Photo Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Xtreme motherboard Emerges

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I think it is safe to say that next week we'll see some Z590 announcements, the chipset that Intel would like you to pair with Rocket Lake processors. The very first premium motherboard froM Gigabyut...

Photo Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Xtreme motherboard Emerges

tunejunky likes this.
  2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    So clean looking!

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Gigabyte boards are just lovely.

GeniusPr0, tunejunky and DannyD like this.
  4. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    It would be extra+ lovely if they would release new bios on time , wouldn't be ?

Undying likes this.

5. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    the bios and software arent though!

Undying likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    True they are kinda late compared to competition but its there, patience. Hardware wise gigabyte makes the best boards.

7. ViperAnaf

ViperAnaf Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3080 OC
    Gigabyte got great hardware but the worst bios/profiles.. Get an Asus.

insp1re2600 likes this.
  8. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Biggest annoyance is how lagged the bios is when csm is off.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    lagged how?

10. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    They NEED to stop making second PCIe slots x8 and split it to two x4.
    No one uses 2 GPUs these days but more x4 slots is great and actually needed: Optane Card/SSD Card all use x4, Capture card also x4, U.2 adapter x4 10G LAN also x4
    There is much more use for single x8 Gen 4 for GPU + x3 x4 slots for accessories then x8/x8/x4 like its now

I was building home server and ASUS was the only one with similar setup on not very expensive board [ROG STRIX Z490-H GAMING], x8/x4/x4 from CPU + x2/x1 from chipset [the x2 is in x4 sized slot, enough for 10g lan]
    On AMD side of thing, NO ONE made anything like that except MSI, their Godlike has x8/x4/x4 + x4 + x3 M.2 but external 10G card and only 6 USB ports
    But MSI Creator is the best choice if you want many device and 10G lan, it comes with 10G build in so you save a slot, it has INSANE amount of USBs, 14 on the back or more + x4 USB 3.0 for front panel + USB c for front panel and plus x4 USB 2.0 for back panel if you need any
    It has x8/x8+x4 [the second x8 supports PCIe bifubrication in bios, so if you have an adapter you can connect 2 devices into it, it comes with x2 M.2 and + 2 more m.2 in expander card for second PCIe slot thats why it has bifubrication
    and it has 4 Gen 2.0 x1 slots, you can add many small things like Sound card, usb cards, x2 slot SATA cards and other misc crap

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Not something I've noticed myself but it is something I have read a lot about.
    Either the options delay from what you pick and select and how that applies (Takes a while for the settings to open or scrolling through various settings or choices.) or the mouse cursor is dragging which either or both of these work far more responsively with CSM enabled supposedly.

EDIT: Also this was something I was under impression Gigabyte had resolved with some of the later bios updates at least for the AMD boards if it's the same on Intel I would think it's much the same there and that should have been investigated and resolved by this point.

EDIT: Curious too how the UEFI code at least for some boards or manufacturers handle these fancy mice with higher than normal polling rates flashed directly on the on-board memory along with DPI at least for pointer issues, potentially higher poll rates for keyboards on some models is also possible to flash and then you have USB 2.0 or 3.0 / 3.1 Gen whatever as further factors.

I'm at 250Hz myself with the Microsoft Intellipoint 5 whatever the new one was called again.
    500 could work but wouldn't really be all that beneficial, full on 1000 just has certain drawbacks I would want to avoid.
    (And which I should have learned more about much sooner than these last few years, was interesting at least so I learned something new there.)

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  12. Falkentyne

Falkentyne Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970 Ghz Ed.
    I could have sworn you could split the x8 lanes on the Z490 Aorus Master into x4/x4 if you wanted. I could have sworn it was in the BIOS. what was it called..Birutification or something weird like that?

13. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    gorgeous

but for suckers
    the next gen is LGA 1700 coming out in summer

14. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Bifurcation.
    But that's mainly for M.2 expander cards, card with 2 M.2 or 4M.2
    If you want to connect anything else, there are no retail products for that, but I found an ebay guy that makes such card and has splitters for any possible configuration.I ordered a card that plugs into x8 slot, and has m.2 on its side and PCIe x4 on top and the side of it is if you get Short Bracketed PCIe card [In my case Optane card, it has long and short bracket] you can screw it all into normal PC
    The only "legal" mainstream way to split PCIe [if the Bios has Bifurcation options] is to buy these cards that have SPF connectors you know for U.2, they have them with 2 connectors so thats x4 + x4 or 4 connectors x4 + x4 + x4 +x4
    And on the other side of this cable you can buy one that has U.2 connector, or M.2 plate or in china on aliexpress they even make one that plugs into real PCIe x4 slot, so you can connect any x4 device
    But its messy, each x4 uses cable and you need to pay for everything separately, the card, the cables with go for 15-20USD each, the adapters

15. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

no, they don't.

16. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    Of course they do.