Steam Best Selling Games for 2020

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    It's a freakishly long list to read but over at Steam each year they publish best selling Steam games of the past 12 months. ...

Steam Best Selling Games for 2020

fantaskarsef and itpro like this.
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That list is kind of Sad. Doom likely deserved it.
    But CP2077, that's sad story.
    Then bunch of F2P games which just ban its users due to unhealthy community.
    R6: Siege - Even I did consider buying it for 8 Euro, just to link to to my UBI R6: Siege. But that's still quite a lot for convenient way of launching game.

Seeing ARK there, did they even deliver DX12 promise? Last time I checked, answer was no. Just more DLCs.
    Warframe on other hand grew tremendously in content without asking arm and leg in return.

Then all those older games. Indie/smaller/simpler projects. It kind of says that 2020 was not rich year for new games.

JamesSneed, tunejunky and moo100times like this.
  3. moo100times

moo100times Master Guru

GPU:
    295x2 @ stock
    Agreed. Doom deserves to take top space. My fave game this year and a shining example of how to remake a franchise for the modern era.
    A lot of older games with longievity continue to take high ranking spaces, likely buoyed by content and active communities.
    Also impressed at Half Life: Alyx considering it is a VR game.

4. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Skyrim is still selling strong after an ongoing decade. I feel so older now.

INSTG8R and tunejunky like this.

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Just goes to prove how rubbish 2020 has been for the games Industry in general.

tunejunky and anticupidon like this.
  6. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Looks like CSGO and PUBG still have their cheaters buying new keys...

Best selling games (platinum) have been from 2019 or earlier in 7/10 cases...

7. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Does anyone know what numbers are required for each tier?

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Wow Doom Eternal.

9. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I thought it was 250k 100k 50k and 25k? unless its changed?

Prince Valiant likes this.
  10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Man, what a stupid list. Instead of giving numbers they give some crappy rank so people don´t know the exact numbers...

11. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Thanks.

12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Just picked up a bronze winner, 11gb install not too shabby neither.:p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    https://steamcharts.com/app/311210

I was pleasantly surprised to see Black Ops 3 still populated this much. Considering it's the last Call of Duty on Steam, I guess it's not that surprising.

14. JudderZalom

JudderZalom Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580
    Thanks Nice List

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm really surprised Horizon Zero Dawn didn't sell better considering they patched it and fixed a lot of the issues, with patches being streamed out constantly. Then again it runs like absolute ass; even on an RTX 3080 I can't hold 140 fps maxed at 1440p. For whatever reason it hammers the GPU even at near-zero resolutions, I tried some joke resolutions like 640x480 to see the performance scaling and it was still murdering my GPU, I'm not sure if that's a bug or if their entire code is just a clown fiesta's dumpster fire... which I'm not sure what that would make CP 2077's code which is orders of magnitude worse in every way.

One thing of note I want to point out about HZD is that the imperfect frame pacing, as much as it could use improvement, is some of the best I've seen in years as far as PC ports go. So even if it does run like burning garbage in terms of frame rate at least 60 fps on that game actually feels sort of like 60 fps meanwhile most other PC ports the frame pacing is so bad that even at above 120 fps it feels laggy to me. That says a lot about the state of PC ports that a port that needs to have its frame pacing improved has some of the best around.

Edit: I should point out that "runs like burning garbage" means it runs significantly better than say, Watch Dogs Legion, or CP 2077 relative to the visuals you get. Just not anywhere near as well as it should. Also it doesn't let you disable DoF, frack DoF and every dev that thinks it's good.