Cyberpunk 2077 hotfix Patch Prevents Corrupt Savegames

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Maddness and Dragam1337 like this.
  2. chalky

chalky Guest

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4090
    I think i'll give this game a miss and wait for Epic to give it away on there store just been playing gears 5 and think that looks better than this over hyped unoptimized pile of poo 7 years just wow

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Your loss. I'm on my 2nd playthrough. I feel bad for people who are avoiding this game because of what they are reading. <--That's the over-hype. It's not perfect, but it's still a fantastic game and easily my vote for overall GOTY.

4. lukas_1987_dion

lukas_1987_dion Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Phantom GS
    This game might be good, but it's so buggy that I never experienced so much bugs in any game, yeah including Bethesda's games..
    I'm kinda sad they cut so much of the promised features (I remember all of those interviews!), ah well maybe they will bring back some of them with updates and DLCs.
    Glad that save corruption bug is fixed. too bad no fix for already corrupted saves.

Gandul and jbscotchman like this.

5. nosirrahx

nosirrahx Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7700
    I wonder how many of these patches were in the works before the game was put up for sale?

6. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    All of them probably. Remember that multiplayer is also planned for release after the 2 or more free DLC they have planned.

Also, while I do get a giggle watching videos of bugs in this game, I'd be lying if I said I've encountered many of them. A few bugs sure, but, there's a decent game in there tbh.

7. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    There is a good game there, but I'm not gonna lie. It didn't come close to delivering on the hype.

8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Its a good patch, does more than advertised.

9. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Looks excellent from the game video I've seen, I always wait for 12 months or so, game is then sorted out and half price

Stormyandcold likes this.
  10. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    As I stated on another thread ... the game is good , look nice ... but c'mon ... movement control and fighting is worst then Morrowind .. and that was released in what ? 2000
    Gun control is crap .. voice acting is a miss ...
    Maybe I will play it just for the sake of it ... but over hype or not ... this was a bad release ...
    A better release was DNF with all the hype that got

11. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    [​IMG]

12. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    The game is fun to play, and looks great on a decent card, but it's a long way from being polished gameplay wise. Crafting, looting, inventory, wanted / aggro system, guns / cyberhacks balance, npc AI.
    I'm only just past the first part of the game (using the spiderbot for the 1st time mission) and the above things have stood out as needing work.

13. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Just give it time and they will update and patch it until reaches GOTY.

14. circeseye

circeseye Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6800xt oc
    im really enjoying the game...i havent seen any game breaking bugs. but the ones ive seen have been funny as hell
    cars falling from somewhere,,...bodies just splattering on the ground by you....trees doing weird stuff

15. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I whinged a fair bit about this game after some beer but its now in a decent enough state.
    Probably to avoid bugs, most of my time has been spent tweaking, benching, checking smoothness ...
    I might have 3hrs of gameplay now lol, but that first mission drew me in strongly.
    Bed time forced me to quit and since then have been scared to start it when there are things to do.
    Later today will be bliss :) (its 3am on the 25th here)

eGGroLLiO likes this.

16. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    I am on my second toon playthrough now on a FemmeV this time, having finished with HommeV the first time and used a save point to get all the endings on the path I followed. It took a while to get one but there actually *is* a happy ending in there among all of the really messed up and depressing ones. :p

There are a LOT of bugs in the game, several of which were blocking, but cleared on re-trying from a save. Overall it's a little annoying and distracting, but the story is excellent and the voice acting and the character animations are the best I have seen; the new lip synch tech is the one thing they hyped that really lives up to it. Game balance could really use some work, especially the quickhacks. Cap that out, and you never have to fire a single shot in the finale sequences - heck, you never even have to go into the same room as the bad guys for the most part. Capping out some of the unique weapons is the same deal - everything drops in 3 seconds or less on normal difficulty.

Just remember to save often and you can really enjoy this game, it's not as good as I hoped, but it's still the best RPG this year.

17. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    You shouldn't be playing any shooter on medium with a mouse and keyboard, that's the way i see it anyways.
    I've gotten my ass handed to me so may times in this game and that's at lv.15 no less.

18. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    It is mostly as You said. But i still wish they postponed release till summer. I can't find logic in decision making. There are some features that has been cut for unknown reasons :
    - physics - they are worse than in witcher 3 - how can that be?
    - AI - no comments nessesary. There isnt any.

Still best game this year. Weird year i guess.

19. bemaniac

bemaniac Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090
    Funny how this never crashes for me and dirt 5 exits dead every 30 minutes but everyone moans about this and gives awards to dirt 5 which literally has sprint events noone can win because of broken AI.

20. TheSissyOfFremont

TheSissyOfFremont Master Guru

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I've never found games to be anywhere near as buggy as they are claimed to be. Never.

Not Skryim, Andromeda, Cyberpunk....