Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    A lot of good points and similarities to other situations that I too see. Yet I try to only write my "review" until I'm actually through the game, I've yet to finish the main story. But yeah, I agree with your points.

XenthorX likes this.
  2. Trixster

Trixster Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    I've sunk lots of hours into my first play through, running around happily murdering gang members wherever I see them and doing a lot of side quests to gain the eddies and level up the skills. Aside from one mission which seems bugged full stop for everyone and V deciding sometimes to do the stand-up arms out stretched pose on the bike I have not had game changing issues.

Yes, I have some ini tweaks - more in the direction of "give me more" than "oh God make it less"
    Yes, I only get around 30fps at 1080p but then with my card and the settings on high, ultra & insane I wasn't expecting more.
    Yes, I'm annoyed by the keybind issues and yes I have edited the files to work for me which I should not have needed to do.
    Yes, it is not what it was supposed to be but then again not many games are imo.
    (DAI was uber hyped and the wizard ranged combat was so bugged it was stupid and has never been fixed)

Do I believe CDPR will correct everything they can, yes.
    Do I believe CDPR will provide suitable, if not amazing, DLC to further expand the game, yes.
    Do I believe CDPR misled us, no, not intentionally but there are missing features.

Would I recommend to buy it, yes - imo it's a beautiful game (glitches aside) and it will get better with patching.
    Just don't buy it if you're on old-Gen consoles, it should never had graced their screens imo.

Will I playthrough again, hell yes but I am waiting for an RTX card cos I want to see more pretties..

3. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    Well, just beat it. There are many endings but I've only done one of them so far. Annoying amount of bugs, which result into tons of reloading of saves.
    Could have been GOTY material if the game was actually finished.
    Right now I'll put the game aside and wait for the DLC before I give it more time.

Still it was worth purchasing the game. Now I hope for another Deus Ex.

4. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Supposedly there's actually one in the works since 2020 or so but it's a reboot of a reboot. As in very likely not continuation of MD which itself was one game split in half, where 2nd half got cancelled because first one performed below Squares expectations due to well... being half of a game...

5. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xt
    It's not half a game though, it's much longer than a lot of games. And it could be made much longer if they made a large city with pointless hoarding / take out gangs missions a la 2077.

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    You've been added to the lawsuit, we're coming for your shekels.

tfam26 likes this.
  7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    [​IMG]

What is noticeable, however, is the enormous lead that Cyberpunk 2077 achieved over competition: Usually these surveys are won with percentages of 15-21%.
    Witcher 3 being only other game with more than 30%.

Turanis, Dragam1337 and DannyD like this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    i like the countermass weapon mod on everything, i'll max street cred soon and i'm not near halfways through, still enjoying everything about it.
    no issues only very random janky npcs /vehicles.

9. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Also finished the game. Not gonna comment regarding expectations not being met or the amount of bugs I experienced, it is what it is. But I hope they can improve upon them over time.

But I really want to ask regarding a certain point of the main story, because ever since I experienced it. Well, I kinda think its a plot hole?

So after the heist mission stealing Johnnys chip. Jackie dies, at the end of the Taxi ride, Delaware gives you the choice of what happens to Jackies body.
    I sincerely thought this would be a big, important choice for the game. After all, Jackie is as much a witness as V is, and the game has been making a point out of Braindances by this point.

So I choose to send Jackies body to Viktors clinic, thinking that Viktor would at the very least pull out his optic implant, check the Braindance and see the Arasaka patricide.

But all I got out of that choice was giving Jackie a funeral (mission) - Anyone else thought this was a bit odd?

XenthorX and fantaskarsef like this.
  10. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, there's a lot of those things in the game. Lots of unlogical things like two cops chilling across the street of a reported crime scene, all year long. What's even more bothersome, the plot hole you mentioned is game breaking plot wise... checking Jacky's BD would have killed off a whole plot arch in game and would have been easy.

XenthorX likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Gosh everyone's finishing it, what the heck you are all too fast....

Made you look at the second spoiler.

[​IMG]

Turanis, jbscotchman and XenthorX like this.
  12. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    In this stage,game version 1.06,CP2077 its a 8/10 game.
    I really hope the CDPR will bring us CyberPunk 2077 Komplet Ed. with all stuff cutted and all new good things they have in mind.

Now,about year 2077 and fallout of USA
    https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Great_War

The nuclear holocaust was a direct result of the decade-long conflict that left both the United States and China exhausted.
    By 2077, a combination of attrition, loss of supply routes, and offensives conducted by the United States across the front left Chinese units in Alaska stranded and cut off from reinforcements. The liberation of Anchorage spearheaded by winterized T-51 power armor units under the command of General Constantine Chase marked the end of the Anchorage Reclamation, after a decade of war.

The war began and ended on October 23, 2077. Chinese subs were identified by the United States Pacific Fleet at 00:03 EST off the coast of California, moving into position. At 03:37 EST, a squadron of high-altitude bombers was sighted off the Bering Strait.[10] At least one Chinese stealth submarine, the Yangtze, moved close to the American East Coast, launching all warheads, save for one malfunction.

Six hours later, at 09:13 EST, the Integrated Operational Nuclear Detection System detected the first four missile launches and the United States went to DEFCON 2. Four minutes later, NORAD confirmation sealed the fate of the world. At 09:26 EST, the president ordered a retaliatory strike according to scenario MX-CN91.[10] Nuclear bombs hit Pennsylvania and New York at 09:42 EST. By 09:47 EST, most American facilities went offline.

The nuclear exchange continued for two hours, until silence fell across the land.[1] According to President Dick Richardson, both China and the United States suffered catastrophic loss.[15] The standard nuclear warhead used in the Great War was that of a strategic nuclear warhead ranging from 200-750 kilotons in explosive yield[16] with high-yield variants found on Chinese submarines.[17] This was actually far worse for the Earth, as the lower yield warheads deposited more soil and debris into the lower atmosphere, resulting in a much more concentrated fallout that eventually enveloped the environment.[16] The entire world was blanketed with multiple nuclear strikes, most cities being hit multiple times, and the world and its entire ecosystem were irrevocably changed for centuries to come.

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Well I went back after finishing and been doing some of the side stuff I missed also missed a lot with Rogue and Johnny's story. Unfortunately I ran into a glitch when I got Johnny's pistol it replaced my precision rifle I've been using forever. Didn't just replace it in the inventory, that rifle is just plain gone. I still stand by my 7/10 and that's being generous. Can you really even consider this game an RPG with all the stuff that was removed? Honestly it just feels more like a linear action/adventure game.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  14. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    ^
    After patch 1.07(from 8 Jan they said) you should consider begin a new char,delete all old saves and delete also the game cache from...something appdata/local/CD Project Red.
    Its still an RPG more than Fallout 4 or Fallout 7.6(lets not forget this stincky game with loooot of bugs at the begining)

Gandul likes this.
  15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Yeah I'll definitely delete and start a new character probably after the February patch, for now I'm just checking out all the blue icons on the map and any little things I missed. One odd I thing I noticed after the 1.05 patch is that my in game play time on my current save file no longer matches up with the play time that Steam has listed. Steam for some reason added an extra 10 hours, no big deal just thought it was odd.

Turanis likes this.

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    guys im not complaining here at all, and im not here to ruin the party.. but please keep hiding the story-related talks for some time.. :)
    im still reading\browsing this topic once in a while and like some others, i don't intend to play the game for at least 7-8 months from today. who knows maybe even more, depends on the state of the game\patches. i felt like posting this because CP is a "hot" topic.. appreciate it..

17. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Lol... so you expect people to not openly talk about the story, in a thread dedicated to the game... for a year after release... how about no...

Kaleid likes this.
  18. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Finished the game once. Enjoyed it very much, in spite its issues. I also love what they did during the credits. Very cool! I've now shelved the game until it's fixed up. Would love to get all of the endings. Have plenty of other games to be getting on with in the meantime.

rflair and coc like this.
  19. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    not at all.. i meant that as long as it's a "hot" topic.. i don't expect anything really ;/

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    If you dont want to get any spoilers about the game, then dont go into a thread about the game - pretty simple.