Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Quite enjoying it. Sure a few bugs here and there, but doesnt get in the way of my fun. I wonder how it will turn out a year from now when most of the bugs addressed and possible new content added to it.

Passus and Dragam1337 like this.
  2. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Only rtx buyers are gonna vote GOTY for this POS anyway. Many people overpaid gpus just for this title. They still believe.

jbscotchman likes this.
  3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    It really is one of the worst video game releases in history. It's bad, really bad.

WTF was CDProjekt doing for the last 4 years?

itpro likes this.
  4. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Yet at the same time, if people don't express how they feel the product they paid for was not what was advertised, and CDPR (or any company) is not held to account, then there will be carte blanche and the results will be considerably worse for all future products. If they can get away with this, and there is no backlash, why wouldn't they just do it again and again? Companies live and die by their customers. Believe it or not, but the 'drama queens' have CDPRs best interests at heart. If no one complained, CDPR would be in a heck of lot more trouble -- because no one would care, and their products would fade to insignificance. It would signify their time has passed.

The only way change happens is to call out s-hit when s-hit happens, and do your best to hold individuals or companies to account for their actions. To do otherwise means you'll just get more of the same. Yes, we as consumers can influence these behemoth companies, because in the end they need us to open our wallets. So they adapt, and meet the needs of their customers (which includes -- you know -- a complete fu-cking game that isn't a total fu-cking mess) or they go out of business.

So actually, I think we need more drama queens -- because the alternative is much much worse.

Gandul likes this.

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    No. CDProjekt hyped this game up and failed on so many levels. I will never buy one of their games on day one again.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
    itpro likes this.
  6. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    :) hey, thanks man - probably gonna post some feedback on the diff between the ps4 and ps5...
    Darn reading this bums me out as I've still had the game sitting around since I hadn't gone to playing it past the character creation page and an hour or so of gameplay ... I'm sorry to hear that.

itpro likes this.
  7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Ignore what he says...

Passus likes this.
  8. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I think a 6/10 is reasonable. As I've said before - the game is good, but far from being the next leap in gaming as some were lead to believe.

9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Here the same. I played less than an hour after character creation only. I ain't gonna launch it again for the foreseeable future.

Kevin Mauro likes this.
  10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    5 is average 6 would be above average while saying the game is "awful".

the "awful" is your expectations of the game self created or marketing created. and your numerical score does not show awful. which should be in the 3 or 4 range on a 1 to 10 scale.

Netherwind, Dragam1337 and Passus like this.

11. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The game is weird for me if I had to give it a score. There's a lot of content in there, plenty of stuff to do, nice environment, etc. But then you look at the bugs and the general state and you're torn between giving it a good score or an abysmal one. It definitely fell short of expectations, but when it works it's still a lot better than some games out there.

12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Who gave the game a 6 while also calling it 'awful'?

13. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    I think giving it a 6 in current state is adequate, after all of the fixes and content additions, in long term it may get somewhere up to 8 or 9 at the very best but it will never be 10/10 and that's that.

Personally i knew what to expect and the 3 weeks delay between game going "gold" and actual release was already a stinker if you knew that smell but what we got in the end is well... You can see what they were going for but for one thing that was well executed, another one was just as badly broken.

In the end if you go to a theater for a serious and somewhat expensive spectacle and every 3rd actor on scene comes out badly dressed (or straight out doesn't have any pants/underwear) and frequently forget their lines, then your chair breaks down and you sit on ground to watch the rest of it purely out of morbid curiosity then it's not exactly the show you signed up to experience, having read the script for the spectacle beforehand or having seen the announcements.

jbscotchman likes this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yea, ignore my feedback as a gamer
    Lol, yea ignore a guy who has been gaming for 30 years. You trying to tell me my opinion is not valid?

Gandul likes this.
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    One wouldnt have thought it, when reading your comments.

The only one who is at fault for having unrealistic expectations, and as a result being disapointed, is yourself. The game is very fun, and while there are bugs, the game is very much playable.

Passus likes this.

16. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Do you work at CDProjekt? Trying to blame the end user for a game that failed to deliver is pretty procreating stupid.

17. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Of the two youtuber's vids that have been posted on pointing out shortcomings and glitches, the only thing I can identify with are the shortcomings. I believe their are only a few core glitches that everyone will encounter. The vast majority of the glitches, of my over 150hours of game play, have not been experienced. Empty streets have all of a sudden been populated with people and cars in front of my eyes but the reverse has never happened. Coming up on an npc in the middle of a gunfight, they literally will not care they are getting shot by you. The second they are killed, the rest of the group are now focusing on you. Brainless driving AI...no more needs to be said. That said, dialog wise, why during the whole playthrough that I did not for a single moment care about not being detected and killing all in sight, all of a sudden be given an option saying that I would prefer not having to flatline anyone. The take away is that the vast changes that this game went through, not all the remnants from the past iterations were accounted for. They did a great job at accounting for the ones they wanted to account for and left the rest to showcase what the game was initially. I believe it is more of childlike tantrum that caused the vast rewrites when talent left during the production phase. We were lied to only to the point that they did not come out and say that what is coming to fruition is not what was previously revealed or originally envisioned.

The vids that have been posted though have done a very good job at pointing out that even though the game in still fun to play, we were mislead and lied to as to what the game was to be like. There can be no disputing that. I have seen all possible endings for my playthrough and like the latest vid pointed out, the outcomes only became determinable when progression advanced to that rooftop Misty leads your character to. All the previous gameplay only has an impact on the phone video messages left while the credits scroll. Regarding the impact on the phone messages that play at the end, the only influence is not in how the missions were carried out but only in that they were completed by the time one finished the main story arch. So even though the game was fun to play, we were lied to; plain and simple.

jbscotchman likes this.
  18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It has bugs, yes, but in what way does the game fail to deliver? I have played the game for about 150 hours now, and am still having a great time.

19. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    When I hear people spent 100+ hours at this mediocrity, like it is Skyrim, Witcher 3 or anything, I want badly to stop calling myself a gamer. I lose both self-esteem and face in society.

jbscotchman likes this.
  20. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yea, its this bad.