GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 20, 2021.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Maybe because its a hotfix.

2. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Update on the DPC Latency issues comparing the drivers below....

461.06 and 461.33 - High Latency : Sound Popping/Cracking

hmmm.jpg

VS 432.00 ( Low Latency ) No Issues

432.jpg

VS 460.79 (Low Latency ) No Issues

46079.jpg

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    moaka likes this.
  3. pawel

pawel Guest

GPU:
    3060 ti / 8gb
    Yes, that is also my guess.. thanks :)

4. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    Again - issues with black screen on my Legion 7i.
    It could happen before login screen or after waking up from sleep - this issue is persisted from 457.xx drivers so it's not a recent case.
    At the moment I consider 457.20 (from Lenovo website) to be latest stable, issue-free drivers for me, or I could use earlier branches like 456.xx etc.

5. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Isn't 540/608/545 still a bit on the high side a little, no? and have you heard any crackles and pops with the ones in red?

6. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    But on 446.14 the game runs smooth maybe vulkan related issue i dont know but it was prety more stable back then.

PapaJohn likes this.
  7. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    No issues since reverting back to 460.79, so something not right with the latest 461 drivers

8. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    It's a hotfix, so it won't show up in your precious gfe.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its normal to see that as a momentary spike across a device performance state change, he still needs to root cause the real issue in his system, its probably third party software that runs a kernel mode driver (Gputweak.....)

just about nobody else will replicate his issue and neither will Nvidia (they won't even investigate DPC issues that the user hasn't done any traces or reduced case testing)

HoWxCoRe likes this.
  10. BoxChevy

BoxChevy Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix OC 3090
    Detroit is stuttering for me as well and crashing

elite69 likes this.

11. kman

kman Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 tuf OC edition
    Not to mention the frame limiter by nvidia is not working as intended.(with certain games)
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforc...rametime-issues-with-latest-nvidia-drivers-o/
    For some reason the frametimes are erratic with the Nvidia frame limiter while the RTSS frame limiter is smooth.Issue started after driver 442.59 from what I can tell.

12. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3090 GTX
    Valhalla still crashing, even worst than before. I switched my 3090s around because I thought I was having a hardware issue. At least I know that isn't the case.

Netherwind likes this.
  13. ReaperXL2

ReaperXL2 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080ti Hybrid

@Astyanax, I am assuming you are quite knowlegable with regard to the issue under discussion here whereas I am not. However, I can replicate what @Neil79 has posted screens of right now. I have the latest Gpu Driver package installed (yes the whole thing unmolested), Windows fully updated (No insider build here) & latest Realtek audio driver fully supporting ALC 1150 codec (Rampage V extreme Mobo). Mobo chipset updated to latest, all hardware updated where neccessary.

Running foobar to check for audio irregularities whilst testing with Latency Mon.

My "nvlddmkm.sys" will spike from avg 349 up to 1400.xxxxxxxx after around 6 minutes or so. After several of these random spikes my system will completely lock up requiring a 'Hard Off'. On cold booting, a quick check of Event viewer reveals that my audio driver was not happy and was throwing red indicators but no 'Criticals', but a 'Critical' error occures at the same time. The Culprit? the Nvidia "nvlddmkm.sys". It throws a tantrum & the whole system locks, again indicated in event manager.

Now after much testing and observing, I have determined that when the Nvidia process spikes, the ridiculously high latency invoked causes severe stress for the audio driver hence its complaints (event viewer). Several of these and its had enough of that nonsense & buggers off home sulking.

Now, most of the time the 'Critical' points to the Nvidia process but on occasion it will point to the Realtek audio driver process. 2 things are consistent here. 1. The Nvidia process always spikes, never the audio driver or any other process for that matter. 2. When the Nvidia process spikes, the audio driver complains in Event viewer. Several minutes of this and the audio driver just gives up trying or the Nvidia process lags itself into last week. Either way the system hard locks (needs power cycle recovery).

Soooooo, I uninstalled the realtek using DDU, Cleaned the registry, removed realtek leftovers from appdata, documents & progdata, checked device manager (drivers gone), removed generic audio (MS) and rebooted. MS installed generic audio again on reboot (no sign of realtek on system).

Ran the test again with the same criteria and got the same behaviour (near identical) only now it was the MS generic audio driver complaining due to Nvidia process spikes. Again, after a few minutes of this nonsense the system gives up.

I have now downgraded the Gpu driver to 457.51, reinstalled Realtek audio (ALC 1150 codec supported) & am running the test again and have been for the last hour. At no point has "nvlddmkm.sys" spiked above 489. Audio has no complaints and I have experienced zero system hangs in the test period.

In my humble opinion Nvidia "nvlddmkm.sys" does have an issue in the latest hotfix driver. I also had this same behaviour in the previous driver that it is supposed to be fixing.

*** Edit ***

Forgot to mention that whilst running all the tests, I have 'Ultimate Performance' power plan activated & selected to negate any possible influence from system power state changes. Does not affect GPU directly as that is governed by vBios clock triggers and power states. It does affect the PCIE though overriding the link state power management & disabling it to prevent PCIE power throttling the GPU.

Your thoughts my friend?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    Neil79 likes this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    that isn't what neil is seeing, and your case is typical of a irrecoverable pcie errors.

there is no dpc issue with this driver on machines that aren't succumbing to borderline failure or kernel driver incompatibility, confirm your warranty status with evga, you're going to need it soon.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  15. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
    Today will be available the new game ready driver for RTX30 laptops and the game that will come out in the next days.

So let's stop with the comments

ReaperXL2 likes this.

16. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Thank god im not the only one with that issue. Im on a gtx 1060 6gb

17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    You mean - THE MEDIUM game?

This week yes, nvidia rep have confirmed it. Dunno about the branch.

18. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Any chance of @ManuelG looking into this?

Thanks for you reply, I've gone over to try this on my 980 GTX and can confirm very high DPC rates as well with the latest 461.09 and 461.33 drivers, again noting sound popping and crackling in both Warzone and other gaming related software. I went did a DDU, went back to 460.79 and same as before the latency is much much lower, with no crackling and no DPC complaints. So that's both the RTX 2070 and GTX 980 suffering from high DPC Latency and sound popping/crackling issues with the latest drivers ( Both Intel systems, both windows 10 ). I even went ahead and updated network drivers with Nvidia HDMI sound disabled to see if that'd fix it, but no. The only change to fix is downgrading the drivers back to the 460's or beyond.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Manuel will not look into any dpc reports without the required tracing and investigation of your own hardware taking place.

Put some effort in to reporting your issue or drop your pc out a window and buy an xbox.

artina90 and HonoredShadow like this.
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Agreed. Getting a nvlddmkm error every hour or so.