3700x + 5700XT crashs everyday :/

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by joaoameixa88, Jan 29, 2021.

1. joaoameixa88

joaoameixa88 Active Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Setup:
    3700x
    5700XT red devil
    b450 tomahawk Max (latest bios)
    Corsair Hx 750w

Hello guys, recently I started having a lot of problems with my setup.

Im at desktop or gaming and my PC just crash, sound keep playing (sometimes) in background and after 5/10 sec pc just retart.

Using BlueScreenView i can see that problem:

123.JPG
    As you can see, seems to be a AMD problem...

Things i have done:
    Bios default
    Clear Cmos
    Previous Bios
    Tryed all stock on bios (XMP on, XMP off)
    I've formated my pc in last 2 weeks like 10 times and i still have this problem
    Tryed different gpu drivers (i have the last one now).

I dont know what to do more, i paid 450€ for that gpu and im totally disappointed, my experience with 5700XT + Drivers was horrible.

Should i RMA it?

My hope was to make an exchange for another model..

Whats your opinion?

Thanks
    (Sorry about my english)

Attached Files:

2. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Try reseating your GPU, while making sure PCIe is running in proper x16 3.0 mode (as indicated in GPU--Z).

What was your previous GPU? Can you do some diagnostical hardware swapping with a friend, or even in PC/repair shop?

Short of that, and if you're certain that the rest of your PC is good, and if 5700XT was your latest hw change - RMA the fuker.

Might wanna call/email your shop in advance.

3. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    What is your CPU voltage.
    Do you have in bios set PCIE gen3 or gen4(void this) enabled for your PCIE GPU slot? Should be first slot as I am looking on your board picture. Make sure it is Gen3.

But most important - did u check your power options plan? Like this:
    OFC any plan you are using, set this thing off.

Attached Files:

4. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Try different Chipset drivers.
    Then try some other GPU driver.

It may be related to Chipset ImhO.

patteSatan likes this.

5. sidi0us

sidi0us Active Member

GPU:
    Intel HD4000
    Hi, I have the same card with a ryzen 3600, same issues as well, I was having dxgi crashes even on firefox. It started with 20H2 after some cumulative update.
    I've completely fixed them by making sure no gamebar.exe, gamebarft.exe and gamingservices.exe are present in task manager at all times, also I've disabled GameBarPresenceWriter, It only shows when you launch a game. Good luck.

6. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    I have the same card. Ok, what you need to do is put the switch located on the GPU itself on quiet mode, then reinstall the drivers and it will be fixed. The Overclocking feature is just a gimmick and you don't see any difference in game, only benchmark scores.

Restart windows into safe mode.
    Use Display Driver uninstaller to uninstall the GPU drivers.
    Turn off your PC
    Open your case and locate the little switch on the GPU, take it off OC mode. Close it back up
    turn your computer back on and I recommend installing drivers 20.11.1 restart and you will have no problems.

I know how you feel mate the same issues did my effing head in for two months before I realised.

I was using a 3600 up until a few days ago. Ok I'm going to boast I just dropped a 5800X in there and woohoo it is fast.

7. joaoameixa88

GPU:
    5700XT
    Hello, thanks for the replys.

Well, i tryed different voltages for cpu.

I was using pbo enable with offset voltage -0.500 and everything was total stable in last 3 months.

Like i said i disable all settings at bios (using full default) with auto voltage cpu and nothing work.

I tried too PCIE GEN 3 at bios and its the same (i dont have pcie gen 4 at bios)

Tryed 1usmus power plan and crash too.

---

I was using 20H2 with last amd drivers.

Now im using 20H2 with 20.11.2 and yesterday i got 4 crashs with them.

Today i dont have any crash, this is frustrating because it can happen 10 times in one single day, or it can be stable 1/2 days.

Give u a nice example, i did a run of furmark for 20/30 min to test the gpu, everything was ok, temps perfect (max 60ºc), then i close furmark, open chrome and it crash...

Other day i tested OCCT, more 30/40min full stress test CPU+MEM+GPU, full stable with normal tems, close the programa, 2/3 min then it crashed at iddle...

Im waiting now for new drivers from AMD

8. Hypernaut

Hypernaut Master Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Red Devil
    Follow my previous instructions. You do know you have a little micro switch actually on the Red Devil card right? There are two modes OC and cool. flip it onto cool. But you must reinstall the drivers and use the set I reccomended.

9. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
  10. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Forgot to mention, I made pc for one bud, it was 3700x, b450tomahawk, 3200c14 mems, and sapphire pulse 5700xt. I was at his house like 3 times, to get crap together (mostly memory issue, too hard oc from my side) but other than that, he never reported any issue GFX specific.
    Lucky bastard.
    On the other hand, my son's pc, sapphire nitro+, 8700k suffered sometimes alt-tab problems. But...it was driver specific, some worked flawlessly, some not, so he just used best, no problematic driver to the time.
    Already sold his card, in current situation it went for 710e, while my purchase price was 460-480e...
    So, maybe your card is just faulty/do not like MB...

11. joaoameixa88

GPU:
    5700XT
    I think i found the cause of all my problems...

AIDA64, i was using it for last 2 weeks (when i start with problems) , i was using the sensor panel at desktop to control all the temps/fans/clocks/voltages.

Today i desactivated it and i didnt have a single crash for 10 hours...

I cant believe that this little thing was causing me all this problems... jesus christ.

OnnA likes this.
  12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    That's the entirety of your disbelief?

Not the fact that you did 10(ten) reformats while happily continuing to use 3rd party crap?

Why even bother with reformat if you're just going to reinstall all your crap right away?

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Aida64 ain't crap, its almost unheard of for it to cause any crashing anywhere without there being other software involved causing mutex collisions.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Except we just heard it. Hopefully that's it.

It doesn't matter if AIDA was the safest, most robust program ever.
    Troubleshooting with reformat/reinstall means narrowing down the source of instability by using a bare minimum set of drivers, applications and startup programs.

Installing any 3rd party app introduces additional possible point of failure therefore defeating the whole purpose of reformat.

hello? anyone not new to internets here? :D

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    FTR, that was hyperbole(mostly). :D

I can cite several cases of Aida64 hanging the system (System timer access Post 1709) or combining poorly with certain mainboard censors (Asus EC bus).

But it is few and far between for it to hang hardware this way except in cases of mixing utilities, in this case i suspect its AMD's own card management features colliding with the aida software (Fiery would be interested in hearing about it i'm sure).

16. joaoameixa88

GPU:
    5700XT
    I think its confirmed...

The problem was AIDA64!

2 days without 1 single crash.

Yeh, i never expected that 1 program like AIDA could cause all this problems.

I really dont know what was the cause, but i think it was the sensor panel that i was using at desktop with all information (voltage, temps, clocks).

After a lot of formats, 10 differents gpu drivers, +50 benchmarks + stress tests + memory tests in last 2 weeks, I even changed the thermal paste of cpu :rolleyes:

I was even considered sending the gpu to RMA....

Until i remember this, AIDA will never be installed in my PC.

Jesus.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  18. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    yeah.. debugging a problem like this shoul be mede this way:
    1) remove all overvolt/undervolt/underclock/overclock from every component
    2) remove xmp to be sure
    3) close any running program in background that it's not windows o gpu drivers itself: any! also rgb mainboard software

19. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    See this is where some of those "AMD driver issues" spring from Google will now add this to its search algorithm and at some point some numpty will quote this issue without reading to the end, simple rule of thumb I have come to understand over the years I have been messing with PCs, Random crashes are usually PSU, or Ram issues but always always remove any third party software and reset the Bios before starting down the troubleshooting route

20. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    ok, but a question should be: why there are crashes with some software that does not happen with nvidia drivers for exemple?