Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    U don t even need to mention it , game optimization is just as low as it can be

2. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    No, its butt naked :)) when going into T pose on the bike or in the car.

Passus likes this.
  3. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    My impression after reading all the doom and gloom about what it takes to run the game 'acceptably'. But was pleasantly surprised when I got it and tested it out on a 2080. Games, esp this one, dont need to run at maxed everything to look good.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/t...rules-in-1st-post.423135/page-58#post-5869165

But yeah I can understand running high res without DLSS capable cards will be more of an issue.

Noisiv likes this.
  4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I got my character up to level 42 with most of the main story left to finish. I think I went a little too far since all the missions now say "low" or "very low" danger. There is basically no challenge now.

This is my 2nd playthrough. I still haven't called that initial Delamain job. That annoying AI phone call every time you go near a cab, which pretty much covers the entire map... Not even one call this game. That feature is worse than a bug.

5. Kevin Mauro

Kevin Mauro Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super FTW3
    Ok thanks I'll bear that in mind

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  6. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Im pretty much doing the same thing (although still on my first playthrough) - only did the main story needed to unlock the interesting side quests, and then doing all side quests and activities before i proceed with the mainstory. The story for me is about the story anyways, and not the challenge, so i don't care if its very low threat :)

Passus likes this.
  7. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    What?

The game is visually demanding. Perhaps it's also got shoddy software engineering and optimisation, that doesn't mean it would run well on old consoles if it was well optimised. It can be both of those things at once.

I mean, who's to tell me that I can't play Cyberpunk on a Megadrive!

Clearly, Sony have decided that the PS4 is not a suitable platform for many of their new games, so even the people that make the hardware agree.
    There's a reason they bring new hardware out - because the old harware is no longer suitable.

How is that not self evident?

I've been playing CP on my 3090, and it's fine.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  8. Chess

Chess Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX1080Ti Stri
    You do, as a user.
    We must keep in mind that you don't nééd fantastic eye candy for the game to be immersive and fun.
    These situations have always existed like Operation Flashpoint, Crysis, FlighSim, Arma...

These games were unoptimised and sold as ' future proof', lol ^^.
    Don't worry too much about it, don't go looking for little details. You don't see details in a firefight when you're at the edge of your seat :).
    We can be pretty sure they'll patch it for years to come if they don't get sued to bankruptcy.
    I don't mean to belittle the situation, but I'd advice to return the game when it's not to your liking ( not the end of the world, eh ) and rebuy it when it's a year+old on. By then it should have received some decent patching, perhaps a GOTY update and it'll likely be cheaper in a sale.

Till then, enjoy other games, like some fantastic little indy games for... perhaps 20-30 dollars or so! :)

Repo Man likes this.
  9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Are you a little bit special or what? The game simply needs a certain amount of cpu power to run at acceptable framerates and the old consoles just dont have powerful enough hardware to run any even remotely cpu demanding title, and cdpr probably just shouldn't have sold it on the old consoles.

It can't be stressed enough though that the old consoles had super weak cpu's even 7 years ago - they use amd jaguar cores at 1,6 ghz, like the athlon 5150 - that cpu has a single thread passmark score of 541... compare that to the 4770k, which was also released 7 years ago, which has a single thead passmark score of 2134 !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguar_(microarchitecture)

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=AMD+Athlon+5150+APU&id=2208

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=intel+core+i7-4770k+@+3.50ghz&id=1919

The that fact they could even get the game to run on such a weak cpu in the first place is remarkable... but i don't see how they are going to make it run at 30 fps while looking anywhere like the game on pc, cause the cpu is the limiting factor... so it's the scope of things that will have to be drastically reduced... and the scope of the city is really the games primary selling point.

Passus and TheSissyOfFremont like this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I'm a little bit surprised how much the game is bottlenecked by the RT cores on even a 3090 in certain areas with raytracing turned on.

4k ultra raytracing + quality dlss = 28 fps

[​IMG]

4k ultra raytracing + balanced dlss = 31 fps

[​IMG]

4k ultra raytracing + performance dlss = 37 fps

[​IMG]

4k ultra - no raytracing or dlss = 51 fps

[​IMG]

You can see that in this particular spot, the game barely increases in fps going from quality to performance dlss (1440p to 720p render res), as it is bottlenecked by the raytracing cores, which is also reflected in how many watts the gpu uses with raytracing enabled, where the gpu is below 400 watts despite being at 99% load and above 2 ghz, where as with raytracing disabled, the wattage is at nearly 500, as is normally the case.

Turanis likes this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not bottlenecked by rt cores.

itpro likes this.
  12. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Aha, right.

It quite obviously is.

13. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Bad coding (not proper use of hardware), you freely say, rt cores bottleneck yay? Give me your reasoning why you insist Cyberpunk is the holy grail of programming? We blame AMD, Nvidia, Intel, Microsoft, Sony, because CDPR made a wannabe future proof game? Sorry, I am not impressed. :oops:

14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's not. nothing is bottle necked by the fixed function single task RT cores that only exist to calculate BVH. its all the operations after BVH is performed that are done on the cuda cores.

15. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun
    I'm actually surprised at how well it runs on the CPU end. On a mid range 8700k at stock, I can drive at high speed from one end of the map to another at a locked 60 fps without a stutter, absolutely smooth as butter. Over 100 hours without a crash, sure I've had some glitches but no quest breaking bugs. Game is only going to get better with patches, dlc and mods.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    If it was bottlenecked by the cuda cores, then reducing the render resolution ought to considerably increase performance... which it clearly doesn't.

17. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The 2080Ti could barely do playable raytracing at 1080p and people thought the 3090 would do playable 2160p made no sense, using a fairly functional upscaler (DLSS) was the only way to make it work.

The part that gets me is when people would tell others 60fps ain't enough, I have a 144MHz screen how can you live with 60Hz, now apparently it's fine.

Kevin Mauro and fantaskarsef like this.
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  20. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru