Acer Unveils Several New High Refresh Rate Gaming Monitors

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    The 32 one look quite neat .

HH , typo at resolution or it that true resolultion . if so .... it will be really sharp !

3. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I am in the market for a new 1440p monitor so this one looks nice. Though would prefer 30-32inch than 27. I assume this is also with hdmi 2.1? 275hz is a tad overkill but nice to know it can go that higher for older games or e sport titles

4. vukk

vukk New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra
    You can get a 1440p 32" high refreshrate IPS monitor right now if you want, you have two choices, ASUS PG329Q or Acer XB323U GP both uses the same panel from au optronics. The main difference is that the Asus monitor has variable overdrive function and it has also ELMB-sync blur reduction mode, which allows you to benefit from the strobing backlight option to improve motion clarity in games, but at the same time as using G-sync/FreeSync, but the displayport is only v1.2 so 144hz and above the color space is limited to 8 bit while the panel itself is capable of 10 bit. The Acer lacks both variable overdrive and ELMB-sync, but it has a v1.4 displayport therefore it isnt limited to 8 bit above 120hz. I just bought the Asus PG329Q about a month ago and i`m really satisfied.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    These prices have officially reached insanity for what they are. We're talking about a small screen using a technology that hasn't fundamentally changed in... realistically you could argue over 2 decades. You might as well buy a full blown OLED TV if your budget is "whatever I feel like" at this point, it's no longer the age of "TVs add 4 years of input lag". Yes there are 240Hz OLED TVs unless my memory is borked, and having true blacks for a real HDR experience is something no monitor out today delivers aside from the half an OLED one out.

Ricepudding likes this.
  6. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yeah, this monitor is dated and old. Not what I am looking for. having to use DP 1.2 limits it and basically makes it similar to my current monitor.

Don't care about overdrive personally, I think it's terrible tech that normally makes colors, ghosting or something worse. Rather have a nice panel that is 3-5ms out the box, if it goes lower with overdrive fine, but not something I care about. The same with ELMB not that bothered about, but most likely due to the fact I don't care about overdrive or having insanely low latency, not a pro gamer so not something that is required or needed.

It is a nice monitor, and fairly decently priced, but it is also very limited, which most likely explains the cost. right now display port is behind, with hdmi 2.1 taking the front for the first time in a long while it is currently what I am after a 200+hz ips 1440p monitor that is between 27-32 inchs with HDR 600, and although the monitor you listed fits a few boxes its the HZ i care more about as I already own a 144hz monitor. Also based on the video you sent me the HDR on this seems to be pretty meh and has some issues. Have a similar issue with the G7

7. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Think this may also partly be due to lack of competition, though Samsung and LG have both entered the race recently, so I do hope this pushes prices down. TV Tech is insane when you take into account the OS, panel size and other features, I have the LG C9 and honestly if it wasn't an OLED i'd use it as my daily driver. But Burn in is a B*tch so not done that, IPS i think is still the best for PC monitors but prices should be decreasing not increasing. I know Asus keep re-re-releasing the PG279Q or some similar form of it which seems to keep going up in cost but barely adding features

8. go4brendon

go4brendon Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Seahawk X
    What happened to the X32???

9. vukk

vukk New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra
    Overdrive is good until the overshoot is minimal or not present at all, the asus hadles it well, i have not experienced any kind of ghosting or anything negative about image quality, its kinda nice to have a variable overdrive so you dont have to use different overdrive settings for different refresh rates, very few montior have that feature, but ye i dont know why asus decided to use DP v1.2 instead of v1.4 since the panel itself is 10bit, thats a negative for sure.

If you want good HDR experience, then wait for an OLED monitor. LCD monitors cant compete with OLED even if they have FALD or miniled backlight, the technology is just inferior.

Acer will have a 270hz version of the monitor its called XB323U GX it will launch Q1 2021.