ClockTuner 2.0 for Ryzen (CTR) Guide and download

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 3, 2021.

1. ArtrexisLives

ArtrexisLives Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080Ti
    So my issue is that I'm getting this error message:

Operating system does not see CPPC core tags!
    CPPC, PSS and Preferred cores should be ENABLED in BIOS.
    Also try reinstalling the chipset driver.

***ClockTuner for Ryzen 2.0 RC3 by 1usmus***
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
    GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
    BIOS ver. F33a SMU ver. 56.45.00
    TABLE ver. 3672068
    DRAM speed 3600 MHz
    02/03/2021 12:00:58

I KNOW I have CPPC and Preferred Cores enabled. The issue is that I don't know for sure what setting "PSS" is under for Gigabyte's BIOS. Any help would be appreciated!

2. ghost_one

ghost_one Active Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680
    PSS is cool & quiet (power saving feature )

Maybe you have it under that name ( I had it like that on my MSI board then with new bios it changed to PSS

The problem is I'm getting that warning as well and I have them all enabled

3. Mile92

Mile92 Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RX5600 XT
    Does anybody have problems that sometimes the system crashes (restarts) on a different values of oc? For example my cpu has passed 4300 @1.25 and I applied profile but then it crashed in stability test in CTR at the same frequency and voltage? I mean everytime I start tuning I end up with different values, sometimes is very big difference

4. ArtrexisLives

ArtrexisLives Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080Ti
    Okay, that's what it is on my Gigabyte BIOS, and I have that disabled as well. The other question I have is that in the guide it says to have "performance enhancer" disabled. Is that the same thing as Core Performance Boost?

5. Berend Koops

Berend Koops Guest

GPU:
    5700 xt
    yeah. beta 7 gets me up to 4450 and i have a gold sample almost the same but gold too with beta 3. with 2.0 i have a bronze sample and can't get further then 4200 and it fails the check after 3 tests. with beta .3 and .7 i had to put the LLC on turbo. now on auto i have over 3% vdroop. just saying that i think there are boards that NEED LLC enabled.

6. Christopher Pérez Vázquez

Christopher Pérez Vázquez Guest

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I can't find Performance Enhancer option in Bios to disable it, does anyone know if Core Performance Boost is the same thing? Gigabyte x570 aorus elite

ArtrexisLives likes this.
  7. Berend Koops

Berend Koops Guest

GPU:
    5700 xt
    i think so. thats the one i disabled. not the same board but the same vendor

8. seb10

seb10 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super
    hi, How I uninstalled previous version 1.7?

9. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Just delete it?

10. seb10

seb10 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super
    i cant says the process is in use

11. Berend Koops

Berend Koops Guest

GPU:
    5700 xt
    open task manager. stop ctr and delete

12. Cerb3rus

Cerb3rus Guest

GPU:
    gtx970 /4G
    My system just keep crashing after i run the app.
    I just did the diagnose

im on a Gigabyte Aorus b550 pro Fw 12 and running a ryzen 7 5800x

13. Mpampis

Mpampis Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT 8GB
    Just a quick question.
    Is this limited to certain chipsets?
    I managed to get my hands on a 3700x which I haven't yet installed on my X370 board. Will this work for me?

14. BiLLbO

BiLLbO Guest

GPU:
    3090 Strix
    Hi there what is the "WHEA-counter: 2" in the processing list? That recognizing Whea errors?

15. BiLLbO

BiLLbO Guest

GPU:
    3090 Strix
    also why is this thing diagnosing my cpu at 4375mhz even tho i have it set to 4550 reference

16. PilotBTW

PilotBTW Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    For some reason i don't get near the clocks i used to compared to version 1.1. My 3900X had 4325MHz on CCX1, CCX2 and 4175MHz on CCX3, CCX4. Now it wont really go pass 4.1 GHz, it just crashes.

My system crashed during the diagnostics too, after "fixing" that i got "recommended to increase the voltage compensation" message. Is that related to LLC set to Auto?

X570 AORUS ULTRA (BIOS F33a, AGESA 1.2.0.0).

I was also not able to find the option Performance Enhancer, i suppose the option is called Core Performance Boost for Gigabyte motherboards?

GlowingPotato likes this.
  17. BiLLbO

BiLLbO Guest

GPU:
    3090 Strix
    i cannot find it and i have a dark hero aswell

18. chaosophy

chaosophy Active Member

GPU:
    AMD RX Vega 64
    Well, I'm having about as much luck with this version as I did with the previous versions.
    As in, none at all.

Diags run ok but tuning runs either BSODs - with varying different errors - or just straight up hard power resets my PC.

Ryzen 3900X , Gigabyte Aorus Pro.

This is the only piece of s/w I've ever tested with that causes BSODs or hard reboots.
    PC has been 100% stable in every other test I've thrown at it.

v.odd.

19. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I've tuned two profiles, P1 and P2, and applied and saved them - P1 is 1113mV, 4300MHz, 4225MHz and P2 is 1263mV, 4525MHz, 4450MHz

After P2 it ran Cinebench itself and got 11,394.

I wanted to test if it (CTR hybrid overclock) was working so ran Cinebench myself afterwards and only got 10,872 which is basically what I got before using this software.

So it seems the profiles are not applying for some reason.

I presume on the Tuner page that the toggle switches are ON when on the RIGHT are they? Its hard to tell with the styling which way is ON or OFF, and there is no indication if its on or off.

Do I have to apply somehow or restart?

ps. The machine rebooted during P2 tuning and came back with results, but when I hit Apply button nothing happened so I had to manually type the values into fields and apply them myself after. Could this be something to do with it?

EDIT: Actually it looks like it is using the P1 profile now while running Cinebench??? Which one is it supposed to run? Thought it was the faster P2 one? Since that's what got the 11,394 result. And during single core CPU Cinebench run, neither profile is used... CPU is at 1.45V

If the thing is able to successfully run Cinebench R20 test using P2 profile, then what do I need the slower P1 profile for???

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  20. Joz76

Joz76 Guest

GPU:
    Inno3D GF 3080 10GB
    I want to use the clock tuner, make a preparation and install, everything is ok. Tha diagnostic went well, my 5900X is a silver CPU. Click on the tune, and immediately crush. Reboot, and than the clocktuner doesnt started. No error massage, just doesnt start. It’s probably running somewhere in the background, because if I want to delete the folder, I can’t because the file is in use. My PC is stable and everything work well, but the clocktuner :-( When I try to start the clocktuner (it doesnt start) my PC went to unstable with browser games. Everything fine, just the bowser games freezes. If I reboot, and doest try to start the clocktuner (not running in the background) everything is fine. I think the unstability related to .NET framework or the windows registry error

My config: 5900X, B550 Aurus Pro v2, 2x8GB DDR4 3733@C17, 3080 10GB, high-end custom watercooler for the CPU and VGA.

I sad, because I mine monero with the CPU, and I wanted to undervolt, but for now is unsuccesful.

Edit: The Igor's Lab fixing is work for me, when I delete the the specified folder, everything working. BUT! When my PC cruch, the .ini file ALWAYS corrupted, so it is impossible to finish to tuner section :)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021