Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.12.1 driver download & disccussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 8, 2020.

1. wuest3nfuchs

wuest3nfuchs Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse
    So they renamed it?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. Thiago Diniz

Thiago Diniz Member

GPU:
    6700 XT Red Devil
    Vega64 here and mine shows Freesync Premium

Attached Files:

• x.png
      x.png
      File size:
      40.3 KB
      Views:
  3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    srdjan1995 likes this.
  4. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    This is weird.
    I just checked.
    In one of my monitors, it says FreeSync, but in the other monitor, which, by the way, does NOT have FreeSync, says Adaptive Sync and I can enable it! WTF!?

ASDASD.png

5. wuest3nfuchs

wuest3nfuchs Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse
    May it depends on the monitor , i don't know...

Edit: Just saw that my monitor supports Freesync Premium too... https://eu.aoc.com/en/gaming-monitors/ag241qx

Thats kinda weird, hopefully we get a fix for this ...

6. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Freesync2 broken as hell for anyone else with a samsung panel? I have had to turn it off completely. Most games its for bad with flickering in game, its like being epileptic. And some games I get insane fullscreen issues unless I turn it off. Works flawless without it on.
    Ive had freesync since 2015 and it has never been like this so till now. Occasional games had some menu flickering but not in game.
    I may need to record the behavior with my phone to show how bad it is.

itpro and Wault like this.
  7. Wault

Wault Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900XT 310Black
    I have this display : Samsung C27HG70
    Although it is a "false" HDR, it is validated by AMD as FreeSync premium PRO.
    https://www.amd.com/en/products/freesync-monitors

[
    NOTA : To be honest, I think it is kind of sad that this monitors is among the "bests" because I'm not amazed by its prowess.
    - The HDR is fine on videos, but in games, that's hit or miss. And I have to choose the good colors preset.
    - when it was fine, Freesync had so much reverse ghosting it was absolutely unusable for me :-(
    ]

But, I discovered something recently. If in the monitors config I choose "ultimate Engine", then an option appears in the AMD control Panel.

If I enabled it, then Freesync is always enabled in games !
    And, like you said, Agonist, it flickers like crazy and is utterly broken.

Agonist likes this.
  8. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Thanks for the info. I just spend nearly $1000 for a Samsung CHG90 and I can not even the use the biggest feature I wanted out of it. HDR. Like you said, video is amazing with freeysnc 2 premium and HDR. But games its 1000 unusable. My monitor is touted as HDR10 or 1000. So its supposedly true HDR for gaming. In some games, HDR look so damn good. Others, its a big miss.

I did take some videos on my phone trying to capture how bad it is.

itpro likes this.
  9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    The issue is with HDR enabled and not VRR. The second one is fixed with latest firmware. I encounter flickering with full screen games and videos when HDR is enabled with Displayport in windows 10.

I never used freesync. MBR(fastest) mode is far superior to VRR. Also it makes my G7 truly brighter in HDR, it far surpasses its hdr600 when enabled.

I believe it should happen the same with older models like CHG70 and CHG90. Use always on local dimming not off or auto together with MBR mode. :)

Agonist likes this.
  10. srdjan1995

srdjan1995 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Dual RX 6650XT
    That is great mate... Just wanted to know if mine is stable enough with those results? I mean, it says it passed the stability test. Haven't really tried OC'ing mine, but will do.

Undying likes this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    If it passes timespy your probably good to go but games are the real test. ;)

DanielRX and srdjan1995 like this.
  12. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    It's HDR600 10Bit 144Hz Monitor -> Peak brightness is ~600cd
    -> https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors...er-and-clear-gameplay-27-inch-lc27hg70qquxen/

One of the best monitors for gaming at that price ;)
    You should try CRU and do some OC for it..... try FS range at 35-142Mhz

DanielRX likes this.
  13. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I've seen flickering issues with an AOC C24G1 and Freesync (which uses a Samsung panel) in the past, but that was a known issue of that particular monitor panel. Some panels don't play along nicely with Freesync albeit supporting that feature. As it was consistently present over many driver revisions, I've returned that monitor but I cannot rule out a driver bug in your case as you mentioned that it did work before. My HP 25X which I bought as a replacement only flickers with Freesync if the frame rate gets very low (unfortunately, one of my favorite games is Hearts of Iron IV which does show this flickering in late games where the game gets below 20 fps).

14. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Mine shipped with the newest firmware. Both my last two monitors were freesync1. Im still learning what things are. So should I have response time fastest and low input lag on with freesync off? HDR still works this way it seems. That would be having MBR on basically?

itpro likes this.
  15. DanielRX

DanielRX Master Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Merc319
    upload_2021-1-3_17-9-22.png

Vega56 user here, Freesync still there.

wuest3nfuchs likes this.

16. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Local dimming used together with MBR (or the fastest low input lag mode available) gives the most accurate dimming, brightness and pixel response available. It helps HDR mode, you should confirm settings there too. Personally, I am not fan of Freesync/Gsync. I always prefer speed over fluidity. Consoles also have some basic fluidity combined with motion blur. We preferred PC gaming over the years for their absolute response times. I cannot change my way because syncing became hardware controlled now. Moving images' details are superior due to less input lag and pixels' response.

Agonist likes this.
  17. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Same Monitor on a 5700XT via DP never had any Freesync issue, mine just has really shitty backlight bleed.

18. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Thank you. Thats what I have setup. I was just worried about response will be in games where I am under 120fps on my panel with 144hz set. Why I do like freesync.
    In single player games, I crank graphics. Always 60fps or more unless I need the extra FPS for a shooter.

19. Wault

Wault Member

GPU:
    XFX 7900XT 310Black
    Hello.
    Your post gave me hope so I tried again this option ("AMD FreeSync Premium Pro") enabled in the AMD control panel
    (screenshot of the panel)
    ControlPanelFreeSyncPro.png

And, this time, it worked "perfectly". \o/
    The reverse ghosting is still present, but there is no flickering above 48Hz.
    I tested Division 2 and the AMD program with the windmil (and the nVidia program with the clockwork)

I think (but i didn't investigate) that my mistake was that I enabled 10bit pixel-format in the AMD control Panel : Settings->graphics->advanced
    Someone in this thread said before that it was only for specific professional use cases, and I decided to listen to him and I disabled it. For good it seems. :)

HD64G and DanielRX like this.
  20. Hopefully the next driver release fixes Oculus Link support, I'm bored with using November drivers :p