Nvidia GeForce Driver Version 461.09 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by EdKiefer, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Jen1

Jen1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1080 2x SLI
    The fact that NVIDIA are still copying the module/library/plugin _nvtopps.dll as universal although it is only supported by few series even though I have reported twice in 2 forums make me wonder what else (could be even a code) is specific to few models and copied universal to all cards.

Question about HDR? according to windows HDR shows brighter colors, but when I enable it is much dimmer, in fact i used HDR in night cause it is dimmer ;), is that normal?

About telemetry? Can NVIDIA make it optional, cause I doubt that the data I am sending are used by NVIDIA to fix issues, and I think it should optional and not forced by NVIDIA

2. Volteron

Volteron Master Guru

GPU:
    2080ti sli
    Whats happened to the world of warcraft flickering issue, did they fix it or no?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  3. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    ManuelG.
    Any news on AC Valhalla improvements. So far behind AMD at the moment?

Gandul likes this.
  4. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    im not talking about max frame rate option under nvcpl B.I ..! but talking about "Frame Rate Limiter Mode" under 2.Sync and Refresh section in nvidia inspector.. i cant set it to any other value for ex "Limiter V2 - Force Off [Enables Limiter V1 (Less Input Lag)]" ..

now are you get it B.I ..! ?
    if not S.T.F.U..!

5. HedonismBot

HedonismBot Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Bit of a strange one, but have just tested this against a much earlier driver and it seems this latest one causes issues with Microsoft Word? No matter what document I use, I have issues on 461.09. Quickest way of triggering said issues is to try and move the microsoft word window around the screen, causing hitching and black flashing in the program.

Anyone else available to quickly check if this is happening to them too?

Cheerpipe likes this.
  6. Gazebo

Gazebo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070
    Just had the same issue.

Not a BSOD (no minidump was saved by windows). Just at one moment screen went black, and monitor went into power saving. PC appeared to continue to work normally.

7. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I hope at some point it's enabled for at least Zen 2 and Nvidia GPUs before the 3000 series (RTX series, maybe the 10 series would be nice). Not sure why it couldn't be unless they intentionally lock it to the newest stuff to push more sales

-__-

Hardware Unboxed tested the feature and though some games see little difference, it basically never hurt anything and "some" games saw major performance improvements, especially with respect to the 1% lows (like Borderlands 3). It's honestly mind boggling that the whole SAM thing hasn't already been addressed quite sometime ago.

tfam26 likes this.
  8. BlindBison

BlindBison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070
    I remember this game crashing like crazy til I rolled back my driver and that was quite sometime ago -- not sure why, but eventually I just gave up on playing it on newer drivers.

9. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Not seeing this on Office Pro Plus 2019 using a 1080Ti.
    No matter how many word documents I have open.

10. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Yes, it appears that only the v3 frame limiter option is still active in the code. Perhaps they thought it was appropriate to trim away some of the code bloat that happens over time as older functions get replaced with better versions. Did you find some real advantage to using V1, or V2 over the current V3?

11. HedonismBot

HedonismBot Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Thanks for the reply, I have an RTX 2080ti so that may be why it doesn't affect you. Will be interested to know if it is just this card or all rtx cards.

12. Schmiddi

Schmiddi Member

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF OC
    When do they fix thiiiiiiiiis....

• [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere/Turing GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. [200667566]

Cheerpipe likes this.
  13. NEP6XSBW

NEP6XSBW Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Not normal at all.

What display are you using? And if you are using an HDMI 2.0 connection, have you made sure to set YCC422 and 10 or 12 bit color depth in the Nvidia Control Panel?

Jen1 likes this.
  14. SatsuiNoHado

SatsuiNoHado Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    there are bad plans ready behind the curtains by NaughtyVidia... i already made up my mind about my next setup will be an AMD CPU/GPU combination..

15. mikolaj612

mikolaj612 Member

GPU:
    RTX2060
    On my system 457.30 and .20 (from Lenovo) are the last that worked without issue.
    Anything newer gave my black screen / or black screen after switchinf from / to HDR.
    It's must be NV related, because older drivers are working without any issues.

16. Andrewtst

Andrewtst Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4090
    HDR is always dimmer than SDR, this is same to TV also.

For example.
    • For Monitor LG 34GN850 & 27GL850, I set brightness 100% at monitor as I switch on HDR in Windows but if without turn on HDR, it is way too bright and 70% is enough. This 100% brightness is the monitor brightness setting not the Windows 10 HDR/SDR Brightness Balance, for this I left it default by Windows which is 40%.
    • For TV LG C9, when watching movie in HDR mode, OLED Light always need 100%, but when movie in SDR mode, OLED Light 80% is enough. This is not related to PC, I just give example on how HDR behave.

Jen1 likes this.
  17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Ok thanks :)

18. Cheerpipe

Cheerpipe Guest

GPU:
    2X HD48702 1GB CF
    Same here, Chromium Edge flickers a lot especially on scroll and windows resize. Rolling back to 460.89.
    Also using a 3090.

I also have problems with Word. Same black flickering issue when i move o resize a Word window. No problems with 460.89.

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/n...ownload-discussion.436105/page-3#post-5875160

DirectX 12 optimisations are client side, by the game developer.

Don't see this, Word 2016. / Edge Chromium

let me guess

Freesync monitors?

icue running?

I have seen a claim that ReBAR works all the way back to Kepler (on linux)

nobody cares, out dated/redundant code gets removed by both vendors at their own discretion.

20. Cheerpipe

Cheerpipe Guest

GPU:
    2X HD48702 1GB CF
    GSync monitor.