Corsair Brings iCUE lighting control to ASUS motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2020.

1. GuruBjörn

GuruBjörn Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Vega 64
  2. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    latest releases (2-3 including this one) broke anything strip related
    both an RGB strip and the LS100 monitor stip kit are broken half the leds in line after the 1st color cease to respond and stay stuck with the same color or are turned off
    I noticed that with the LS100 1st but when I tried to modify my rgbs trip today after this update 2/3 segments turned black and don't respond anymore
    if I quit icue app everything lights up again
    they broke something in the commands of led strips for sure at least in my setup fans, water block and reservoir/pump combo work fine
    will revert to old versions and update

edit 1 : user tip if you have corsair rgb memory go to settings and enable disable several times if necessary the "full software control" have your task manager open and watch the corsair cpu usage, the goal is to have it off, you can't really leave it on, I suggets making "showcase profiles with it and only use them to show off but not every day

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Hi, im using an Asus x570 Prime pro and bog standard rgb lighting strips connected to aura ports 1 and 2....most of the time they work fine although they do not sync with the boards onboard lighting which i might add does sync with my Corsair H115i platinum and my Dominator platinum 3600 ddr4 but occasionally by luck the color cycle link does match between my board, ram,cooler and strip lights, one thing i have noticed is that when i play the division2 the lighting uses the games lighting profile except for the ram which needs to have full control turned on....why, since they allowed the aura sync to run ive had icue lockups, some times just browsing the web with google chrome but most of the the time when MPC-HC x64 media player classic is running, I think Asus and Corsair have some headbanging to do to fix the issues.

My led strips are supposed to be Asus Aura compatible but i dont understand why the colors wont sync the same color as every thing else, currently i run colour shift linked profile as the rainbow link wont play ball with my h115`s pump rgb....occasionally the led`s go in to spasm mode

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Corsair Dominator 3600 platinum still giving error

5. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I've given up with Asus. Armoury Crate, Lightsync, and the new beta app are all bloody awful. Even uninstalling it leaves trash all over your PC.
    Save yourself the hassle, go in to BIOS and disable Aura.

iCUE CPU usage for me is 5% and 10% when I had Aura installed.
    Install iCUE, set hardware lighting, uninstall. See ya.

I went back to iLink (0.1% CPU usage) and I can still control my water pump.

6. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I get 3.5% on my ryzen7 3800x, you only need to install asus aura....you dont need to run it, also if you check the corsair forum you`ll find out that running other aura apps with icue is not recommenced, my aura has only locked up once since the new 28.75 update, enabling full lighting control on my Corsair Dominator platinum 3600 has not cause high cpu....currently idle at 1.4% with icue open but they do seem to have moved it to gpu usage now but is showing zero impact on gpu speed or temps.... a step in the correct direction at least

7. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    I wasn't running it, that was with it just installed.

8. anub1s18

anub1s18 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX2070S /WC
    yea i've generally given up on rgb software, also the thing to really look for on zen 2 processors is what the voltage does. asus's rgb service running min 0.9 v, corsair icue running 1.3v min 1.4v avg, razer synapse with all it's modules also 1.3-1.4v.

i've since slapped on a fresh windows and i run only razer synapse without chroma studio, and use openRGB to set my rgb to a color and call it a day. result is idling down to 0.3v and lower which it just never ever did with asus's lighting service running, corsairs lighting service running or whatever razer chroma studio add's running (i've still also got steam, spotify, aquasuite, msi afterburner and norton av running and those seem to not cause the cpu to go crazy).

another thing is cores now actually going to sleep at idle i might have 1-3 core's running at a low speed/voltage and 9 core's napping, this is what i wanted my cpu to do but it was unable to thx to rgb software : /

not sure why but it treats most of them as if it were a gaming load or something.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    ARGB is the buggiest thing in my new build. I'm using AURA, but it's pretty barebones and leaves much to be desired. I seem to recall iCUE being worse.

The software can't do some of the basic things I assumed I could do with ARGB. Like save lighting profiles. If I create a custom Seahawks multicolor lighting scheme, I cannot save it. If I want to slowly transition from a single color to another color, it won't do that. (software seems to have that functionality, but it doesn't work). Stuff like that. Plus, when my PC is "off" or sleeping, parts of the ARGB on my motherboard continue to light up.

With iCUE I seem to recall having crazy CPU usage.

Let's not forget delving into all the proprietary fun of matching up ARGB components that play nice together.

Now, I just change my single color every once in awhile. It's better than my old rig's single, always-on color, but ARGB is not as cool as I'd hoped it would be. Being addressable is basically pointless versus standard RGB.

10. anub1s18

anub1s18 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX2070S /WC
    ow EKWB is making me so sad with all there new stuff being A-rgb, my A-RGB cpu block did not work well with my asus board from day 1, and it only got worse ended up swapping it's A-RGB ring for a regular old RGB one (thankfully there was also a RGB version).
    with the mobo RGB on my X570 Strix-E since bios 2606 my onboard LED crap actually turns off like it's set in the bios, before that it to went rogue usually setting them to red or rgb puke >.> but yea i also got suckered in to thinking ow this will give me more options, instead it ignored all my requests, did what it wanted to do, and eventually of the 24 LED's 3 lit up in the color i set it to rest were dark...victory?. i am so worried if a thing is A-RGB cause i can work around regular rgb being janky, not so much with A-RGB

11. BadDriver

BadDriver Guest

GPU:
    STRIX-GTX1070-8G
    Software version must be 3.36.125

12. larsiano

larsiano Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC
    Software version must be 3.36.125 < confirmed!

13. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    So to be clear this is used at the same time as Asus's own software right?

14. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    I have never been able to get icue to work with Aura on my Maximus x Hero. Don’t know if I’m doing something wrong. I installed Aura with icue not running, then turned on icue and motherboard doesn’t show up. On a positive I can now adjust the GeForce logo on my RTX 3090 and now set a fan curve. The last update made it possible to change colours or turn off the LED on the horizontal side of the card near the fan

15. I_Eat_You_Alive

I_Eat_You_Alive Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 10GB
    You still have to install the beta module for the ASUS Aura function into iCUE. I have not had it work yet with just installing Aura and iCUE only. The module is available in the download section still; you just have to dig for it.

16. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    The ARGB connections (x2) on my X570 Strix board have decided to give me a strobe light effect (or go all red). It strobes the lights so fast that I thought it was going to burn out the fan lighting so I disconnected the ARGB leads at the board. (Turning it off in bios and in Aura (or) Armory Crate software didn't stop the seizure inducing light spasms) My motherboard ARGB and ram ARGB still light up and work properly though.

The lighting was acting funny prior to my bios update but it went completely haywire afterwards. Thing is, that bios update is what finally got my Soundblaster Z to quit channel-swapping.

I've tried all the usual fixes.... I'm just giving up on full ARGB for now. Troubleshooting it just makes my brain hurt.

17. Killersjp

Killersjp Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090 FE
    Hi I Eat You Alive. Do you know what this beta module is called. I have no idea what I’m even looking for in the download sections. Thanks.

18. misticx

misticx New Member

GPU:
    Asus 1080TI Strix
    As soon as i installed newer version of iCUE it started to crash, utter garbage, now im back on the old one.

19. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    talking about v4.10.273

I lasted less than 5 hours with this poo poo, it's the typical "someone doesn't have anything to do at Corsair so decided to ruin something that worked" and I'm sure is happy with his "work" :confused:

- it's much heavier than the 3.x version it made me lose 20fps in borderlands 3 benchmark you basically can't have this running or it will destroy your scores and makes it impossible to know how your system performs I lost 14'000 3dmark wildlife score omg from 96k to 82k "awesome" :mad:
    - they had the "great" idea to remove the choice to enable or disable full software control on the rgb memory which is the main ressource hog on icue, I only had to disable it to benchmark with 3.x to make icue have a minimal impact but with 4.x you have to quit the app every time since you cannot use the "hardware setting" while the app runs
    - the interface is "looks over use" awful you have to click 3x more to do the same thing, everything is hidden in "animated" submenus which don't remember which menus you were in
    - new icons everywhere but awful to read or set up

uninstalled horrible and I'm a guy with full on corsair rgb stuff

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I had some odd issues with the Lock button on my Corsair K65 RGB keyboard not working which happened because iCUE v4.10 was not loading with Windows (even though I had the option enabled in the settings).

The new version 4.11.274, which I downloaded last night, thankfully fixes that and iCUE is back to loading with Windows 10 Pro (21H1 by the way).