Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Is this a safe tweak? The draw distance boost tweak for instance might cause various issues, and apparently the value you input is bound to the savegame.

edit: also read here, post on the top: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/threads/cyberpunk-2077-ultra-performance.18910855/page-37

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Whilst waiting for my refund I decided to have a go at the game on GF Now and I gotta say it was a positive experience. Got in straight away now with no queuing and I was able to whack all the bells and whistles to the highest settings and the game ran far better than it does on my rig. Unfortunately even with GF Now the game felt sluggish to play and I'm not talking about lag on my connection here but the controls that I've moaned about in previous posts. The other thing is that even at the High/Ultra settings ( no RT as I don't sub atm ) the game stuttered quite a bit on Nvidia's hardware, yet what I was seeing on screen, while it looked ok, didn't justify the stutters and general wonky performance. The stutter's would usually happen if I turned around quickly which is what happened on my "physical version" of the game too.

Noticed a bug I haven't noticed before while I was at it. If I was walking on an overpass, there would be traffic and pedestrians on my level as normal but if I looked down to the road below me it would be completely empty of cars and pedestrians so it would seem like the game only renders traffic and crowds on the level of height you are on at that moment in time. It's possible it was just that particular spot but it still stuck out like a sore thumb.

Point of this post ? I dunno... it looks like game streaming is getting there and I'm slowly becoming a convert, the tech needs to mature a little bit more but if hardware prices keep creeping up while availability is what it is, I can see streaming platforms like GF Now or even Stadia becoming viable options. I'm almost tempted to order a Shield TV + controller so I can play my games on my 55" 4k HDR TV but will wait and see how things develop.

As for CP2077, while the game is totally playable and more enjoyable on GF Now if you're stuck on ancient gen hardware like me, I still think this thing needs a lot of work to be what it was supposed to be at launch. I totally get that some of you people are enjoying the game and all power to you, I'm happy you got the experience you wanted but for a lot of us... well, we just kinda expected a bit more I guess.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    probably how much hype or marketing we ingested.

either way the pc reviews are more positive than negative by a good bit. they just need to patch in some of the stuff they never completed.

Dragam1337 and INSTG8R like this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Just finished the main story and around 70 side quests in around 47 hours. Ironic to finish one of the most disappointing games with one of the most disappointing years. SMH..

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i got 2 i cant finish, the one panel i need to scan is unpowered and cannot be completed, and another all the doors and etc are unpowered and cannot get into the building to save the girl, used a teleport and cant glitch into the thing but then you cant give her the coolant to save her.

and the cyberpsychos i got all them done i checked them off in journal i killed a few, but no completion to get the achievement.

still idling about in game, did find a electronic confessional for 9 bucks i think, still finding areas i not explored here and there.

Passus likes this.
  6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I had a totally different ending I wasn't expecting. I won't say anything about it though.

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    ..lol..thanks..!? I didnt even think about GF now...until your post, lol...have ancient hardware, too and oh my god, i can play on ultra and its super smooth, what a difference...

So how is this working? After 1hour the game is shutting down and then you can reconnect right again? There was a queue, place 141, but after a few seconds it started right away. And is there a timer you can check? RTSS doesnt seem to work, so i cant check my fps, but...cool! :)

Edit: Ok, CTRL+G it is but it starts to show when you have 40 minutes left.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Repo Man likes this.
  8. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    fixed the final quest by re installing the game

I think some of the tweaks posted may have caused the issues

9. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    You and fiddling, eh...

fantaskarsef and Passus like this.
  10. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    You know me well my friend :p

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Yea so as you probably figured out by now, you can play 1hr with the free account and then you have to restart the game and potentially queue up again. Think the subscription price is 4.99 at the moment which lets you play as long as you like and you can enable ray tracing etc. Subbing is also meant to give you priority access so no queuing but if the game is really popular you may still need to wait for a rig to free up.

Naturally if you got the required peripherals, you can also play on your phone, tablet or TV.

12. skacikpl

skacikpl Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 4090
    Judging by Editor command prefix, this is only applicable for in-editor sessions and does nothing in shipped game.

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
  14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Imo crafting weapons is pointless because you will always obtain free weapons from enemies that will often be better than what you craft. But I'm investing in the crafting tree just to reach the skill of keeping the mods from items you disassemble.

Also never visited weapons or clothing stores because why pay for stuff you get free from enemies that you kill. But it may be worthwhile to visit these stores for the mods you may need. Just found a list of the shops to go to for specific mods needs, incl ripperdocs and items they specialize in.

https://outsidergaming.com/cyberpunk-2077-complete-crafting-guide-and-crafting-spec-locations/

15. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Well how are you making your money? I sell all my common loot and break down the better stuff, but it’s not very profitable. I really still feel. Like the same broke Nomad when I first came to Night City despite being I think level 18 and put 40 hours in so far. I just haven’t found out a way to make good money. I have all the good hack perks but rarely find anything to hack that’s not something I’ve found during a mission.

I was hoping to be able to hack every food.dispenser or at least more random stuff in the world. Mods are expensive the cars I’m always being offered I will never be able to afford I’m struggling to keep 15-20G in my pocket which might get me any mod but I’m sure most are out of my price range..

16. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    I'm also using the draw distance tweak at setting 55. The line is

DistanceBoost = 55.000000

which can be added right below the Editor line of code in my previous post. The Nexus mod for it recommends trying 60 at first. But it had a little to much flickering so I had to lower it a bit. For me at 55 or 50 it really adds to the visual quality as does the Editor line setting of 1000.

Maybe my Titan RTX helps with it, on a I7 7700, 32gb ram. Not sure if I have any issues with bound to savegames. I did check out the overclockers UK link and it's too bad some are having issues with the 1000 setting.

Another poster in this thread said the Editor line of code may not affect the base game, that it only works in an editor mode.
    Edit: Rechecked the graphics before and after the Editor line set at 1000 tweak once more and it makes a noticeable boost in IQ, the reflections and lighting are much better. Just to note I have ray tracing on and the Distance Boost at 55. But be on notice there are some missing textures like a 100 meter section of monorail is missing when using Distance Boost. But hey the added details are worth it to me.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    best way to make $ is to exploit.

the buy vs sell in the game is beyond stupid. the crafting "econ" is non existent. many things like drinks break down for more than they are to craft, add in dupe bugs you exploit mats and dupe items to get the funds to buy at the inflated sell prices.

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    How to make money? Just play the game and the money pours in. I dont waste it on vehicles (have free bike), weapons or clothing, just cyberware and implants. Some costly implants you can get for free (ie, legendary mantis blades, smart link, etc). Have over 100k and at about same level as you.

I'm interested in clothing mods esp, because they can be very powerful (ie, 20-30% crit damage) but very expensive (60k+). Have this mod, but want to keep it and apply it to better clothing. If I disassemble the clothing its attached to, its lost. Its why I need that crafting skill that retains mods when you disassemble the items they are attached to.

19. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Guest

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Wow wish you hadn’t told me about free Mantis blades I saved up for them and kinda regret them as I’m more of a gun guy so if I. Knew I’d get them eventually I definitely wouldn’t have spent the money..I must just be playing too much tourist and avoiding conflicts I assume probably pay okay. I’m trying to do as many sides as I can but I never engage those random encounters I didn’t last long in the ones I stumbled into I just find jobs don’t really pay muc( and I mean I pick of everything not nailed down and have+the ju;I perk but that’s still jut change+being made
    That skill you’re after I think I’d like that ine too I’ve been stashing stiff with decent mods I wouldn’t want ro scrap them.

20. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The legendary mantis blades are hard to find, most ppl will likely miss them in the game. Only by chance saw this vid on how to get them:

I also do a lot of the street missions, always looking on the map at nearby missions and dealing with gangs and thugs. Not strictly sticking to the main missions, mainly side missions, gigs and street encounters for now. So lots of enemies who drop plenty valuable gear for me to loot and sell. Its probably main source of income. Also plenty of other valuable stuff you can get for free if you check out youtube.