Atomic Heart

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, May 10, 2018.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    WTF did I just watch ?

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    A mix of every game.

Repo Man likes this.
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    A truly awesome looking trailer for an awesome looking game.

Been keeping an eye on this for a while, and I can't wait.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    does look interesting will check reviews at some point.

7. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    Hmm, the latest video gives off a lot of Prey vibes (the new one). Although what's supposed to be the "next gen gameplay"? It's obviously played on a PC (judging from the fast camera movements, it's played with a mouse and keyboard). The gameplay looks pretty standard (not in a bad way). Nice visuals, though.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  8. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    It does look creative with the designs, I'll give it that.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Looks great, so glad they seemed to have either turn off or massively toned down the horrid motion blur they had in the original gameplay video.

EDIT:

he recommended specs are quite high tbh

• RECOMMENDED:
      • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7 3770 3.4GHz or AMD equivalent or better
      • Memory: 8 GB RAM
      • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 2070
      • Storage: 22 GB available space

10. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    They call it 'next-gen' gameplay. I mean it looks okay, but what's next gen about the gameplay?

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Character speaks almost only with F-words (in Russian).

angelgraves13 likes this.
  12. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    What's happening with this game? I'm keen.

13. paulonone

paulonone Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI

Skinner likes this.
  14. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    looks chaotic and confusing. following, see how it goes when released.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    lol the rtx trailer with non of the rtx.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    insp1re2600 likes this.

16. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I am so put off by this game, the changes they have made are just weird (but some good). The game just looks like it is going for style of substance, like the devs just did a huge amount of acid and decided to make a game or they just threw every idea they had at a wall and watched what stuck.... ALL OF THEM. The original trailer was horrendous, the amount of headbob, motion blur, dof, and CA just turned me way off as these seemed to be headache/seizure inducing. Now they seem to have massively toned this effects down, headbob is still way too much though. All they seem to have done is turned the games asset quality waaaaay up. The textures all look hyper resolution and clean which is a good thing but is anything going to be able to actually run this at a decent frame rate? Or are they going too pull a Ubisoft and have the released version of the game massively downgraded? Now they add in RTX features so say goodbye to your fps, that is if you actually get a playable fps in the first place.

I think this game would massively benefit from a demo, the combat looks clunky, and the A.I looks terrible. So from a gameplay perspective there is nothing new or interesting about it. It just looks like a glorified tech demo for the devs portfolio. Actually being able to play something that is so weird and wacky would greatly increase the chances of sales. I give it too them the game, from a looks department, is very unique. But there is only so much we can grasp from a trailer. Something this "out there" needs a demo.

Shataan and cerebus23 like this.
  17. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Or.. pre-order, if you want to.
    It's your money, do what you want with it. This idea that "pre-orders are killing gaming" are hilarious.
    A bad game will be a bad game, regardless of if you pre-order or buy on release. Same with a good game.

BUT... as for Atomic Heart.
    With all the reports of the troubled development, years with minimal to no comments or content. And what is shown is fleeting bits meant to make RTX look good...
    My interest in AH is all but dead.

Shataan and angelgraves13 like this.
  18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I've watched a couple of videos but it's too weird for me.

Shataan likes this.
  19. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Cyberpunk taught us all that lol

If you look at it this way, a game is shown off in a trailer. This is sometimes a prerendered trailer or an in game trailer. Most of the time these trailers never reflect the end product. Most are completely fake and made up to show what they THINK they can make, or what their visions are for that game. But they never tell you that. Its more akin to "this is the game, preorder now". Preorders is what drives a lot of these companies investments, as more preorders means their stock values go up because more people invest in the company. Preorders show a commitment by gamers to purchase a game on release day, the more these companies hype up a games release with trailers and marketing the more preorders they get the more investment they get.

This has also led to the creation of a standard edition, a deluxe edition, a super duper hyper ultra deluxe edition, and season passes and microtransactions. Now your into the realm of selling different versions of the same game for higher prices, increasing the individual price certain customers make. This further increases investment. Most of this investment should go into actually bringing those fake trailers and promises made by the devs to life. But instead they often go into big bonus's for CEO's. Leading to games releasing broken, unfinished, buggy, or completely different to their fake trailers.

It's like if Nike showed off a new blue pair of trainers/sneakers and they hype the crap out of them with huge marketing and tons of people preordering, driving up investment into the company. Instead of the company spending the money on materials, machining, etc to make the shoes they give most of that money back to investors and into huge bonus's and the customer ends up getting a watered down teal trainer/sneaker. In that world/industry people would be pissed, in the gaming industry its only really in the past few years begun to be talked about. Cyberpunk probably being the biggest one of them all.

It's moving slowly but surely away from this and into the era of "games as a service". Sure a game can sell 5 million or 10 million in its first day but games take time to make, sometimes multiple years. And a games shelf life is very short, sales normally drop off within the first month or so. So the inclusion of a reoccurring revenue stream is also what drives investments into these companies. Things such as microtransactions, season passes, DLC, seasons/leagues, in game events, cosmetics, in game currency systems, monthly subscriptions, etc, etc.

Sadly this is where things are going and its going to burst eventually. Just like it did in the 80's when Atari let anyone and everyone release cheap garbage. It could end up bringing a new video game crash. Sure this is extreme thinking but if the quality of games continues to fall a lot of people will wake up and stop playing.

Just watch this video, which you may have already seen. It shows how insane some of these trailers can be.. Remember A LOT of people preordered these games based off these trailers.

Says the guy with a FF avatar? :p

Airbud, coc and angelgraves13 like this.
  20. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    And is why I only pre-purchase from trusted companies I've followed for years.
    Studios that, I feel, have never steered me wrong or disappointed me.

Also why I don't trust trailers or marketing videos.

Your example of Ubisoft... does nothing for me. As they haven't offered a good game in a LONG time.
    The only things I want from them, are not going to happen (a single player Rainbow Six, a new Splinter Cell... that is NOT open world, or a third South Park).
    I get the reaction by people, and the hesitation to not pre-order.

And that's fine. People should do what they feel is right. But, that goes both ways. It's not my place to tell someone else how to spend their money, or when to buy a game.

Shataan likes this.