just old (47) and this is what it feels like to be out of touch with "new" gaming.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  6. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Bad Company 2 got the pace just right. You could play slow and methodical, or relentlessly rush as a group - there was enough to go for a strategical approach, or just run and gun. The individual players could make a difference even if the rest of the team was struggling. You felt like you could actually control the outcome of the game if you did your part according to your role. BF3 was okay, the maps were bigger so the pace was different - fair enough.

Everything after that, to me, was just an arcady run and gun kind game. Run, gun, die.. spawn, and repeat. Teamwork was optional, strategy nonexistent - the game was too fast to actually take a step back and think. It didn't feel any different from a deathmatch mode. Long story - it turned into what COD used to be on a bigger scale (idk how COD is now) and with vehicles.

7. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    Reported for posting sick pics on a public forum! Have you no shame? ;)

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    DICE LA is working on the next Battlefield..

ramthegamer likes this.
  10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Just gonna post this here, because some claim its the truth and not fake. I think its utterly BS, but yeah...read it, haha.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield6/comments/meoke9/insider_leak/

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ahh yes what every battlefield veteran has been waiting for... royale *cough* I mean Battle Royale...

There's this thing right... and it's like crack cocaine for a battlefield veteran... just in case EA have forgotten.. it's called Conquest Mode.

12. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    The fact that DICE completely missed out on the battle royale craziness for years, while having all the technology to pull it off from the start, is a testament that they have a deep issue with managing innovation.

I want them to take risks and surprise us.

More players per map has never meant a better experience for me, back in BF4 times i usually had the most fun on 48players.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    MerolaC likes this.
  13. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    They can sell you tons of skins and stuff with Royale.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That would be EA's only intent, that said if it were true then that bastardization of a Battlefield video game better be free to play.

15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Conquest & Rush should be their primary focus imo gameplay wise. Rush was added later, but when done right it's also very good game mode.

KissSh0t likes this.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Operations are nice, too, if done properly.

17. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    They could well do that this time around. It would make more sense to release both at the same time. If it keeps all the cheaters away from Battlefield 6 then it's all good.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Now, actual info about the game from the leaker and insider who had it right with BF3, BF4 and BF5.

https://www.getrevue.co/profile/_to...ly-gone-gold-newsletter-1-battlefield-436326#

Tbh,..perks in BF? Silent footsteps, faster sprint? Sounds like crap...how about kill streaks, too? Sigh..

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Will you be able to play all the multiplayer maps in singleplayer mode against bots?

Honestly that is the only thing I actually want back in Battlefield for many years now...

20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I have so little "hype" for this franchise after the way they handled BFV.
    I hope its good I really do but it needs to focus on good maps built for conquest OR rush then use those maps for a operations style mode.

Cut the fat on game modes and imo if any battle royal mode is made it should be 100% separate from the main game with its own team of devs.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    ShadowDuke likes this.