GeForce 461.40 WHQL drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jan 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    BAR already is a single register with single index. Is it not? PCIe 3.0 spec specifically talks about it. You can have multiple indexes, but they are multiple BARs then. A single BAR can't have multiple indexes.

RBAR operates as follows:
    "The kernel mode driver, through a background process, resizes the size of accessible VRAM to the entire memory size of the graph. A process that is set has no impact on the image shown on the screen.

Once the amount of VRAM in the graph is determined, it is indicated how much can be accessible by the processor. Although everything will be accessible by the processor, the graphics is always kept the priority of use. To simplify access to the processor, a series of virtual addresses are generated for the CPU.

When the size is successfully modified, the kernel mode driver must expose a single memory segment called CPUvisible to the VRAM administrator. The VRAM administrator assigns the virtual addresses of the CPU directly in a range, the memory being accessible according to needs."

See, having RBAR vs having entire memory accessible via Above 4G decoding has the same effect if you are addressing the entire memory. As long as CPU is able to address 64bit BAR, we should not need to resize the BAR. All CPUs since Haswell have supported 64bit BAR. So I don't think there is any reason why RBAR is required, when 64bit BAR is available.

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the resizable bar bios feature allows the OS to reprogram the register, it is otherwise set at POST and not controllable previously.

the intel 4G decoding implementation implies resizability.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    See This

4. Daftshadow

Daftshadow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3080
    Previous driver 461.09 gave me bsod on Assassin's Creed Valhalla. I'm very hesitant to install this driver...

5. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Being "buggy" for you is not the same as being buggy for everyone.

NVCP has some issues but they are mainly down to loading a 1000 ready made game profiles which has always taken time to load but who here uses that feature anyway.

I've never used the actual game profiles part of the GUI ever so yea there's that. Nothing else in the CP gives me problems, not changing HZ or Res's as i have 3 Monitors hooked up all with different res's. 1.1080p 1.1440p and a 4k TV plus all of them are different hz's the TV is 60hz the 1440p is 144hz and the 1080p is 75hz.

Just played 2 hours of Rocket League and i must say this driver felt very smooth to me.

6. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio

Exactly. Which is what I was reading. So it may seem that for intel products this should ideally work with just above 4g decoding.

7. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Nope, I've never used those profiles either. The last time I can remember ever using profiles was from dual card setups if it never played right. If it did, I also never needed the profiles.

I'm so glad I never got dual cards again even from the marketing. It was more faff than having fun with games. Though, when it worked, it was fantastic but there were too many issues.

The next game patch usually always broke something. Then you'd get game developer blaming the graphics card developers and vice versa. Waiting a month or two on fixes. To then rinse and repeat fixing bugs and profiles.

8. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6900 XT
    might this be a fix for the random "lags/freezes" I've been experiencing with Edge lately? (scrolling down sites)

9. Algis

Algis Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Hello

I have ASUS DUAL RTX 3060 ti and dxdiag shows Dx feature level 12_1 not 12_2 (latest Windows insider build) also Nvidia Control panel System information shows Direct3D feature level 12_1 not 12_2. This means RTX 3060 ti not supports DX Feature level 12_2? I'm confused...

10. Krzyslaw

Krzyslaw Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080S SHUNT MOD
    You need insider driver 465.21 as you need higher wddm level

Algis likes this.

11. Algis

Algis Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Where to get insider driver 465.21???

12. Mikstar2020

Mikstar2020 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 3080 OC
    My Problem Solved with this Method from Manuel@NVIDIA:

Create the registry key mentioned in this URL to disable MPO and then reboot your PC. Then see if you are able to reproduce the flicker.
    https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1143652#c13

13. Algis

Algis Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    I installed driver 465.21 Nvidia Control panel System information still shows Feature level 12_1???

14. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    I'm wondering if this is the cause of my issue with apex on my 3080 on driver 457.51?Or is it just those drivers?
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/3...ex-once-twice-a-game-w-frametimegraph.436073/
    Had no issue on my 1080ti on driver 442.59 and I have no other explanation.

Mkb1969 even pinpointed the issue to being a driver issue when I gave him the Windows performance tool results.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  15. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Waiting for an official release for now i disabled hardware acceleration in ms edge for a temp fix. Not going to mess with regedit files.

16. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    good driver for me, rdr2 feels smoother with this one

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the thread does suggest it to be.

he did not, he posited that it could be but your latency spikes don't behave anywhere like neils and look like the game itself is holding onto thread 0 too long.

maybe @mbk1969 can make a utility so that users like @Witcher29 can take advantage of it.

Blackfyre and Mikstar2020 like this.
  18. CYP3ORG

CYP3ORG Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX 2060
    Can confirm that this registry edit alone fixed all HWAccel issues across the board, including YouTube.

Mikstar2020 likes this.
  19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    App with one big fat checkbox for disabling/enabling MPO, right?

20. Passo's

Passo's Member

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 XC Ultra
    I dont get it.

Need to create the key with a "5" value like that?
    [​IMG]

Mikstar2020 likes this.