S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S.T.A.R.A.C., May 16, 2018.

1. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Nope i highly disagree, cyberpunk is a buggy mess compared to stalker, i finished the first stalker game with the day 1 patch.

The game breaking bug in cyberpunk 2077 is that the F key is hard locked, it doesnt even exist for me [cyberpunk 2077] if they cant fix that bs.

S.T.A.R.A.C. likes this.
  2. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    No you didnt!

it took a long time for stalker to be able to use all its game mechanics properly

INSTG8R likes this.
  3. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Not true. Amount of bugs in Stalker SoC was minimal for an open world game.
    Clear Sky was a buggy mess.

Witcher29 and Undying like this.
  4. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    It wasn't open world. It was a hybrid as in it uses loading screens to load in relatively big open area's and no loading screens for most buildings. But I think this is besides the question.
    Whilst Cyberpunk certainly runs like dogcrap for a lot of people, Stalker could crash to desktop at any time ( the dreaded XrayEngine has stopped), was built on an engine for an OS that would limit itself ( 32bit ) with 64bit around the corner.
    The AI ( what's it called again ALife? ) would crap itself regularly, quests wouldn't trigger, important items would fall trough the map, and the weapon values and damage system would be one of the first things to be modded.

I don't even play Cyberpunk, I'm patient for the GOTY edition, but Stalker was a LOT buggier and game breaking than people remember.
    Which game was worse is irrelevant. Stalker got good, Cyberpunk will get good in time.

My source: I have the preordered special edition tin box of SoC still in my possession as well as the re-bought Athlon64 3000+, 2Gb ram DDR400 and GeForce 6800 vanilla 128Mb DDR3 because I tend to dabble into old, not yet retro PCs now and again.
    I don't remember Stalker SoC even having a 1st day patch, it wasn't customary back then because people internet was still crap, and the game was delayed 2 years. I'm not saying you're wrong tho.

Undying, cerebus23 and Passus like this.

5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Wrong. STALKER is an open world game in every possible way. About loading screens, you have much more of them in TES. If you can travel between the locations, that's an open world no matter loading screens.
    And in the SoC for example even AI travels between the locations, maps. That's why enemy would suddenly spawn between your back if you are close to the transition point, and attack you.
    About crashing, i didn't experience a lot of that in SoC and CoP. In CS i did.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    S.T.A.R.A.C. if someone says something bad about S.T.A.L.K.E.R

[​IMG]

Passus likes this.
  7. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    Yep, fair enough. I just checked and you're quite right. Open world.
    I was thinking 'seamless open world.' I got the two confused.

My bad. Got internet cookies if you want 'em :)

S.T.A.R.A.C. likes this.
  8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    How is this going to work? Is this really a true sequel? How many people actually played the original, I know for sure all of my console friends have zero idea what it even is. I think the number 2 in the title is a little "off putting" for some people as they never got chance to play the original. Its been so long since the originals came that I wouldn't mind them just calling it STALKER, or have a sub title.

Or maybe they could release the original trilogy on the new engine....... ohhhhh the impossible dream! :D

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    First game is a classic and console gamers have no idea what kinda game it is. I dont think should be touched with so many mods around. A real sequel like this is all we need and console gamers can finally enjoy it (even though they missed the original sadly)

10. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Oh I know dude I had it on launch day.... after like 6 years of waiting! ;)

Still have my original box as well :)

11. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    While the trailer isn't really a "gameplay" one, I'm still looking forward to this! I just hope that the transition to UE4 won't mean a loss in the overall STALKER "feel".

12. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    anything S.T.A.L.K.E.R related is interesting news. they need to update the gun-play badly, but also to stay away from most of the shooters in terms gun-play. the game should be hard\realistic as it can be in this area, but far less clunky than the first trilogy. maybe some people will dislike what im about to say.. but PUBG is a great example for good weapon behavior. i find it suitable for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R series.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2021
  13. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    I respectfully disagree for PUBG as a standard for gunplay. I'd suggest Insurgency / Sandstorm or even Rising Storm Vietnam. I feel these are realistic shooters without going all out like Tarkov or Arma.

14. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Personally I'd love it if they went all out in terms of realism/depth in the shooting mechanics. For a single player game all about immersion and (sometimes) tension/horror elements, details like that can make a big difference.

Chess likes this.
  15. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    well i would suggest not to go for extremely realistic because S.T.A.L.K.E.R still needs those anomalies, environmental hazards and some dangers a non-populated world
    brings. so a millitarty level realism in gun-play can actually ruin a lot here. that's why i think PUBG is a great immersive example for great gun-play* ( not game-play ! ). but yeah, some of us see it differently :)

another factor i would love to see is a realistic reward system based on exploring\doing difficult missions. an example:

a crate with a solid amount of ammo or crafting materials for different ammo's, or a relevant scope* for your rifle - those things need to be rare and not easy to achive.
    in the zone, these items are worthy so i hope those little things do matter in the eyes of the developing team.

iv finished the trilogy around 3 times, SoC is still the best in my eyes. CS gave my GPU rough times, and it had amazing and tense moments, followed by CoP which was my least favorite but still an excellent game.

hope the second game will deliver.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    Chess likes this.

16. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    I could see an Insurgency-level gunplay in STALKER, but to go for full "realism" would be a bad idea. STALKER wasn't and shouldn't be a simulation, no matter what the MISERY mod fans say. The game still needs to have some level of fun to it. Also, how would realistic guns work against mutants like Bloodsuckers, Controllers and Chimeras? The game already isn't "realistic" in this regard to begin with.

I can't speak for PUBG gunplay, because I never played it, nor do I intend to.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The thing that made S.T.A.L.K.E.R. special, still even today....... is the A-Life AI system, literally no other video game has even tried to do what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did, maybe the original Bioshock to a certain degree?

Off the top of my head I cannot think of any other video game that has done with AI what S.T.A.L.K.E.R. did with AI.

I want gunplay to be like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. but improved.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
    S.T.A.R.A.C., Corrupt^ and Chess like this.
  18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Gunplay was already very decent in the original, but the ADS models and sights were sometimes offset or just horrible in general. Something I've noticed when I modded the .ltx files to play the game without ADS, while retaining an accuracy penalty when moving, etc (was during my heavy Counter Strike days, so I didn't like ADS'ing everywhere).

He's right though. ShoC looked like a somewhat dated game with new stuff tacked on and some stiff animations, etc, but overall it wasn't very buggy. At most I saw some funky stuff with animations on NPC's.

19. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    more important is keeping it open as the trilogy allowed the player to feel the zone, the environments by exploring. this game should never be linear.

20. Duke Nil

Duke Nil Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    I'm not saying take out anomalies and mutants, I love that stuff. But I'm pretty sure an AK-47 in stalker isn't supposed to be some magical sci-fi version of one