Mad Catz Announces R.A.T. DWS Wireless Gaming Mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Equipped with the hyper-responsive 2 ms DAKOTA mechanical switch, diversified accessories, and a 16K high-end sensor, R.A.T. DWS achieves the ultimate performance, tracking ability, and longevity that...

Mad Catz Announces R.A.T. DWS Wireless Gaming Mouse

2. screwtech02

screwtech02 Master Guru

GPU:
    6900 XTU
  3. Locoyote

Locoyote Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060 6GB
    Transformers, robots in disguise.

4. Rise_Kode_Works

Rise_Kode_Works New Member

GPU:
    GTX3090 or whatever
    Bad product record.
    I was suckered into the R.A.T. Pro X and it was shoddy, flimsy, useless and worst of all uncomfortable in any configuration.

Oh, I though, it will transform, so I find out there was only one semi-acceptable comfortable configuration.But will it stay? NO. To have it morph into a toad mid action. The damn palm rest would scoot forwards like a dog wiping it's anal glands on the white carpet.

The buttons slid sideways like a child's tooth after biting an apple.

Then they go bankrupt and I couldn't get support for their garbage.

https://www.newegg.com/mad-catz-mcb4371800p6-02-1-r-a-t-pro-x-wired/p/N82E16826618079

65% negative reviews. That's a super majority in the US house of reps.

Neo Cyrus likes this.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    So... the usual Mad Catz M.O. then. Your description of what happened sounds like the best case scenario with one of their products. How'd they come back from the dead anyway?

I hate to say it, but the fact that this is a wireless mouse that sounds like it does NOT have planned obsolescence at every single step, and allows you to swap the battery, has piqued my interest. Obviously I doubt I'd ever buy it as it'd have to be off of Amazon so I can easily just chuck it back at them within a month should it fail (and being Mad Catz I give that a 65/35 chance within 1 month), and at a price that I can somehow justify which... LMAO... and you know, be reasonable as a modern mouse, which I also doubt.

6. golbee112

golbee112 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I wish I had an allen key at the tip of my thumb, so I could hold this mouse comfortably.