Premium Z590 motherboards to become brutally expensive, one mobo even passes 1500 EUR

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Haha ok. And I bet even a z270 has almost the same amount of features. Screw intel and Asus.

2. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    upload_2021-1-15_14-11-7.png

ZXRaziel likes this.
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Atleast asus is honest about saying prices are going up. Other brands act oblivious.

tunejunky likes this.
  4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    this is sucker bait, halo bull-crap that will be obsolete in 6 months.

only a tacky oligarch's kid would buy this when LGA 1700 (clearly superior) is already in pre-production, past initial ES's, and having fab upgrades in place. it has already been announced 2H 2021, most likely Q3.

PrMinisterGR and Archvile82 like this.

5. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    the difference is that overpriced gpu's are a luxury. these industrial level VRMs and thick PCBs with copper traces are required if you want to OC Intel and these are OC'ing boards

6. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Z590 full PCIe Gen 4.0 support, internal USB 2x2, x8 DMI interconnect from CPU to Chipset [twice wider then on all previous motherboards]
    And many more features i dont remeber

7. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Seriously can this get any worse ?
    I always liked the high end good stuff and have payed big money in the past but this is just not justifiable , there is a line and I think that the prices of hardware are well past it now .
    Sadly as long as we pay these prices things will not change .

8. ZXRaziel

ZXRaziel Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    All I can see is waste of energy and resources , to generate profit .
    People in the future will look back at this generation as the generation of fools .

9. fredgml7

fredgml7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 7600
    Don't you know? The high price is a very important "feature" to some. :D

10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Hell and i thought the z490 were expensive!

11. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    What am i looking at?

Looks like someone bought a lot of cards and spread them out on a bed frame. lol

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Get the frack out here. are they all in competition to see who can charge the most. these price are driving me away from PC gaming and PC as whole, Consoles are looking better and better

13. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    These prices are insane especially for a chip that is going to be superceded later in the year which will yet again require another new chipset. Makes me wonder what the quality is like on the normal priced MBs.

14. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I was just on newegg and the average price for a 3090 was more than I paid for my whole new rig with a 3070 in it. I can gaurantee you after you spend four thousand dollars with these motherboards and a 3090 and the new cut down intel chips you still wont get more than 30 fps in any game than me.Is 30 fps worth $2000? lol

15. rdmetz

rdmetz Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 780 6GB SC
    This is what happens when people THINK they always need the best of the best and are ALWAYS going to have it.

They'll just keep letting themselves get milked for no other reason than they demand it.

Maybe now atleast SOME of those people will wake up and really focus on buying what they NEED and not just what's the "best".

I traded my +$500 board (from 2017 and like the most expensive that existed at that time from Asus) for a $299 board in 2020 (z490 unify).

With this upgrade I didn't have to spend anything out of pocket and once I REALLY took a hard look at what I needed I was quite happy with the "downgrade".

My 2017 system was about crazy full custom water cooling decked out in rgb but in 2020 I'm running a air cooled non rgb setup that blows it out of the water (and ultimately that's all I REALLY care about)

Now there's way less upkeep needed and temps / noise isn't anything majorly different.

I woke up and realized having "the best" wasn't a necessity to have a truly great high end gaming setup (like it used to be years back) and so much of the ultra high end is just overkill / unnecessary d&*# measuring.

My setup is killer and some of the best you can you could ask for in 2021 (10900k with big oc / 3080 with a very good one as well) and I was able to upgrade to it this year without spending a dime just letting the "need" for the absolute best go and focusing on what's important.

16. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Intel has the best PR and Marketing for AMD. Thank you Intel!

17. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    I get the impression that the industry has watched people buying very expensive graphiccards and then going "can we do the same with other stuff?".
    I for one will not contribute to this kind of madness.

18. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    No thank you.

19. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Sadly it is logical: when you see H410 and A520 at 99 Euro, when on last gen you have B360 and B450 for less (my B450 were around 50 Euro)...

20. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    How the hell can they justify this kind of price?!