Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ninja750, Jan 21, 2021.

1. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Q2RTX seems to be playing ok, running through the levels no crash so far using Vulkan or Nvidia API / RTX or opengl renderer, resolution scaling on and off on previous 20.12.2 drivers and this one now 1.4.

You getting crashes with game or driver at startup? What settings you got enabled?

2021.01.22-12.43.png
    2021.01.22-12.51.jpg

Attached Files:

2. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    That screenshot provided is from the first level, which I have zero issues during {on any driver}. Did you play through the COMM CENTER map?

-- No settings make a difference in the game per the crash I encounter [as in, it happens every time that I fire at an enemy {consistently} -- first time -- in the map]. Tried every ingame option on and off, multiple resolutions, force limiting GPU clocks (incase the card is unstable), etc.

I may see about giving Linux a shot next for funsies.

EDIT: Crash example {COMM CENTER}-
    COMM CENTER.jpg

EDIT: There are also "new" {to 21.1.1} graphical defects seen during the explosions on the entry-map, reflected in the starter pistol. These did not show in earlier drivers.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  3. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Ok yeah base3 I will get a crash after about 40 seconds of loading, base1/2/train/bunk1 seem to be ok running through so far.

4. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    It seems to also be possible to crash the game in map 2 100% of the time {I can repeatedly do it}, specifically at the point that the nailgun is about to be picked up -- if you're close to an enemy in the first hallway and fire the shotgun. Though you can bypass this, long as you round the corner or don't use the shotgun till later.

20.12.2 and under don't have this issue. [with the second map]

Either way, drivers certainly don't support Quake II RTX. The game isn't playable sadly, no way to bypass the crash in map 3 unless you only use the blaster.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If the quake rtx is the game you want to play you should have gotten the rtx card.

6. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    Nah, I'll be patient and await fixes -- the burst in testing effort was due to the change log stating support, just like when Vulkan RT support was added. I would like to some-day be able to play through the game though, being that raytracing is an advertised feature of the hardware.

Effectively this is just bug-reporting, not protesting that raytracing is non-functional at this time.

JonasBeckman and Undying like this.
  7. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    Thanks!

Seems the Steam binary was built on Dec 10th, scratch buffer commit went in on Dec 22nd. From the discussions on forums and github, it looks like the new commits alleviated the issues for some -- not for others (unclear), yet I'll try compiling a build with them and see if I get any further.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    What happens if you uninstall the video card driver > restart into safe mode > use DDU to clean old traces of drivers > restart > install new driver > restart

All up and running here, although haven't tested any games yet.

[​IMG]

Montville likes this.
  9. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Try DXVK.

apple020997, Cryio, Jackalito and 2 others like this.
  10. PrEzi

PrEzi Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX MERC310 7900XTX
    Cannot confirm....
    All went fine, installed on top of older drivers.

Oh and I wanted to report that the issues with not only the Samsung G9 are fixed but also the C49RG90.... Seem these two monitors share a little bit of similarities.

Jackalito and Montville like this.

11. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT
    Yep, okay/thanks, fellows - I downloaded the latest DDU and all installed fine now

Attached Files:

A2Razor and KissSh0t like this.
  12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The game isn't that lengthy and if we're talking the earlier base maps here that's less than an hour into the game something that's easily repeatable so it's odd that AMD listed it when their own testing should have been hitting the same problem plus the Vanguard testers too assuming AMD has something of a program here at least so if Q2 RTX support is going to be a thing at least a part of the V-G team is going to be testing that game across a range of hardware.

EDIT: Not that Vanguard is bad or anything loosely testing and doing a bit of whatever getting metrics and other telemetry data, crash reports and such info helps but it's a bit random and who knows how these issues get filed and prioritized then.
    Think that's how some issues like the Samsung G9 one was identified it's tough to have all the hardware variants and such at hand so it helps with that.

Although for upcoming titles since the Vanguard team aren't AMD testers they can't have access to unreleased software and additional NDA's and what not that goes into that either.
    (Doesn't quite apply to Q2 RTX here but most early support of games would be internal stuff.)

13. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    Just did a self build of Q2RTX from the git master branch through Dec 23rd for further testing, which I have uploaded here. [for my fellow AMD Gurus]

Code:
    SHA1                                              Size  Name
    ---------------------------------------- -------------  ------------
    78289422D11206E1474174342B1163CB8010DA02    1001067851  build_0a16c73_Dec23_2020.zip

This one contains the scratch buffer adjustment, the pull from 'amd-fixes' on Dec 19th, etc. q2rtx_media and other required assets are already in there, just need the game-files. The Steam build is from Dec 10th, as is the build off NVidia's website, so this is slightly newer.

-- Sadly, even with the latest commits it still crashes at exactly the same spot.
    EDIT: 21.1.1 -- still crashes 100% of the time. 20.12.1 -- passes combined with the commits.

Though thankfully we had SpajdrEX (Vanguard) confirm that AMD is aware .. yet yes, it's odd that they would sign off the game as supported {patch notes wise} when aware of such an issue.

Jackalito and JonasBeckman like this.
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://admx.help/?Category=Windows...Installation::DeviceInstall_AllowAdminInstall

its this specifically, if you at any time used the tool to block a WU driver, and then performed a windows update, it can cause the setting to break by removing the version info for the blocked driver and result in blocking any driver.

Montville likes this.
  15. Montville

Montville Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 7900XT

16. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    BFV Bug on Vega still here?

17. Crisidelm

Crisidelm Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5700 DD Ultra
    Something similar happened to me yesterday; after giving the 21.1.1 a try, I went back to 20.4.2. Then I went to WU and saw, among other Microsoft updates, an AMD driver update (never seen that before). After installing them, Win10 asked to reboot, so I did and upon logging in I got a Blue Screen with a "reference by pointer" error. Rebooted, Win10 did its thing to self repair and I was able to log back in, but when I clicked the Radeon SW icon it gave me an error about a mismatch between driver and software; at that point I did a clean install of the 21.1.1 and everything now is back to normal.

18. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    can someone please report if the memory downclocking issue is fixed for 6800/6900 users with 144hz monitors yet? my mem clocks are stuck at full speed at idle while @ 144hz.

19. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    2021-01-22 04_37_10-Window.jpg

Spoke too soon on my assumption that building Quake II RTX had no impact on the crash. Check this out-
    Driver version 20.12.1 {tried downgrading again}, combined with the latest github commits {build used posted up higher in this thread}. Consistently pass the crash in the COMM CENTER. Yahoo!

-- Though, something is going on in 21.1.1 for sure, since there's graphical artifacts {missing polygons in reflections, and other weird stuff}, and it does still crash in the same spot. If I run build 1.4 {without the latest commits}, as distributed by Steam, I will also crash the moment that I kill that enemy as seen on the left {on any driver, of course}.

20. A2Razor

A2Razor Guest

GPU:
    6800XT, XFX Merc319
    EDIT: Disregard, see "The Creator"'s post ahead.

Attached Files: