NVIDIA Profile Inspector 2.4.0.4

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Mar 16, 2019.

1. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090Ti
    I get this error when I try to disable Ansel:
    error.jpg

2. joaomarcosribeiro

joaomarcosribeiro New Member

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 660
    Are you trying to change some specific profile, or the global? i get this error only when changing ansel settings on the global profile.

3. iGom

iGom Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX 980
    weird, I don't have this bug, but as far as I know disabling Ansel globally has no effect anymore,
    you have to disable individually for each game

tfam26 likes this.
  4. joaomarcosribeiro

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 660
    I'm still getting netframework error, even on older versions, uninstalled with ddu on safe mode, even installed older versions of the driver, but still get the error anyway.

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    search the forum

6. joaomarcosribeiro

GPU:
    nvidia gtx 660
  7. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

Yep, these are my findings too. Have not used NVPI for a few years and it threw back that exception error when I tried to disable it globally. Just go into the Ansel folder in your game install and delete the DLL. Worked for Deep Rock Galactic at least.

8. jorj02

jorj02 Member

GPU:
    8 gb ram
    [​IMG]

please someone give me the new offest of PS_FRAMERATE_MONITOR_CTRL_ID i cant play without the vsync optimal setting v2 i love the smoothing on it :(

9. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    you have to get back to an older driver to get it working again.. these are only the beginnings others will come by NaughtyVidia.. yeah nobody does it better

10. Mustang104

Mustang104 Member Guru

GPU:
    nVidia 3080 RTX
    Hi all, just a quick question - does Profile Inspector have any control over DSR? I'm hoping I can get it to work as the NVCP is giving me trouble.

I'm having a problem with the latest nVidia 461.51 Hotfix driver and the CustomDSRTool, it keeps telling me 'you need to activate DSR in controlpanel first!' even though it is set to 4.0x already with 33% smoothing (previous 461.40 worked fine with this tool)

If there is a solution or if I'm overlooking something please let me know, thanks :)

EDIT: I discovered what the issue was, the Custom DSR Tool was picking the Oculus Rift S headset upon launch instead of my main screen hence the message about no DSR active, all works fine now sorry for the fuss.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021

11. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    I downloaded 2.3.12 from github, and the title bar says 2.1.3.10 and 2017, whats going on?

Ok scrap that, after I closed and relaunched it is correct.

Is 2.3.0.13 ok for driver 45x?

12. Indy

Indy Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1060 AMP!
    'Enable Ansel' only allows the 'Enable_Ansel_On' setting, otherwise throws back an exception

13. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    Is there a fork or planned feature that allows adding a UWP executable easily in a profile? Nvidia is usually either really late, or never adds Game Pass versions of games.

kx11 likes this.
  14. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I agree, UWP can't be added with Profile inspector

15. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I add the executable that the Nvidia control panel finds when we press Add, extract it with Inspector, copy the exact string, extract the profile of the actual game, add the string, save and import again.

It's just a string parameter, the issue is listing the UWP apps in Inspector, and the larger issue is that Nvidia is doing a terrible job at it. Games Pass will only get bigger.

16. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I just did that, Nvidia inspector logged it and it can be found by clicking on the home icon little arrow in Inspector

17. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    You added a UWP executable via the Inspector GUI?

18. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090

Inspector did, i didn't

[​IMG]

19. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I'm not sure I understand :p

The issue is not that there is no profile for a UWP executable, it's that it's not matched to its actual game profile but created as a new one, so the driver doesn't engage any optimizations. Off the top of my head, Doom Eternal is like that (from the GamePass), for example.

I don't understand what you're showing in the picture, I believe you are showing that a UWP app was detected and has its own profile, but when it runs, does it use the correct Nier profile?

20. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    Thanks for your work, Nvidia Inspector is such an awesome tool -- it boggles my mind that enabling "Half-Refresh V-Sync" via the driver can't be done in the standard control panel without it also being the "adaptive" type -- don't get me wrong, on paper I like Adaptive v-sync as much as the next guy, but the issue is the adaptive v-sync type doesn't work in conjunction with the low lag v-sync trick in my tests/you get tearing constantly and have to cap to something closer to refresh rate/2 + 1 to avoid tearing.

Nvidia Inspector --> Half-Refresh V-Sync + something like an RTSS cap to the monitor refresh/2 - 0.01 (and maybe the ULLM mode -- not sure if it has any effect when reaching your fps limit though) has produced pretty solid results with a controller all things considered (I say with a controller since input isn't 1:1 like a mouse and I don't notice the latency quite as much personally). Anyway, all that to say I just wish Nvidia would add standard half-refresh rate v-sync to their panel.

RTSS scanline sync is also terrific, but on some of my older systems (my laptop for example), I don't have the overhead to consistently prevent tearing that way as the tear moves around quite a bit and all, but an awesome tool there nontheless. Had great results with it in DOOM 2016 to my recollection.

Smough likes this.