GALAX GeForce RTX 3090 Hall Of Fame (HOF) PCB photos

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 25, 2021.

1. labidas

labidas Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 / RX5700XT
    Even with all the climate propaganda induced extra we pay for electricity, it's still cheap enough for me to ask for not 400W cards, but 1kW+. Bring it on!

Turanis likes this.
  2. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    all hail the king

this card attracts three different kind of people, first the enthusiast working the white scheme, second the devotees of bling, and the third and smallest is the person who just wants the best components regardless of cost. none of those three come cheap so no use getting lathered over it.

it had me until the crown, which i know some love. if DJ's used custom rigs instead of laptops this would be ideal :rolleyes:

3. SeriousSkeletor

SeriousSkeletor Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Even PCI connectors are white. Watch and learn, ASUS and Gigabyte!

4. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    It looks like with a modded bios, this card could draw SLI 1kw under LN2.....and may hit 3000Mhz? According to 3dmark HOF Team OGS......

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Main question, can you boot windows through that tiny LCD screen?

6. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    This whole mentality just doesn't make logical sense.

Just because something uses a lot of wattage doesn't mean you have to buy it.

Do we look at 95 watt CPUs and go crazy over the fact there are much larger 250 watt CPUs? No.

Someone mentioned that the 2080 ti was 250 watt, so what? Are you saying a 350 watt 2090 wouldn't have been welcomed then because you can't grasp the idea that product ranges exist?

I get it people want efficiency and progress should always do that (30 series is more efficieny the 20 series, so....you got that wish) but high wattage carda and efficiency have nothing to do with anything. A card could be 1000 watts and the most efficient card in the world.

You don't want a high wattage card? Then don't buy one. You want the performance of the high wattage card without the high wattage? Then wait till newer technology comes out and brings that. Simply wanting it doesn't make it exist and even be possible at this exact time.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  7. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    HoF GPUs always been targeted more towards OC crowd than normal guys who running GPUs at stock frequencies and don't OC as much

I'm expecting Galax will release their 1000W BIOS for HoF and maybe one higher BIOS with 2000W hahaha for OC Lab version

Current generation of RTX 3090 are starved for power, I'm running on my Palit RTX 3090 GamingPro KFA2 390W BIOS and XOC 1000W BIOS as well, switching between the BIOS

Hope this helps

Thanks, Jura

8. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    Someone knows what DIP switches, lower left on the back side of the card, are for? Also nice for OC`s to have those voltage sensor disignations/ markings. This card is clearly designed for breaking oc records under LN2, not for everyday gaming. When looking at this card, a discussion about power consumption is just pointless and makes no sense.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
    jura11 likes this.
  9. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    I'm just gonna split your post a bit because you've got multiple ideas in there.

Why doesn't it make sense? How would you feel if a few years from now you'd get the same standard +70% generational improvement in a new GPU series but this time the cards also have a 70% higher TDP because the manufacturer cba to work on efficiency and found a hypothetical way of making big ass dies at low cost?

Oh what's wrong, that's not what you were referring to? Well maybe next time don't assume so much from a single sentence that I wrote, because that's what I was referring to. The only thing I'm advocating for is progress through efficiency, because that's the most reliable way of getting more performance.

No? I didn't even opine on this, why are you making your argument shaky by attributing to me stuff I didn't even talk about?
    But since you brought it up, no, I don't think a 350W would be unsuccessful especially since that number isn't even that high to begin with. We've had top-end cards close to that number before, and as long as they could be cooled down properly nobody cared.

Depends.
    If you're referring to say a Threadripper vs a regular i5 then of course we're not going crazy over it.
    But if you're referring to the 10900k's 200W+ power draw then we kinda are, because the equivalent AMD does the same with less power draw.

Well I don't disagree. In fact if you take the time to fully read this post you'll notice that we're barely in disagreement.
    Yet you went on a full on crusade about a single sentence of mine because you interpreted it based on something someone else said.

I don't know why you made my sentence your enemy like that.

10. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Hands down King of Bling but I wish they would sell this as barebones without the cooler or display so we can slap a water cooler on it. It begs to be under water.

11. brogadget

brogadget Master Guru

GPU:
    2xR9 280x 3GB
    True, but even a waterblock isnĀ“t enough to push this card to the limit. IMO the stock cooler just makes no sense, the display is also wasted. Maybe if manufacturers listen to this forum, we will get barbone cards sometime in the future.

Valken likes this.
  12. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    jura11 likes this.
  13. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    My god wonders what the power draw on load with an OC applied could be ... Jesus

14. Can86

Can86 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    I have ordered an Asus Rog Strix 3090 OC and it seems like I can have KFA2(Galax) 3090 HOF for the same price but at an earlier date. I couldn't find much reviews or anything online about Galax HOF except this world record which doesn't mean much to me. My initial idea for selecting Asus was that it has a better core frequency. So any recommendations?