AMD Curve Optimizer 5800X 5100Mhz

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by bobnewels, Nov 12, 2020.

1. FujiXPro2

FujiXPro2 Guest

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3080 10Go
    Really ?

Is there a huge difference in gaming ? Results should be pretty close isnt'it ? But we love and can afford things, just do :)

From my side, i will wait the new Agesa to test this new undervolting tools.

I tried today to lower value of PPT/TDC/EDC.

Works very well comparing to undervolting with 0.090V.

No more less points in Cenebench. It's 2° hotter (76 to 78°, stock settings was 85°), but i gain +100 Mhz in CPU Boost Overhide in PBO and use CO to -10, all cores.

4950 Mhz in game now, before it was 4500 Mhz :)

Next August, i will buy a 5950X for my X570 and send my 5800X on my X470 in order to replace my good R7 2700X.

I stay with amd because i'm curious to see the future results of my RTX 3080 with RTX I/O in PCIE-4.0 and my NVEM 4.0

Also curious to see the "AMD SAM" technologie declined in Nvidia Version.

2. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    That sounds awesome ,anyway no real difference in PC gameplay. The Intel CPU's are on sale and I wanted one,I already have some but did not have 10 series.
    I also has 2600X/3600X/3600XT/3800X/3800XT/5800X so I I like AMD alot.

3. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Damn good temps
    My 5800x is idling en the 40 degrees
    Its a new build SFF water cooleed bild
    With an EVGA 3080

4. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Damm maybe I was just lucky on the 5800X.

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    OK guys, my 5950x was delivered over the weekend, and I've been playing around with curve optimiser a bit. However, I have a quick question about temps as I am concerned I have a bad mount on my CPU block. I am seeing 10 - 15 degrees higher temps vs. my 3950x on the same loop. Do these chips run significantly hotter? I am debating about tearing down my loop again and remounting the waterblock.

Running an EK mono block on a Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master & triple 140mm rad. I have tried undervolting the dynamic vcore a bit, and also playing around with curve optimiser. It does make a bit of a difference but still not where my 3950 was in terms of temps. For info temps are.

Cyberpunk up to 65 - 70c
    Valhalla 60-65c degrees
    Horizon Zero Dawn - 60 - 65c
    R15 SC = 62c
    R15 MC = 75c

I do note the spikes in voltage are significantly higher than the 3950 - up to 1.45v even higher when everything is stock out of the box.

The CPU itself is great! Out of the box it will boost up to 5ghz in lightly threaded loads - v.nice. With some tweaking it will do a little higher than that.

6. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    I say if you think there is something wrong ,then I suggest you return your CPU.

AMD CPU Thermal Expectations. Post #12 in this thread has more information if you want to check it out
    [​IMG]

XenthorX likes this.
  7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yes, I've seen that chart. I get that the CPU is still working within AMD temp spec. My question is more around my custom loop. The delta vs. my 3950X is much more than I would have expected and I am not sure if that is caused by a bad block mount, or if I should expect this CPU to run that much hotter vs. the 3950. Just being lazy and trying to avoid tearing down my loop again unnecessarily!

8. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Full loop I would be pissed off,return the CPU for another if you can.

9. crashburn162

crashburn162 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti Wc
    I have the 5900x 360 rad with 1080Ti in the loop also I am getting idle temps 45 on HWinfo(tctl/tdie) and 35 on CPU Die Avarage, ryzen master reports the same temps as the CPU Die Avarage in Hwinfo. But voltages jump to 1.4+ on light workloads so I am guessing that's the reason. In Load the 2 temperatures have differences again but it's more like 3-4 degrees. I have the MSI B550
    Tomahawk I found the curve optimiser today but it doesn't really work on idle/light workloads but it does work on single core performance and multicore workloads. For the temps you said I am having almost the same temperatures besides the R15 MC doesn't go beyond 70 there. I've been checking the forums seems normal with these cpus I hope with the new AGESA this is worked out. Because at the moment my maximum Voltage is 1.488 and that's a lot :) .

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    MikeMK likes this.
  10. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    Max voltage in light loads can go up to 1.55v depending on settings and agesa/BIOS and the voltages are normal for boost clocks and are safe.
    I trust the AMD engineers 100%

I have owned 7 different AMD Ryzen CPU's and they all work the same pretty much for voltages.

I did have one bad 3800XT that would crash on idle and I just returned it.If someone not happy with the CPU ,return it if possible. Sell it and buy a different CPU.

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Thanks, looks like these are just running hotter than I expected. I too noticed the voltage spikes which is a big part of the problem.

12. Jose Vargas M

Jose Vargas M Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1650 / 4GB
    Thanks bobnewels for this thread!!! I'm new to overclocking and I was trying to figure out the Curve optimizer for my 5800x, and your explanations and graphics made the trick! I'm now at work but as soon as I get home I'll start setting it up. I have a couple of 8GB Viper Steel 4400 running @ 3800 Cas 15, using 1.5V.... , I haven't tried them on IF 2000 but I wanted to OC the CPU before trying to go further with the memory. I have a NH-D15 but I'm reaching 85 when running Cinebench R23, so I don't know if that's normal or may be an issue

13. bobnewels

bobnewels Maha Guru

GPU:
    amd
    First post greatest post ever lol ,try to get your CPU like this.
    Makes evag/epeen bigger
    Xuan Yuan Sword VII 4K HDR up to 5150Mhz all cores

darrenj likes this.