MSI AB / RTSS development news thread

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 20, 2017.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Oh well.

A small bug (feature?) then: it seems like the screen / video capture indicator is appearing below the top most layer of the overlay, no matter where that layer is positioned. Is this as intended?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is intended to be that way to allow you to move own RTSS text (e.g. scanline sync info) or capture indicator in any desired position. Sample overlay contains special topmost layer called "Capture indicator placeholder".

Haldi and dr_rus like this.
  3. jpotts

jpotts Member

GPU:
    Anyone have any insight? Just want to make sure it's not something I'm doing wrong. :)

4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    @jpotts It was always like that for me also, so don't worry about it (with 2070SUPER, 3080).

5. jpotts

jpotts Member

GPU:
    I wanna say in AB 4.6.2, it seemed to work without issue, but this new method seems to clock things pretty high, which I assume is a result of the "no load" and "Results are considered unstable" messages.

6. Unwinder

And I wanna repeat again: PLEASE DO NOT use this thread for RTFM styled questions, which can be adressed by yourself using magic search button.

7. Dreamic

Dreamic Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 TUF OC
    Am I correct that there is no way to perserve and shift an OC Scanner Curve up/down? Shift + LClick drag resets OC Scanner Curve to regular offset OC, "+Xmhz" instead of "Curve".
    Would be nice if we could just bring the OC Scanner Curve down instead of just abandoning it altogether if it's unstable.
    I wish this was a feature I could get somewhere, there should be flexibility with the OC Scanner Curve if it's just a bit too high, or if someone thinks they could raise it higher.

The Curve it creates I think is useful, but not being the judge of how high or low it thinks it should be. I need to lower mine, so I guess I have to go back to just a regular offset.

8. realghostvids

realghostvids Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 SUPER 8GB
    I started messing around with the new overlay editor and I've sometimes noticed that the OSD will update every two seconds instead of one. FPS and frametime data seems to update properly no matter what. All data is coming from RTSS except for CPU temperature, which is coming from MSI Afterburner.

I'm also having a slight issue with graph layering where 'graph' and 'diagram' graphs are always on top no matter what. Here's a screenshot of a solid black box in the topmost layer with the graphs still being on top.
    [​IMG]

I'm using the latest MSI Afterburner and RTSS betas (4.6.3 Beta 4 and 7.3.0 Beta 9 respectively).

9. Unwinder

Learn GPU Boost key principles, you're misunderstanding it. You're never adjusting absolutle clock, you're adjusting _OFFSETS_ and base clock curve is not supposed to be static by design of NVIDIA, it changes, change and will change depending on thermal environment. And it is reflected in the context help too.

Dan Longman likes this.
  10. Unwinder

11. Dreamic

Dreamic Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 TUF OC
    I don't know what I'm misunderstanding, OC Scanner creates a Curve of varying offsets, in my case +75mhz at the top end and +165mhz at the low end, all I'm saying is I wish I could drag the whole curve down but I can't. If I Shift + LClick the top end +75mhz and bring it down to +50mhz, the +165mhz low end will also now be just +50mhz (instead of +140mhz as I would like, lowering all the OC Scanner Curve points by -25mhz), just a regular +50mhz across the board for every point on the graph now. You lose the OC Scanner Curve, can't adjust it higher or lower. That's its only usefulness in my opinion, it's obviously not good as a stability test or finding completely stable settings.

I guess I can try lowering every single point on the OC Scanner Curve manually by -25mhz.
    I'm basically just asking for a shortcut, a Shift + LClick that doesn't set every frequency point to the same +Xmhz, but that would adjust them by +/-Xmhz from where they already are.
    So if I could Shift + LClick and drag a point up +25mhz, if it was +100 at the low end +50 at the top end, it would now be +125 and +75 including all the points in between e.g. if one of the points is +75mhz its now +100mhz etc etc

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  12. Unwinder

Alt + drag does that for ages, use search please. And I ask one more time to avoid using this thread for "how do I" styled questions. It is NOT intended for that and I don't know how many times do I neeed to repeat it over, over and over again.

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    came across a D3D8 regression with game "Impossible Creatures"

With any hooking enabled, game shows a small dialog with "please wait" as the only thing written into it,
    with hooking disabled (or DGvoodoo D3D8 applied) game immediately goes to the Microsoft Studio's fmv and continues onward to main menu.

Looks like its been an issue since 2016, but I'm the only one that made the connection so far.

14. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    Holy crap, Impossible Creatures still runs? on windows 10? I loved that game! Even broke the CD by accident and Microsoft sent me a new one via Mail when i told my problem on the phone. That was customer support!

Well... no need to hurry on that one -.-
    there are currently arround 120 6800XT Cards in the whole country. They are so sold out, after a waiting queue of 500 they've been taken out of the shop -.-
    But... my friend got a Sapphire nitro+ lying around here... so i'll give it a try if it isn't sold until then.

15. terry_bogard_sv

terry_bogard_sv Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 6800 16GB
    I have just upgraded to a Nitro+ 6800, so any updates on RTSS will be welcome xD

16. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    After installing KB4598291, RTSS say it couldnt hook dx12.

17. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    nothing to do with the kb patch, just exit and start it again.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  18. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    or something else maybe driver hotfix.

I restarted and restarted, and still does it.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  20. Unwinder

Confirmed, seems like MS moved implementation of ID3D12CommandQueue from d3d12.dll to d3d12core.dll in new OS builds, so different module needs to be hooked. I'll implement support for it after releasing beta for AMD 6x00 GPU family.

Shabadoo, eGGroLLiO, Haldi and 5 others like this.