Wireless gaming mouse recommendation

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Olorin, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    Thanks for this post. Honestly I don't know any of the above. :) I have a fairly large hand, but not THAT big. Regarding mouse weight, have no idea what I like or should aim for. Or switches. etc.

Like I said, I'm no professional gamer and I'm sure they would obsess over these details. I'm just someone that wants something better than your bog standard desktop mouse, hence I thought the Corsair Katar would be nice. It looks good, gets fairly good reviews and isn't too expensive, plus it will work for right handers and left handers.

Definitely not wanting advice on a best mouse as that is probably wayyyyy too subjective, but rather if people have any experience with the mice that I'm looking at or within a similar price bracket. I get that anything in my price bracket isn't going to be world class, just looking for personal experience if possible.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Considering you're left handed, don't get the GPW superlight, get the regular one. The superlight has the magnets removed that allowed you to change side buttons their orientation. The regular one is already fairly light.

3. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    any recent logitech mouse

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    The Corsair Katar (PRO) wireless only has the two buttons on the right hand side and none on the left of the mouse. If your left handed it will be harder to use. Still possible though. I use both the left and right side buttons on mine.

5. Mandoscottie

Mandoscottie Member

GPU:
    1080ti FE
    hello all :)

I've always avoided wireless mice and with being a lefty my choices in general are limited.

Bagged a Razer Viper Ultimate with the charging dock and I have to say its light, quick and very responsive.
    Battery life is superb (up to 50 hours so far)

dongle fits into the charging dock and into bottom of the mouse
    you can add the usb cable from the dock, to make it a wired viper and charge while you use it also.
    polling rate is as good as any wired Razer.

Im so impressed I've retired my other wired razer mice, lancehead tournament edition wired and an old LH Deathadder.

Wireless Gaming Mouse - Razer Viper Ultimate

Picked it up over the holidays from Amazon, £99

6. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I've never used side buttons on a mouse ever. I'm serious. Not sure how it would benefit me.

7. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Yep, superb mouse, you got a great deal there at £99.

Mandoscottie likes this.
  8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    By default you can use the side buttons to go forwards and backwards on an Internet browser webpage.

Mandoscottie likes this.
  9. Mandoscottie

Mandoscottie Member

GPU:
    1080ti FE
    heheh yep, even more that it was 2x £50 Amazon gift vouchers I received from my employer :) so ultimately it cost me £0

its so light and accurate, great battery life too. A perfect true ambidextrous mouse, perfect if your a lefty.