3080 Owner's thread!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Syranetic, Sep 17, 2020.

1. RyuzakiL

RyuzakiL Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX-1070
  2. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  3. Scorpio_ASC

Scorpio_ASC Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    I mean, as they say on the hwinfo post, "this is not the external (case) temperature, but internal junction temperature measured inside the silicon". It looks freaky but it should be cool. I think it can go to 110c and then it throttles. Mines running at 92-98c while mining at 85-90 mh/S at 10200memclock^^ nothing to worry about I think.

Some dude said https://mp5works.com/product/gpu-bpc-kit-black/ took down his junction temp to 62-65c using this while heavy benching.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  4. RyuzakiL

RyuzakiL Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX-1070
    Thanks for the link. I'm considering the Water-cooling approach but my card is 3 weeks old and I want to get the most out of the warranty Anyhow, the 110c limit is what bothers me as both Nvidia and Micron did not specifically mentioned that it's the set limit for the 6GDDRX mem chips. Also, in terms of longevity I'm worried about the temps will do on it as it's not easy to replace it due to the current shortages of the RTX 3000 series. If they could only confirm that the 100-110c are also part of the "normal" operating temp. range then I will stop worrying XD.

I wonder if this is connected to Nvidia suddenly discontinuing the founders edition cards as those can hit the 110c limit easily under 4k Gaming alone.

5. TAGTRAUM

TAGTRAUM Member

GPU:
    Aorus Xtreme 3080Ti
    Well, non-watercooled 3080 aorus xtreme without additional blowers on 70% fans pushing 86C max in any scenario (benchmark, 4K gaming, 100mh/s). Ambient temp +20-22C
    Also regarding games, those 80C+ temps archievable only in RDR2 and Cyberpunk on max settings, for AC Valhalla it pushing memory to 68C-74C max, CS:GO 54-58C, so depending on graphic engine it have differencies

6. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    Hi, I'd like to know if my performance in these benchmarks are in line with everyone else here or if it's underperforming.

Specs:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC (Stock)
    Intel Core i9 10900K (Stock)
    G.Skill DDR4 3200MHz (CAS 16)
    Asus Z490-V Prime
    NZXT 850W Bronze
    Western Digital Blue 1TB NVMe
    Noctua NH-D15

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      67.3 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      62.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      236 KB
      Views:
  7. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Weird my gaming x trio on vram is between 85-90 on valhalla but very low gpu temp 72-73 then again i am not using any custom fan profiles for my gpu.
    In metro exodus on dx12 1440p extreme and rtx ultra vram temp goes up to 96c.
    Glad i am not gaming in 4k just yet these vram temps i dont like lol.

8. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 Gaming
    Unigine benchmarks at 1440p.

Attached Files:

• 1b.jpg
      1b.jpg
      File size:
      67.7 KB
      Views:
    • 2b.jpg
      2b.jpg
      File size:
      62.6 KB
      Views:
    • 3b.jpg
      3b.jpg
      File size:
      226.5 KB
      Views:
  9. Scorpio_ASC

Scorpio_ASC Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    I think the junction temp differs from what you would call memory temp. I got a FTW3 3080, so it got temp sensors on the memory, and the memory temps on the 3 sensors are around 62 degree's when the junction temp is 92.

Nekrosleezer likes this.
  10. RyuzakiL

RyuzakiL Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX-1070
    I guess the aorus xtreme had a good cooling on the VRAM compared to other brands. Also, it seems you have a great ambient temps so I guess it's one that contributed to the cooling. Tropic countries will have little headroom as the ambient temps goes in 30-35c range. Right now I was able to tweak the PL a little bit (77%) and -250 on core, and I'm now getting 96 mh/s @ 90-98 mem junction temp. as opposed to 105c XD

I already ordered a simple aluminum heatsink block and will put it on the backplate, will use some little thermal paste for good measure.

11. RyuzakiL

RyuzakiL Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX-1070
    Well the Mem. Junction Temp refers to the thermal diode found "inside" the memory so in terms of accuracy, it is on point compared to the package temp - which is found "outside" the VRAM. So I think in a way, we can tell how much the VRAM is suffering so to speak

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  12. Scorpio_ASC

Scorpio_ASC Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    Sure, but its obviously within spec, i doubt they are suffering :) . What I meant was more like, yea thats a sensor these gddr6x memory's got, and if other hardware had a similar sensor, it would probably register similar temps. Just cause we can see that now in HWinfo i doubt theres any need to panic.

13. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    According to toms hardware the new colerful gpu and gaming x trio are running the coolest on air on vram.

The quality of the cooling is arguably far more important. With the recent update of HWInfo64 to report GDDR6X memory temperatures, we've checked the other 3080 GPUs. It's not good news. For gaming purposes, the cards seem to do okay — we saw maximum memory temps of 102C on the 3080 Founders Edition, slightly lower temps of 100C on the Asus 3080 TUF, and 94C on the MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio. The Colorful 3080 Vulcan basically matched the MSI card, sitting at 94C (in Turbo mode).

Colorful iGame RTX 3080 Vulkan Review | Tom's Hardware

14. Scorpio_ASC

Scorpio_ASC Member

GPU:
    1080ti
    Yea kinda clickbatey article; "We also don't know exactly what "GDDR6X Memory Junction Temperature" means,"
    Obviously the dude dont know how to setup his card for mining if he gets a 30% performance drop when lowering PL, but i guess you gotta write about something. Shallow journalism, it would be nice if he dug a bit deeper, called up someone at micron and got us some answers, now he's just fueling an imagined concern.
    If nvidia/micron took the time to set a thermal throttle, and they set it that high, there must be a reason, im thinking.

15. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12GB memory

NVIDIA has allegedly changed the specifications for its upcoming high-end RTX 3080 Ti graphics card once again. We were actually in a process of confirming the specs that we received, when @kopite7kimi,
    the person who leaked GA100/GA102 specs months ahead of launch, has now shared exactly what we have been hearing.

The most recent update to the NVIDIA product roadmap lists GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12GB coming in April. The date has not been confirmed by other sources yet.
    This is actually a third date from the same roadmap, so we wouldn’t necessarily believe that cannot change again. However, this is the latest information that we have. More importantly though, the card is no longer listed as ‘on hold’.

Things have changed.
    Maybe the current spec is 10240FP32, 12G GD6X.

— kopite7kimi (@kopite7kimi) February 6, 2021

Kopite has revealed that the card might feature 10240 CUDA cores, which means that the RTX 3080 would offer 80 Streaming Multiprocessors, 12 more than RTX 3080 and 2 fewer than RTX 3090.
    Thus the card should offer a very similar performance to RTX 3090, but it will all depend on the clock speeds and enforced TDP (earlier reports have suggested it will be 320W like RTX 3080).

With 12GB GDDR6X memory, the graphics card would have to rely on a wider 384-bit memory bus. Previous rumors have suggested that the card might feature 20 GB GDDR6X memory, in fact, this information has been available to board partners for at least 2 months.
    Some of them have already prepared product codes for the RTX 3080 Ti 20GB. However, it would seem that those product codes need to change now.

NVIDIA would launch GeForce RTX 3080 Ti in April.
    The exact date has not yet been announced by NVIDIA to board partners.

-> https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-geforce-rtx-3080-ti-with-12gb-memory-to-launch-in-april

16. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    That is third wrong info about 3080ti in a few months. Not like card will be released anyway.

endbase likes this.
  17. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    why is it wrong ?

18. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I was thinking i'd found a solution to the gpu situation and that was wait till 40 series and buy a 30 series then at that point but
    upon further reflection the only 30 series then available would be miners leftovers pretty much.
    Honestly the market is gonna be flooded with 30 series when the next-gen arrives, nasty overused miner's cards.

386SX likes this.
  19. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    RTX3080 is about 2000 Euros in Germany today. There is only one model available. One single card ....
    RTX3090 starts at 2250 while RTX3070 starts at about 1000.

Not that Red Team would be better price wise ...

Bye bye RTX3080 ... Seems I never gonna get ya ... :(

Someone remember the times when top notch cards were about 1000 Euros and prices sank over time?

Pepperidge Farm remembers ....

DannyD likes this.
  20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I bought mine for half of that and thought it was expensive, 50% more than the 1080Ti it replaced.

386SX and DannyD like this.