GeForce 461.40 WHQL drivers: download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Alberto_It, Jan 26, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Buccellati

Buccellati Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I really never understood the hate towards the nvcp. We all know the interface is old, so what? What will change operationally if/when it gets updated?
    You open it to mess with the settings for some hours, for a day or two, tops, close it and leave it alone for how long?
    As long as it serves for what it is supposed to do, display most driver settings and let you toggle them on and off, it's fine.

SyntaX, fleggy, MIXXX and 1 other person like this.
  2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I love the NVCPs simplicity, any reason to update from previous(not suffering any bugs) any uplift at all?

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nothing to do with the application of settings, it was literally a poorly made gpu accelerated UI that did some nasty crap with refreshing the interface near constantly.

I have listed a number of changes in the past that would make it work better on high dpi displays and faster population of the games list (sqlite database instead of encoded text based list)

anyone could fully replace the nvcp whenever they wanted though, that nobody has is evidence to how little care there is to change it.

DannyD likes this.
  4. Stylusss

Stylusss Member

GPU:
    Go to the G Sync panel and point 3 - turn ON.
    They broke something and now our TV does not support G Sync by default.

Killersjp likes this.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Nothing wrong NVCP imo I like the simplistiy of fact that it look like a "desktop" UI I absolutly hate the in our face huge buttons fade that start when MS decided to catter to touch/mobile and desktop at same time. . I defiantly dont like AMD current look for control panel. look like belongs on tablet or mobile device.

my only issue with NVCP is it is so slow startup some time navigating.

Same for MS event Viewer i have no issue iwth other then how slow it is loading info, the little tool @mbk1969 made? even load that info much faster

DannyD and mbk1969 like this.
  6. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI

I like it simple, but not small font, and list options, it would be nice make it bigger and easier to choose.

The thing about NVCPL it is buggy, esp when choosing resolution, it is so slow, much slower than using windows settings, and make all my monitors to blink, not like in windows settings, it is immediately and only the chosen monitor will blink for a smaller amount of time to change the resolution.

Anyone with multiple monitor has this issue?

7. shm0

shm0 Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT
    Hmm ...
    How much are the production costs of those cards? Less than 100 $?
    The production process is almost fully automated, isn't it?
    Well, I assume for the price point of those cards, you can expect some support and working drivers?
    Or does Jen-Hsun Huang waste all the profit on jay joe and hookers?

And if they could stop keeping the prices of last gen cards artificially high that would be great too

Last edited: Jan 27, 2021
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have mutilple monitor setup and have no such issue. it is slow I wont argue that

9. MIXXX

MIXXX Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3070ti GTX 8GB
    Yep,
    My kid had an AMD machine with the latest adrenaline drivers and that control panel had way too many options. Too many this and that tweaks, just too busy.
    I rather the Nvidia control panel, its simple and on my machine it opens up quick.
    It definitely does the job well.
    -PEACE

10. HedonismBot

HedonismBot Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Damn, just as I thought I could move forward with these I've also found that Nvidia Reflex games aren't capping their fps to 97 anymore (for a 100hz display). Seems to be a reported issue regarding the no longer working frame rate lock. I'll just settle back into the 460.97 driver again.

11. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    Anyone having whole PC crash with Vulkan games in Fullscreen mode without BSOD, logs and memory dumps? Have been happening with previous and this driver too. Examples would be Serious Sam Fusion 2017 (with Vulkan as API, of course) and Sekiro with DXVK. Both exhibit same symptoms. They can crash PC in the same spot only in Fullscreen mode, however if crashing spot is approached in Windowed mode then that spot gets fixed for Fullscreen mode for some reason. Some problem with creating cache?

12. marcolau

marcolau Member

GPU:
    gtx 980 4gb

in case you don't know windows 7 , 8.1 drivers are out too so i would appreciate if you to put the link for them too and not only those for the crappiest os in the world , thanks

13. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Good job nvidia Detroit became human is stil unstable and now it even crashes in the menu browsing the options. This is wat i can cal a job wel done.)

14. endlesstime

endlesstime Guest

GPU:
    GTX 2070
    Wondering which is the best nvidia drivers for GTX1070? The lastest ones seem to be laggy for Division 2 as it seems to be optimized for RTX series.

15. PPC

PPC Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    I too think that NVCPL design is as good as it needs to be, please dont change it to something "modern" and sluggish.

16. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    Not sure if he is an employee or just a big fan, but I think it is a good idea for an employee to be active on a forum and connect with the end users and hear from them.

Not to mention @Astyanax has been very helpful lots of the time and with too many likes, he got a like from me in my latest thread

17. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Thanks Stylusss. Ticking point 3 in the G Sync setting fixed it on the 48cx. How this mistake got through their testing is beyond me.

18. zit

zit Member

GPU:
    where download? version with G?
    For my MB it adden 16/09/2020 , not "last weekend" :)
    is that what i need?

19. magic09

magic09 Member

GPU:
    2080 Super
    Well Virtual desktop through my Quest appears smoother I also have a rift S and will benchmark a few things and post them. I have a Z390 RTX2080 and purchased it quite recently. I really hope Nvidia supports Bar on atleast all RTX cards(I even have read can go back to 9 or 10 series) considering these cards are still activly being produced and sold would be a huge mistake PR and customer service wise I believe. I hope they listen as the Apple approach of long term support and updates etc has proven them brilliant as the greedy short-sighted executive would say "gee we want them buying new phones every year or two so why the hell maintain support and update these products for 5-6-7 years after launch(Iphone 5) because it actually raises the intangible value and perceived worth in ways not easy to do and financially more than pays for itself because in turn Apple can charge huge mark-ups and people will pay. Nvidia would be wise to follow that lesson and update and support their brand and its product line as long as is technically feasible.

20. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    how is your idle temps with new cards and 144hz+ monitors?