GeForce Hotfix Driver Version 460.97

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mr_ALLroy, Dec 18, 2020.

1. XantaX

XantaX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 TI 12G
  2. azalea

azalea Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 2080 Ti
    ^^^ Yikes, the C2N. Had a dodgy one with my VIC-20, 90% of the time Jetpac would never load :(

?LOAD ERROR
    READY.

Xman01 likes this.
  3. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Why the hell do I have to restart the computer so that the control panel works again? Does Nvidia know this or does it pass from this topic like many others?

4. Nekrosleezer

Nekrosleezer Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    That also happened to me with previous drivers on many games, quake2 RTX was like 1500 mhz on core. Had to reinstalls 457.51 which runs fine on everything until now.

5. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Yes, I was terrified of them as some of my games stretched and became no more. Rip Dizzy Collection.

HonoredShadow likes this.
  6. Dagda

Dagda Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Smough likes this.
  7. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    I just switched to nVidia with a 1660 Super. Everything works great, except my GPU utilization in AC: Valhalla stays around ~40% and I get horrible FPS. It is not a CPU problem. Is this a known AC: Valhalla problem maybe?

8. Smough

Smough Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660
    What is your CPU?

9. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz. Not a single CPU core reaches 100% utilization at any point, my previous GPU (Radeon R9 380) would run at 100% utilization and put out better FPS than the new 1660Super. Horizon: Zero Dawn and Red Dead Redemption 2 work with no problem, GPU utilization is at 100% and I get about 3x more FPS than with the old R9 380.

10. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Valhalla likes amd gpu,s more then nvidia in fps.

11. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    My 3770k hits 50-60% on Valhalla and GTX 1060 is at 98-99% all the time. ultra details except vol. light. fps is playable, mostly lower 50s sometimes 40s.
    I think its your CPU because 4/4 is getting hammered by AC due to vmware and denuvo. you need at least 4/8 to have stable 60 fps feed to gpu.

12. zheega

zheega Active Member

GPU:
    RX6800XT
    I tried AC: Odyssey and Horizon: ZD. My performance in both basically tripled compared to R9 380 4GB, I am getting stable ~50FPS at nearly max settings, compared to ~35-40FPS at medium-low settings before. GPU utilization is at 100% at all times. Read Dead Redemption 2 also works fine at high settings (didn't even try playing it for more than a few minutes on my old GPU, since it was running so bad).

Performance in AC: Valhalla is a bit worse than with my old R9 380 at identical (most options on low) settings, no CPU core ever reaches 100% load at any point in the game or in the benchmark. GPU utilization is stuck at around ~45%, the GPU fan barely has to turn on. This is either a driver or game bug.

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Happy New Year !

Playing Warzone in 4K with High textures, high filtering, filmic AA, Nvidia Reflex on + boost, V-Sync off, unlimited FPS, all other settings disabled/off. GPU RTX 3080.

After 2-3 matches performance degrades and it fixes only if i set textures back to Normal and High again. I've tried everything, format, DDU, other drivers..Nothing. Game installed in NVMe. I'm not VRAM limited as it reaches 9.2GB max. GPU usage stays exactly the same(96-98%). Any suggestions ? All other games seem fine.

Example:

High textures: 63 FPS
    https://i.imgur.com/tjy37Zr.jpg
    After changing High to Normal and High again: 95FPS
    https://i.imgur.com/KxAWfp1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
  14. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Tell the game developer, Nvidia aren't responsible for the game leaking vram.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    What leak ? MSI AB shows 9.1-9.2GB without increases after long gameplay.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    MSI AB only shows contents of VRAM and Total Vram as Dedicated and Used total, it doesn't show COMMIT which accounts for total allocated in virtual video memory allocation including fragmentation.

behavior is consistent with video memory exhaustion with classic workaround.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    Sajittarius likes this.
  17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I might be confusing the updates a bit but wasn't this extended on in newer versions of Afterburner and Rivatuner and it can show this now?
    Might have been separating the total overall with also showing per-process so a different form of reading out RAM or VRAM usage but still not showing the commit.

There's the task manager too but I think that's still overall though a very high value might still confirm over committing of resources and possibly leakage, quit the most likely process behind that either a 3D application or game if running or the web browser if that's leakage prone and if it goes down to expected levels that would work despite it's simpler functionality. :)

EDIT: I might be thinking more about allocated memory and how some earlier titles asked for way more memory than available and then DirectX allocated what actually was available and handled it through this. (Deus Ex Mankind Divided before a update changed it.)

Or a pool or page leak such as was common with Final Fantasy XV not sure if that got fixed or not.
    (This one process asked for 512 GB of RAM and then this other one wanted to page 20 GB of data. Yeah it can be a bit of a mess. :D )

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the Dedicated reporter only accounts for the vram up to that displayed on the card.
    GPU Commit is the total allocation made for the application which might exceed available memory but theres Physical Commit and Virtual Commit to content with and only Virtual is tracked as the Committed Bytes.

Thats where GPU System Bytes comes in, this is the half of installed system memory that is displayed as "Shared system memory" or "Dynamic video memory" as AIDA64 calls it, applications such as web browsers dump graphical contents into this third segment to minimize their impact on foreground gaming applications, but system shared can be a bane as much as a benefit because then you're physically overcommiting video memory into system memory.

AMD is also affected by this having reports for months of entire vram usage and then performance tanks.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    JonasBeckman likes this.
  19. Sajittarius

Sajittarius Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    a boon is a blessing (i would probably say "boon as much as a bane" in this case)

On Topic: all 460.x drivers with Win10 20H2 will not wake the monitor from sleep for me. RTX 3090 + LG C9. The last driver that works for me is 457.51. I have heard 3000 series have trouble waking certain monitors (seems like they changed something related to HDMI handshaking?)

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    was still recovering from new years lol

I passed this along already, every case has been in a multidisplay configuration so far, is yours?