GIGABYTE Adds Radeon RX 6900 XT Gaming OC Boosting at 2285 MHz

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. SnakeHaveYou

SnakeHaveYou Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX 5700XT
    If the PSU with 750w has two PCI-E cables, each cable with two 6+2 connectors, how do i connect them to this RX 6900XT? I have both cables connected to a RX 5700XT right now, what if i want to replace that GPU?

3. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    new psu. get one that's SLI ready

4. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    wow Gigabyte has been on a tear the last two years. they really needed aorus to boost their standing after too many years with post-review spec changes and too thin mobos.
    i set up my friends aorus master elite x570 and wow, well made. i guess they're trying to emulate MSI (in the way MSI became respectable and preferred).
    if this 6900xt is as well made as a flagship should be, and if it ain't $1,200 after the market settles down this should get many fans (and not just in the case).

5. Ahmad Bilal

Ahmad Bilal Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon
    If you are trying to simply replace the 5700XT with this, then depending on your PSU, you can get a 'splitter' .. that makes one of your 6+2 connector into two. But safety of this depends on your PSU. You can consider visiting the customer care .. to seek technical opinion.

Else it is what tunejunky said, buy a new PSU which has 3 or 4 pairs.

tunejunky likes this.
  6. nuked

nuked Member

GPU:
    NO GPU
    Wow, so many pins. Always more power consumption.. We need more performance with lower power consumption.

7. SnakeHaveYou

SnakeHaveYou Member

GPU:
    Aorus RX 5700XT
    Gigabyte motherboards are very good, some models have Sound Blaster onboard, i have a X79 from Gigabyte with a Sound Blaster XFi and made my earphones sound very good, with very good bass and treble, with very low latency with Creative ASIO to work with music production software, i didn't need to buy an USB sound card to produce music, but i had to buy a mixer to connect a XLR microphone. Now i have an ASUS with Realtek, and i had to get a Sound Blaster AE-7 to get the sound quality i had, even for gaming is better.

The PSU i have already has each cable whith a splitter, each cable have two 6+2 pins, so i could connect two 6+2 pins from a cable, and one 6+2 pins from other cable, but how it will work? I will get a RX 6800XT anyway, or an RX 7800X, but it's an interesting question if someone have a similar PSU and want to get a GPU like this.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  8. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Yes do that. It will work fine.

Venix likes this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Imagine how big 6900xt Aorus version will be if this one is such a big boy.

10. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    @SnakeHaveYou since it is built like that all you have to do is just plug the 6+2 pins and you are ready to go. And i am pretty sure does not matter if the 3rd one is from the first or second rail. I am sure they both fall on the same 12v rail.

11. Ahmad Bilal

Ahmad Bilal Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon
    I just thought of something. Looks like Nvidia is coming out with the 20GB version of 3080, which they would call 3080ti (as per many 'initial' reports). Doing that would place the 16GB 6900XT in a predicament .. given it was already behind 3090 in terms of memory.

But what IF, AMD comes out with 6950XT with 20 to 32GB memory (remember Radeon 395?) .. as the process matures .. to even things out. But only if AMD is 'proactive' .. that is.