MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    Yup , for months .

Attached Files:

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Those who sit _for_months_ on pre-release OS builds can blame themselves, sorry. You should be ready to issues like that if you accept insider builds usage terms.

SatsuiNoHado likes this.
  3. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 ZOTAEA /1080Ti
    I do , since 2014 , bigger fish to fry .

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    fixing something for volatile code in the Dev/Fast channel and then having to fix it again when a subsequent change is made takes up valuable time spent working on other things, not to mention insider previews break plenty of games anyway.

the 1904x cumulative preview is 21h1 code thats locked down and simply waiting on an enablement package to turn the features on, over 1000 files were changed with the update including video decoders, the atmos decoder, diagnostics, COM, shell, and many more that i didn't commit to memory.

RodroG likes this.

5. Ohmer

Ohmer Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti DUKE OC
    I don't understand why this thread is in the MSI AB Forum, not the RTSS forum, has a really old Beta Build as the thread title, and is not even a Sticky.
    It's THE thread to visit for all the latest news/updates/troubleshooting info for RTSS. Pretty strange if you ask me, or even if you don't. =)

GSDragoon likes this.
  6. Unwinder

MS started distributing KB4598291 through update center so more systems will be affected. So I'll need to change release priorities and launch RTSS update before launching MSI AB beta with AMD 6x00 GPUs support. We'll upload RTSS 7.3.0 beta 10 with KB4598291 support shortly, stay tuned!

SatsuiNoHado, eGGroLLiO and dr_rus like this.
  7. Unwinder

RTSS 7.3.0 beta 10 Build 24311 is online, it includes the following changes:

- Improved 32-bit runtime disassembler provides better compatibility with 32-bit applications when stealth mode is enabled
    - Fixed crash on capturing screenshots in CP2077 when scRGB HDR mode is enabled
    - Added autoscaling option to graph properties in OverlayEditor plugin
    - Added Direct3D12 hooking support for Direct3D12 runtime changes introduced with KB4598291
    - Updated profiles list

Get it here:

https://download-eu2.guru3d.com/rtss/[Guru3D.com]-RTSSSetup730Beta10Build24311.rar

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    only for WSUS and Insider (Preview ring) users, afaik?

But I won't decline an update :cool:

9. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --
    I don't know if this was ask before. The EVGA 3090 ftw3 ultra had it own temps like 6 or so.is there anyway to get that to display on the overlay. I tried search but can't find it. Thanks for such a good program and putting on the time to support the community.sorry I think I put this in the wrong thread.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  10. dsyo2008

dsyo2008 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI
    - Added autoscaling option to graph properties in OverlayEditor plugin
    :)finally come

11. Unwinder

Doubt that it's what you need, according to your posts history. It autoscales graph range, it doesn't scale OSD and there won't be such things in future.

12. dsyo2008

dsyo2008 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 TI
    Okay, I thought the OSD would scale automatically, I got it, thank you, I have been following you, and I rarely reply.

13. Unwinder

Additional 1st/2nd generation iCX thermal sensors (10x0/20x0 series cards) are available via custom third party hardware database. I didn’t bother to add 30x0 iCX to db yet, to do it I’ll need assistance of such card owner. Post result of I2C bus scanning (MSIAfterburner.exe started with /i2cd command line switch).

14. DNB

DNB Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900 XT
    Did I miss a download link somewhere or are you still waiting to upload it?

15. Unwinder

I’ve sent to to Hilbert a few hours ago. He’ll upload it as soon as he can.

16. Unwinder

17. cap5lock

cap5lock Active Member

GPU:
    RTX™ 4070 Ventus 2X
    is there anyway to force vsync on using RTSS ?
    any cfg command to do that ?

18. johndough247

johndough247 Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080 8GB
    Good day @Unwinder and good job on the HotkeyHandler! I have a feature request that might add a bit more functionality to its usage:

I do mostly competitive online racing sims on triple monitor setup, as well as other typical games on single monitor. I create profiles for each flight/racing sim executable because for some of them RTSS hooks using different detection settings, and for some I have to vary between viewport or framebuffer, or X/Y position on screen varies depending on the HUD in each game. For most other games I just use the global profile. The current profile system has served me well, but with hotkey support I can now adjust FPS in-game which really helps when racing and I have a power outage. My computer is on battery backup, so when power goes I need as much battery time as possible to finish a race...reducing my FPS from 144 to 48 can reduce backup battery usage by as much as 50% which helps greatly. Here's my problem: There are only 4 programmable profile hotkeys and I need 2 hotkeys per game given the current profile system for hotkeys (1 hotkey to set FPS to 50, another hotkey to set FPS back to 144 or whatever profile FPS limit was originally set to). I am requesting one of the following to be considered:

Option 1: Implement a global "Power Saving" temporary limiter switch, that will limit FPS to a user defined value that's lower than the current FPS limit when ON, and restore FPS limit to original value when OFF. The user can then assign their own hotkey to this switch.
    Option 2: Allow HotkeyHandler to target several profiles using 1 programmable hotkey (maybe separate each entry with a comma or semicolon) so that only 2 of the 4 profile hotkeys are needed for custom FPS limit.
    Option 3: Create a group profile system, where you can select several exe. files for 1 profile...so that hotkeyhandler can target different games by just referring to that 1 profile.

Thanks for any consideration you could give to this situation.
    P.S. I did do a search in this thread, both using the search bar and manually.

19. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    --

that is all i get when i run the command
    i am on a amd 5900x and a gigabyte master x570 win10 20h2 xxxxx(746)
    please let me know if you need me to do anything else.
    at is a evga 3090 ftw3 ultra

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

put that crap in a spoiler block.

i don't think you're even using the right version of afterburner.

SatsuiNoHado likes this.