MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

No problem. PLLClockMonitoring in .cfg is your target.

Falkentyne likes this.
  2. Юрий Кузьменко

Юрий Кузьменко Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 /24G
    Hi, All
    Maybe somebody knows, will Afterburner support new sensors in RTX30xx cards about memory's temperature?
    In HWiNFO it's called "GPU Memory Junction Temprerature"

3. metalshark

metalshark Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 3090 Strix OC
    When using the voltage/frequency curves on ampere (3090) with 4.6.3 beta 2-5 (haven't tried prior version) it requires nudging a point up/down and re-applying to come into effect, with the settings after a reset often being 15-30MHz +/- from what's set for a given voltage. When it's -15/30MHz it's fine, but when it tries pushing by 30MHz extra on a given voltage there's obviously a crash. Nudging a value up/down by 1 and hitting apply again will then cause the curve to jump and show what it's really applied. Is this known behaviour? Have tried wiping the profiles/uninstalling/resetting and reinstalling to no avail. Without re-apply 1-2 times and nudging a value up/down (back to where it was) it never seems to accept the curve given. An overall voltage offset (instead of a curve) seems to work great though.

EDIT:
    Moved to here https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/curve-editor-jumping.436471/

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  4. Unwinder

This sensor is available in interal NV software available to manufacturers since day 1. But NV prefer to avoid exposing it to end users, so answer is no.

5. Unwinder

Use seach please and learn how GPU boost works. No need to bring it in this thread PLEASE, it is complete offtopic and it was discussed MANY times.

SatsuiNoHado likes this.
  6. Unwinder

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2021
    SatsuiNoHado, cowie, The1 and 2 others like this.
  7. Юрий Кузьменко

Юрий Кузьменко Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 /24G
    Thank's for reply.
    Interesting, how HWiNFO https://www.hwinfo.com/ shows the information from the sensor if it is internal only?

upload_2021-1-28_23-4-48.png

8. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    you misunderstand "internal" in conjunction with "prefer".

internal does not mean nobody can access it.
    and prefer does not mean nobody is allowed to show it.

What I understand is, unwinder complies to nv requests and does not implement it.

9. Unwinder

Internal = not intended to be available in public tools. It is and was available to any NV GPU manufacturer in NV developer tools, but making it available to end users (read it as noobs) did nothing but generated scary flows of news about "overheating" and "hardware flaws" from all sides.

Andy_K, Falkentyne and Dan Longman like this.
  10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its been a while since I used HWinfo, I grabbed it to help tweak my ram (Thermaltake 4000C19) and CPU (10700K).
    During my overclocking pursuits there were a few crashes and apps stopping and I ended up trying the 32bit version because the 64bit quit each time it loaded.
    And wow, the update rate on 32bit looks to be at least 4x faster!

Posting this as an fyi, I much prefer the 32bit because of this.

11. Unwinder

We were not planning to make RTSS 7.3.0 beta 10 and MSI AB 4.6.3 beta 5 available to everyone, but they are anyway walking in the net now with help of other sites who put links to this thread in news. So we'll move them to Guru3D download pages and news.
    And I'll repeat our request to other webmasters and newsmakers, monitoring this thread: PLEASE don't distribute the links to development betas (which are normally posted in this thread only) in news, if you don't see the same build hosted in downloads section here, at Guru3D. Doing so causes developmend builds to be downloaded massively, we normally put them to lower bandwidth servers and don't want development builds to be available to every singe user on the net. Thanks for understanding.

SatsuiNoHado, Andy_K and cowie like this.
  12. Unwinder

A few words about nearest development plans. Navi21 support was the last thing that delayed official launch of MSI AB 4.6.3 and RTSS 7.3.0. Sadly it took really long for MSI to provide me 6800XT sample this round due to insane GPU shortages, it arrived here just a couple weeks ago. But now all planned functionality is inside MSI AB, so we can expect final release of both MSI AB 4.6.3 and RTSS 7.3.0 really soon. Probably we'll wait a couple more weeks to collect possible bugs, fix them if any then release current betas as official versions. Stay tuned!

SatsuiNoHado, toyo, cowie and 2 others like this.
  13. Mumak

Mumak Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega
    I don't consider this GDDR6X Junction Temp revelation as harmful, on the contrary it has helped many users to determine why their cards were throttling for no apparent reason or that their thermal pads were not properly seated.
    It was a similar case with Navi when AMD exposed the Memory Junction temperature to users. It sorted out rather quickly with a clarification.
    Sorry for off-topic post.

14. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    I would like to know if for RTX30 gpus have been made changes with this new beta build or i can continue to use the one you posted days ago 16041

Thank you

15. Unwinder

Changes list between the builds is available just a few posts above.

16. Unwinder

Not harmful for end users, but definitively harmful for GPU vendor. I'd easily add it to my own software like RTSS, which is not owned by MSI, but adding it to AB is a no go.

SatsuiNoHado and Falkentyne like this.
  17. ZeroStrat

ZeroStrat Active Member

GPU:
    GPU
    I see what mean but why does AMD provide sensors like "Hotspot Temperature" that can go up to 110° (Radeon VII e.g.) and can therefore cause "scary flows of news about "overheating" and "hardware flaws" from all sides"?

I would like to integrate this sensor into CX. Btw, I've tested it on my RTX 3090 using FurMark. Max was 72°C. I was very relaxed. ^^

18. Unwinder

You’re rather new to GPU monitoring underground and didn’t follow the story since the beginning. AMD were in exactly the same boat and initially didn’t expose GPU hotspot sensor interface and yes, they also _asked_ the first software vendors who localized and accessed the sensor via direct SMU messages to -_avoid_ displaying it in software to avoid confusing/scaring users. The only reason why it recently became visible to ADL is AMD’s own fan curve control firmware implementation: it is driven by hotspot temperature rather than edge temperature so it was absolutely necessary to display linked temperature when they added fan curve GUI.

19. ZeroStrat

ZeroStrat Active Member

GPU:
    GPU
    Does that mean I'm now part of the GPU monitoring underground? Damn, sounds good! :D

Andy_K likes this.
  20. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT Hellhound
    Is there a chance to allow lower minimum fan speed with firmware controlled curve on Navi? The default 20% for my 5700 XT MSI Gaming are 970rpm. With soft power play tables, I can set 10% for 535rpm, which are still reliable with this card in terms of fans to always start spinning and correctly reported rpm sensor values.