So if your a normal user and hate GPU mining,get over it.Try this

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by bobnewels, Jan 10, 2021.

1. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Go do some mining and get a free GPU down the road. Use online PC gaming service and any GPU miner and start earning some cash for your next GPU and you can still play some PC games.

Took a quick video mining with Nicehash and playing Cyberpunk 2077 on Gforce now.

Still getting 80Mh's - 90Mh's while running the game. Normal is 95Mh's-100Mh's .

Using shadowplay with performance overlay on drops hash rate to 60Mh's -65Mhs.

RTX 3080 GPU set to 70% power limit
    -500 Core
    +1000 Memory

Valken likes this.
  2. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    Would be good if it would work with rx580 too, i mean that it's efficient as profitable, and also run games well (lower end ones)

3. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    So, is that at all low settings at 720p?

4. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Ray Tracing Ultra/Psycho Setting but only 1080P ,with Gforce now.

5. Mda400

Mda400 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti 3GHz/24GHz
    Not the same as gaming on your own computer. Plus crypto is volatile and unregulated.

6. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    OK what is your actual point.

Are you saying do not use online PC gaming services and Crypto is volatile and unregulated.So do not mine crypto or buy crypto because it is useless.

AND by unregulated do you mean the USA. I bet some are regulated by government .

My free Computer gear disagrees.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  7. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    There are those of us who don't worry about computer costs and just want to buy a video card with reasonable ease.
    Some folk's power is rather expensive, or maybe they don't have space for a computer belching heat and/or noise into a small apartment, etc.
    It's definitely not for everyone.

When people say unregulated, it generally means little oversight by a / any governing body(or bodies), and also that where the coins are stored is not an FDIC-insured bank (that means, if it's not FDIC insured, the stuff you put in the 'bank' where your coins are stored will generally not be covered if it is victim to a hack or similar means to withdrawal without permission what you've amassed/earned).

I sunk almost a 6 figure amount into AMD back when it was under 2$ a share many years ago before Ryzen launched when I first heard wind of it, and invested in TSMC a while back when I heard they might be switching from GloFo. So if you know how to invest in stock, you'll be much better able to handle and grow your money, and make your money work for you whilst never having to 'spend' it. With the market as volatile as it's been, and with a little care and a lot of discipline, you'll be able to sit pretty without all the heat and noise, and high power bill.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    Kevin Mauro, insp1re2600 and Valken like this.
  8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    @bobnewels Tutorial? Link to market rate index for Nicehash?

@bobblunderton Everyone I know who put money into AMD in the last few years came out REALLY happy. Sure, Apple, Nvidia, Intel did well but it was like betting on Silver while watching Gold go up. WIN WIN all the way.

Everyone who is stuck financially and worried about their future should learn to put that mattress money into the market now. Banks only profit OFF their clients, not for their clients.

bobblunderton likes this.
  9. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
  10. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Can anyone ever tell my why you'd get ( generate ) money by solving an increasingly difficult mathematical riddle? I really don't understand the economical value of bitcoin. It doesn't produce anything nor offer a service.

11. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Ain`t miners guilty for skyrocketed prices for videocards?

12. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    Yes they are .. b*tards

Dragam1337 and Clawedge like this.
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I dont really get it either seeing it "digital" only and supposedly "untraceable" if it is digital it is tracable just like it can be hacked no such thing imo as "untracable" or "unhackable" if it digital and part of internet, difficulty yes, impossible no

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

I want to invest in AMD back 10+ years before ryzen was glimmer, IF i actual did and by this I mean if I actual had money to do so I would made pretty penny.

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    You hate mining? Do it yourself.
    What advice. Wisdom check natural 1?

Dragam1337 likes this.

16. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    Yes, agree 65536%, and have more to add:
    I know quite a few people who invested in AMD when I told them to, yes, they're super-duper happy. Someone who didn't like me invested in intel to spite my character and... well, you see where that went. Was one of those 'priceless' moments.
    I have everything in my estate that could be liquified and stuffed into the market, stuffed into the market for YEARS now. People can't figure out why I live like a poor person and have an 18 year old Corolla (no loan, bought w/cash), but I'd rather they not know at all and think I am poor (too many folks get real friendly when they know you have cash, I am sure this is anything but alien to you).
    So to the rest of the folks...
    So yes, while I could make a few hundred or even a grand or two a year in profit by investing 10,000$ (I am just pulling somewhat ballpark numbers up for sake of argument), the income becomes less as months go on due to ease of more folks mining with new cards and the nature of said duty, there's no promise it's going to get worse or better to do such a thing and is more volatile than real estate and a majority of current stock market investment opportunities...
    Besides, I don't want to play administrator in my home (I actually despise that, set it and forget it for-the-win), or go through all that trouble even just trying to acquire all the hardware to do it and never-mind finding how to pile it all up without the whole thing imploding when it's powered on. Not when I can just simply transfer some money into a company about to release a new sought-after product and sit back and play a game for the rest of the day.
    Why chance it? There's far too many variables/unknowns/etc.
    I invested in AMD at 1.65$ and 1.93$ stock respectively, with the Lion's share of the cash going into it at the lower of the two numbers. I also took some money and stuck it on Taiwan Semi-Conductor when I heard GloFo wasn't going to stay in the running for the next chips. Now I have a lot of other stocks but it's beyond the scope of this discussion as not all are tech stocks (diversify stock portfolio to sleep better and all that), but it all comes back to:
    "Some folks work, and work hard for their money, to which I respect them - but others know enough of how to make their money work for them"
    When I last checked the other day (end of last week), the AMD stock was sitting at around 90$. That's loosely around 45~55 times what I invested at. Now someone's going to tell me that mining can beat that in around 5 years (or a little more) time?
    Not even remotely close. Work smarter, not harder.

Valken likes this.
  17. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Myeah, I'm abandoning this post.

18. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    LOL yeah...

If you hate mining and can't find decently priced 3080, just buy one and start mining yourself :D

Dragam1337 and fantaskarsef like this.
  19. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    +1.

The old adage about 'if it seems to good to be true..."

Shady business, has to be more to it than solving some math problem.

Probably hacking and cracking.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no, they were just an easy scapegoat by unintelligent consumers.