Looking for a Guru to view BSOD Dump files.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by kmufc77, Jan 17, 2021.

1. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section

So a brief explanation:

Ive been getting random event id 41 kernel power errors and the dreaded nvlddmkm errors resulting in BSOD. this has been ongoing for a few months. It looks like its Nvidia related

Things ive done:

Uninstalled GPU via device manager and deleted uninstalled drivers

Replaced Ram

Cleaned Nvidia drivers using DDU

Reseated GPU and Ram.

Disabled fast startup (apparently can cause this error)

Windows is updated to latest version.

AMD chipset drivers upto date.

Temperatures on both GPU/CPU well within TDP

Ive enabled crashdumps and have a few files which ive viewed, from what i can see the crash dump files all point to Nvidia drivers being the issue. Ive had these errors, crashes with several different Nvidia drivers though.

Im a little confused ive probably used around 7 different drivers versions and the errors persist

Ive only recently turned on crash dumps otherwise i would have had a few months worth.

Ive uploaded the crash dump files here : https://imgur.com/a/TZumOC7

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Have you tried a spare GPU?

Are you using XMP profile for memory?

Ram errors can cause that BSOD and driver crashes.
    I know you replaced the RAM but insufficient voltages elsewhere can cause the ram to error.

3. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    Hi,

I have not used a spare GPU.

Im running ram @ XMP Profile 1 @ 3600mhz which its advertised as. I'm running the ram @ default voltages though?
    Would it worth increasing ram voltage?
    Im running a CPU overclock as well. but i ran at default speeds and still get the errors?
    Ive also updated Bios with every new version, around 3 i think and still get errors

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20

5. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    Ok, ill turn off XMP and ill try the other tips thank you. The BSOD's are very random so it may take a few days:)

6. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    Ram ran with no errors. ive turned off XMP, ill wait a few days now and see what happens...

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    links to imgur are not "crash dump files"

8. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    they are screenshots of output from a program that is known for being wrong about the faulting module, and even if it weren't, are otherwise useless to anyone who would be willing to assist you with the issue.

10. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    Ok, you obviously know you stuff, can you help me then with my problem please?

11. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Have you tried moving the GPU to another PCI-E slot?

12. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    BlueScreenView

When you start BlueScreenView you’ll see that it will automatically identify where the minidumps are (if any) and the minidumps will be in the upper pane and the drivers involved in the crash will be listed in the lower pane.

[​IMG]

In the lower pane you’ll notice that some files will be highlighted in pink. Those files are the ones directly involved with the crash. All the other were loaded at that time, but Windows hasn’t identified them as part of the issue. If you double click on those files you’ll see more details:

[​IMG]

The same happens if you double click on the minidump itself in the upper pane:

[​IMG]

Please note the “Caused by” field that clearly states which drivers has caused the crash. Obviously we need to think that nay driver may fail not only because of a bug in its code, but it can fail because of a bug in the OS itself or in some other component’s code. This tool is very good in telling us which component has failed but this is the first step of troubleshooting. To be honest most of the times the identified culprit is the real one (a damaged file, a new driver, some test software installed). So we can restore a good copy of the file, or use a different version of the driver and the problem will disappear.

In the menu “Options” you can configure what to see in the lower pane:

All Drivers”: see the list of all drivers loaded during the crash;

Only Drivers found in stack”: display all the drivers involved in the crash;

DumpChk Output”: Displays the output of DumpChk (that is the Microsoft tool used to troubleshoot the dumps;

Blue Screen in XP Style”: display the BSOD in a similar way it appeared when it happened:

[​IMG]

The last function we are going to see is the function to export the crash dump file list in html format. In the “View” menu, you can see the option to export to HTML so you can choose to export the whole list or just the ones you’ve highlighted.

[​IMG]
    Author: Stefano Prenna

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    can you attach the mini dumps?

14. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    Thank you for the detailed reply

15. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    No, not yet.

16. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
  17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the nvidia exception bsods are of not much use to me as only nvidia has the symbols for their driver, the multimedia server bsod though occurs when binding a physical address and the argument suggests system memory corruption.

Agent-A01 is probably spot on with the cause.

18. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    Ok thanks for the time. ive turned off XMP now, and im just running at 3600mhz on its own. ill see what happens. The only thing left is different GPU & PCIE Slot. Fresh OS install. Increase Ram voltage. Ill give a week or so. as its very random and i should know within the week i reckon. Appreciate all the help in the thread from everyone. You might see me back soon.... :eek:

19. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    Just an update. Ive had no problems since turning off XMP :)