GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 461.33

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Warkratos, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Yeah, did some actual testing earlier today and played some Valhalla with 4G/RBAR on and off in bios. Zero detectable difference in benchmarks or gaming. Gonna set it and forget it.

(Then again I did not test Vulkan like @SalamatiQus did.)

2. IceVip

IceVip Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Liquid X
    premiere's lockup is fixed if anyone's wondering

3. SalamatiQus

SalamatiQus Active Member

GPU:
    4090 Windforce
    More digging indeed reveals this is indeed an AMD issue, apparently it is not related to graphics card (and driver) at all, only some motherboards (so far).

FR4GGL3 and tfam26 like this.
  4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    @ManuelG Sorry for the off topic question, but can you confirm if Optical Flow 2.0 is exclusive to Ampere? or are the improvements working with Turing too? Also is there any news as to when Optical Flow 3.0 will come? And if so, is it exclusive to the next architecture? or will those improvements be implemented on Ampere?

It's such a brilliant tool, and motion interpolation is very smooth, but artifacts are still plenty, I'm just wondering if there are future updates coming that will decrease the artifacts with motion interpolation or reduce them to unnoticeable levels.

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Is it indeed, indeed?

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Zens 4G decoding does something that Intels doesn't, causing vulkan to take a significant hit on the current nvidia driver, it'll get worked out at one of the ends by the time ReBar is ready.

Blackfyre and tfam26 like this.
  7. artina90

artina90 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    I just tested this on X299 with a 2080Ti in RDR2 vulkan.
    My motherboard has above 4G decoding available in the bios, resizable bar is not exposed in the bios.
    Over 3 benchmark runs averaged, the average fps is 1 fps higher with 4G decoding disabled, however the min fps value is 1 fps higher with 4G decoding enabled.
    It's within run to run variance, probably it does a whole lot of nothing right now.

8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I was taking the michael out of him using "indeed" twice in a sentence :D
    No harm meant tho, just a bit of fun.

SalamatiQus and tfam26 like this.
  9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Here we go :) I'm using G-sync/V-sync and have undervolted my card.

[​IMG]

10. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    I've had this 2070 RTX System running perfectly for a good few years now, but since updating to the latest Nvidia drivers things haven't been right. Performance wise no issues, but when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and at times Warzone, I keep getting popping and sound stutter!

The only change, upgrading to the latest 461.09 and 461.33

Here is a Latency check

hmmm.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no.
    identify the actual cause in your system(its not just the driver) and stop reposting the same thing over and over.

12. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Going back to previous driver what is the max execution time? And what are you using for audio output? HDMI? USB soundcard?

13. Neil79

Neil79 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 OC Super
    Asus Xonar DGX LOW Latency Drivers, same as before.. Sound card. NVIDA HDMI Sound Disabled.

Will try another driver soon

14. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    Detroit became human is stil unstable the last driver with no problems with that game for me was 446.14. It stutures alot.

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Stuttering=/=Instability.

16. Martin2603PL

Martin2603PL Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Detroit Became Human has pretty bad PC port, you people need to understand this already, just like Heavy Rain.
    They promote the game on PC with: "FULLY OPTIMIZED FOR PC",well that's a lie.

17. PapaJohn

PapaJohn Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 6700XT OC 12Gb
    Detroit doesn't stutter at all on my system, I only have a 3600 and a 1080ti. It's a demanding game that requires a fully stable system as it utilizes a fair bit of everything. I can put my 3600 down to 3.6Ghz, underclock the GPU and run my ram at only 2666 and it still runs fine. At 1080p, locked 60. 1440p a touch under and 4k 30-50's. Maybe try deleting the shadercache folder within the game's installation folder and let it rebuild the shaders, it may help?

18. pawel

pawel Guest

GPU:
    3060 ti / 8gb
    Why i didn't get the latest driver 461.33 through GeForce Experience driver section? Currently i am with driver version 461.09.

Alberto_It likes this.
  19. Alberto_It

Alberto_It Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI SUPRIM X 4090
  20. pawel

pawel Guest

GPU:
    3060 ti / 8gb
    Yeah, i know i can download it manually, but i want to know why, i can't download it through Geforce Experience? One of the features of that software is, to give you the latest Nvidia driver, which seems isn't happening..