5-minute gameplay of Hitman 3 5 - first mission in Dubai

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    More like Hitman 2.5

I have a big heart for the hitman series of games, but, really, the 'world of assassinations trilogy' really should have been 4 years of DLC, not, 3 games with DLC and each game charging customers $60.

What makes it even more of a bitter taste in the mouth is when they have characters in the game acting very much like they themselves are acting. Building large empires, being ruthless in the face of competition, sneaking about behind the backs of influential industry tycoons, figuratively stabbing people in the back and; trying to stop people from having access to systems of perceived importance.

IOI have become one of their own villains.

As for the graphics, they look nice, but you can see they are missing what we have come to expect from games Anno 2021. They are still using pre-baked texture maps, not real-time...not much in the way of dynamic lighting, but they are using HDR color tones, but I question whether they use actual HDR, and not a glorified LUT with a filter and blown-out lens flares/convolution. The graphics look and feel 'heavy' or 'dense' with HDD access being loaded for each room you walk through. You can also see they are not using OpenSubdiv, so all those corners are janky (you can also see this with the roads in Cyberpunk, which deeply surprised me when I saw it) and even the head of 47 is not smooth...

The graphics are dated, or perhaps more accurately, look like HITMAN 2016 more than ever now.

I think the new consoles will love this game though and HITMAN does work well as a console game, completing assassinations from the couch is always fun.

Silva likes this.
  3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Played them all up to Absolution which i never completed: My interest for this franchise peaked at Blood Money.

Somehow i kinda lost interest.

4. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    I tried to get into Hitman 2016 but only got as far as the mission after Paris.
    I accept it's probably my age as I just don't have the patience to spend hours working out how to replay the same map over and over using a different weapon or costume.

XenthorX likes this.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    Oh, the 'escalations' for each level are really fun, as you get to learn maps in small segments.

6. suty455

suty455 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 3090
    looks just like the older game which I found boring to be honest.

7. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
  8. m4dn355

m4dn355 Master Guru

GPU:
    Guru3D 2080 Super H
    Hitman is my favorite franchise up to the Blood Money. After that nah, the feeling is lost. . . The game of my life is the first one Agent 47, released 2 decades ago. God only knows how many times I beat it. What a marvel put in 350Mb.

oxidized and XenthorX like this.
  9. Weekend

Weekend Guest

GPU:
    1660 S
    tbh I don't know where all the negative feelings are coming from. Looks good. but I agree that we didn't need H3 for this. H2 was good as it was just add an expansion to that. They had an excuse for H1 to H2 but for H3 I don't know... Maybe Epic had something to do with that?

Loobyluggs likes this.
  10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I agree. The first game was ok. But the sequels seem to have a heavy reliance on a large number of NPC's everywhere. Hardly a stealth game at all now.

11. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    No doubt Silent Assassin and Blood Money are the best Hitman games ever made, and among the best third person action games ever. Absolution was probably one of the worst, too cinematographic and too much scripted compared to what we were used to. This new trilogy is pretty decent, too bad i won't be buying the third, and the reason is EGS, expectedly.

XenthorX likes this.
  12. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    :Jackie Chan makes the face:

I just looked up the price...um...no.

So, GOTY purchase in 2022, then. :D

I was about to go to bed, now, I must stay up and reassure my mind I am not going to robbed in my sleep...is IOI Interactive gonna take the Sodas from my fridge, too?...I only got a delivery of Cream Sodas yesterday!

DannyD likes this.
  13. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    *delete*

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021