New 27' VA Panel monitor. Need Recommendation.

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by kapu, Nov 15, 2020.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Dude, completely off topic, you seem to be picking an argument with someone who's not here to argue, also suddenly flipping it all saying CRT is better at 60hz than IPS at 60hz, like wtf is this even?

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @kapu

On windows 10 it is iffy or atlest that general concession around here. when works it look great, if when dont it look bad, every game I have that HDR setting toggle in the game menu HDR work like it should as far as I can tell any game that had HDR but enabling it hidden away ini tends to look horrible. atlest on windows 10, on the PS4 HDR look pretty good

most the budget and low under 1000$ panels can show HDR correct let alone get do 1000nit. my TCL s55515 (450$) can do HDR but cant do anything past 350-380nit, in all honesty HDR and SDR look very similar to me on this tv maybe the color are lilttle better.

You can check out rtings.com they have list of tv/monitor and rate how well the can hdr , I have not really seem man monitors that do HDR as it intended listed there.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Seriously your the one TELL me IPS is better when I am telling for my purposes they suck of all the panels type out there they are wrost period. yet you kept trying to tell me other wise. who is picking a fight with who here?

4. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    My choice is the Samsung G7. Think its the best VA on the market 27inches. If can get a gpu before xmas think am getting one! Or am waiting till Q1.

p.s From weeks of research Ips suffer from worse contrast ratio but VA have had probs with response times initially however the G7 is great in all areas. Contrast ratio is high and its fine for shooters.

Ok if you are really into online shooters then maybe go for an IPS but I want the richer colours hopefully a VA can provide. Thats my take on the difference. (Ips suffers from backlight bleed is it? But then there are issues with VA and in particular the G7 has had issues with flickering and Gsync but this has been fixed and a lot of it was user error. People not setting things right).

If you want a review of the G7 look at "We pc" on yt. English chaps.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2020

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Yep, I now have my VA based CRG9 (ultrawide 1440p), its definition and colours are simply outstanding.
    Very similar display quality to my 2 year old VA QLED TV, no accident, VA is great now.

6. Sovsefanden

Sovsefanden Guest

GPU:
    He probably likes ghosting and smearing

Viewing angles are awful too

Playing on a VA panel is like playing with MOTION BLUR, atleast on 99% of them.

The last 1% needs BFI to make it go away.

VA without BFI, and you will get BLUR. Slowest panel you can get. Especially when cold and in the first 30 minutes.

I would never EVER buy VA for gaming, unless it's casual 30-60 fps gaming and slower paced games.

Buy a VA panel for fast paced MP shooters, and you will be more dead than alive.

Zero pro (or serious) gamers use VA for this exact reason.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    My BenQ EW3270U VA panel would disagree with your outdated opinions. VA panels have come a long way since 2017.

Xtreme512 likes this.
  8. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I would argue that quality of the panel plays a big factor into each type of display. It seems many panels suffer from QC issues across the board, much more than I ever remember there being even just 10 years ago. Still, trying to compare a $300 IPS panel to a $800 VA panel or vice versa just seems silly, especially considering that all current monitor types are compromised somewhere. A very high quality IPS display has very little glow and BLB and a very high quality VA display has very little smearing and BLB, etc.

9. itpro

itpro Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD Testing
    Nope this recommendation is trash. Too big for real life office use. Anything bigger than 32" should be Ultra-Wide with any ratio for PC. 16:10, 16:9 and 4:3 have limits for proper quality of service.

10. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I decided to go with Oddysey G7. But i will wait till spring maybe , maybe something else will appear till then :)