ViewSonic offers New VA gaming monitors at 165 Hz in Full HD or WQHD

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. mentor07825

mentor07825 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3080
    I went from a VA Samsung Galaxy monitor to an nano IPS panel from LG and I won't go back. VA has its perks but for my use cases there are none.

3. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    Curved 6bit panels, when can this trend stop?
    I was going to buy the Benq EX2510 but it's either out of stock or being scalped by the last shop who has it.
    Anyone knows any good True 8bit, 144hz monitor that doesn't dry my bank account? Benq was 260€ and had good performance.

4. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    you could find the lg 27lg83a at that price in offer some time ago. I think it was 300 eur

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    27gl83a is a 2019 model costing over 500€, no stock available anywhere so I think its not being made. Also, although it's 8bit it has FRC to get to 10bit, making it more expensive. It was also QHD. Sadly, as I said, no availability.

6. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    @Silva That Benq has (way way) lower contrast ratio and gamut compared to AOC 24G2U (all of this tells you that it has a better panel) that I can't see why you would waste your time looking for a more expensive inferior monitor.

7. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I don't know how big is your assumption of "way way" but you're wrong. The 24G2U is a 6bit panel with FRC, that for me is a no right of the bat. It has slightly better contrast values but worst pixel response rate, the thing I'm most interested in.
    Yes EX2510 has features I don't need and have to pay, but the panel is superior compared to 24G2U.
    That said, I can't buy it because it's out of stock.

8. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I read what professionals say. it's ~1500 contrast and one of the best response time (under 4ms overall) and it has ~120% srgb's color gamut. So much for 6+2 bit...and superior to any panel that gives less contrast, gamut and color accuracy, which is what matters. You will buy whatever you want, but you are wrong, ex2510 has worse panel than aoc 24g2u.
    AOC also has plenty features that no one wants to pay, but for ~$200, no one cares. You even get a "full dell ultrasharp stand", speaker(s) and bunch of other nonsense, like 1ms MPRT, etc.

you can actually read this: https://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/budget_gaming_monitors_2020.htm#aoc_24g2u

Last edited: Dec 22, 2020
  9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Weak monitors. G5 is the best monitor below 350$.

10. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    I wouldn't use that VA for free....

11. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Everyone keeps writing off VA but ignores the fact that the new Samsung VA panels are basically better than IPS in every single way. Now are these viewsonic panels similar? No idea. But this whole "VA is bad" is is irrelevant in the face of VA tech that works.

12. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    Explain the curvature then...on a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio... I have very expensive VA panels to look at, their angles, compared to IPS, are really bad. Looking at them within the range where there is no distortion (a bit more than on TN) image is good. Curve helps a bit with the angles, the bigger the curvature, the worse the panel's angles. Then again, if you get a 65" UHD and sit 2m from it, you will have zero problems with v. angles....

I don't hate regular good VAs tho. Just curved trash.