GeForce 461.40 WHQL drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jan 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Former driver modder (Nforce remix, Azuen Prelude Remix, theres also an Xfi package i put up somewhere) and on occasion information compiler for bugs that spike in a difficult to narrow down but get widely reported.

Manuel has asked for the profile fix to be re-added for WoW for the time being for those affected.

I haven't have any issues at all with vulkan.

Do a clean install of the driver (not ddu, just clean)

My idea was for a windows theme aware remake of exactly the same nvcp with optimizations, dpi awareness and exposing a few more things that currently require secondary utilities (Ansel disable right in the nvcp yes plz)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  2. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3050
    I stopped upgrading after 456.71 . No issues. I'm also not playing any of the latest AAA "beta" releases either.

3. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    He's extremely arrogant, how can you claim he's helpful?

When people supply information regarding issues, he talks down to them like a piece of trash. I've seen his posting style in his profile towards others too. The only member on ignore as well!

Aldek likes this.
  4. CDJay

CDJay Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE SLI
    The issue there is that they need aibs to provide bios updates and supports for every range, model and variant. Apple have top to bottom integration a, no third party issues, and a fraction of the variants. I'd argue they should at least update any rtx series cards, mind.

5. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    this i can stand behind, this would be great

why cant one be arrogant and helpful? have you ever seen house m.d.? :D

6. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    @ManuelG
    I spend some time to check where that black screen issue on my system started (my screen is unable to wake up - I need to force restart my system).
    Last driver I found stable and issue free is 457.09, everything newer like 457.30 and later are unusable on my system (Lenovo Legion 7i laptop).
    However there is one exeption, 457.20 from Lenovo website - I found that one stable as well, but they're not GRD directly from NV.

So that issue is now few months old and it's still somewhere around, because I'm unable to work even with newest 461.40.
    I tried some solution like enabling/disabling G-Sync, HDR etc. but no luck :(

7. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Good to know, I have the motherboard BIOS setting enabled so now I just have to wait for the 3080 VBIOS?

8. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    I did a clean insþal in safe mode with ddu damn i even delited shader compilation folder from the game i give up but thanks.

9. craycray

craycray Member Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Thanks for replying Astyanax. I think I am still not getting it.

To what I understand, 256MB chunk size was not transfer size limit in itself, but an addressability (or window size) limit on PCIe 2.0 and below systems. So, you keep on addressing 256MB chunks and transferring 256MB at a time.

A PCIe device can have up to six 32bit BARs and two 64bit BARs as part of PCI Sig spec 3.0. And as we know a single 64 bit BAR is much bigger than the GPU memory available today. So, if my BAR is already 64Bit with 'Above 4G decoding enabled', why do I need to resize it to use all of it?

This was the whole point of having 64Bit BAR and above 4G decoding in PCIe 3.0 that we can address all of it in one go, and not in chunks of 256MB.

10. roadczar

roadczar Member

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Cyberpunk 2077 became stuttery mess with these. (for me)

11. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Restart your pc and try it again, same thing happened to me with control first load after updating i imagine the shader cache was updating or something. (i don't even clean install these days)

12. roadczar

roadczar Member

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Second restart seemed to help. Thanks.

DannyD likes this.
  13. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    Guys any change on Assassin's Creed Valhalla with these drivers?

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    BAR is the base address register,

the simplest way to say it is that a device without ReBar has multiple indexes of 256MB to make up the available mappable memory space.

Rebar makes it a single index of the total memory space and lets you transfer chunks up to the total vram.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

:rolleyes:
    People like this mix up their own insecurities with reality, I don't talk any differently to people than unwinder does for the most part, i expect users to find their own way or learn to do so and don't mind passing them the resources to do so, i won't lead them to a resolution or knowledge though as it just creates dependence and persists the ignorance that i've come to see on reddit and in the media (many dumbass youtubers)

People like neil want their issue fixed, but don't want to put in the effort to do so, and jump to being offended over being expected to make an effort to diagnose and maintain their own machine, if they don't feel up to it, then like i've said before, get rid of the PC and buy a console - its rather arrogant to take the position that a company will drop everything and look into an unproven situation without data or a widespread history of occurrence, which is happening here.

I can't find anything out of the normal for DPC or performance to even compile and forward on to Manuel and say "hey, heres a compiled list of people experiencing X issue that all have a 5090TI and AMDINTEL 15090XT" and I can assure people that nvidia qa/engineers still have pascal boards and notebooks still in their environments for regression testing.

16. TimmyP

TimmyP Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Just gonna add that Gigabyte added Resizable BAR support to their entire b450 line. Its not in the BIOS notes.

17. squallypoh

squallypoh Member Guru

GPU:
    asus rtx 4070 dual
    best driver for gtx 980 so far? my question is obviously targeted to the gtx 900 users.

18. geogan

geogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I was just spectating there in Fortnite today during a busy end round battle and the framerate just suddenly and for no reason dropped to about 5-7FPS from usual 60-70FPS for about 10 seconds - I was thinking if that happened while I was playing I would be dead.

I was running it in HDR with full raytracing on 1440P with DLSS Balanced mode. So not just happening on old GPUs

19. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    That used to happen with raytracing on, on cod.

20. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Ms edge flickering when adjusting the venster or stutters when moving the vensters is still there. I solved the problem by disabling hardware acceration in ms edge anyone else got similar issues with this ?