Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.05 would improve performance of certain Ryzen CPUs

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. HybOj

HybOj Master Guru

GPU:
    Gygabite RTX3080
    yeah, 30 patches to go... than IF they add the cut out content, so the game is not a hollow corpse, I will consider getting the game.
    I will not play it in current content state, which is a joke compared to 5 years old GTA

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I have no idea WTF CDPR are trying to pull here, and I'm not going to re-write everything I've written before but CDPR are 100% full of BS stating that it doesn't matter for higher thread count chips and they're insane leaving SMT disabled for those.

After further tests, yes SMT matters, a lot, even on my 3900X. 5-15% performance increases to average FPS, even in areas that seem 100% GPU bottlenecked with an RTX 3080 that hits 2.1GHz. More importantly than the average, it's preventing, or at least dulling, the severe lows. Just the giant increase in CPU usage should be a hint that something is going on even if your average FPS is the same. CPU usage doesn't skyrocket if nothing is being processed.

Same goes for the memory mod that totally does nothing because the files literally did nothing in the final build... except every test I've done, repeatedly back to back many times, show that it's not just reloading the game that changes performance, the file modifications, which totally do nothing to the game, make a difference.

Honestly CDPR just lost all respect I had left for them. I don't believe a procreating word they say anymore.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  4. Evronius

Evronius Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12GB
    Dragam1337 likes this.

5. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Fellow Gurus who have this game, can you please take some simple benchmarks at your own maxed or playable settings BEFORE and AFTER patch, like for like?

Just want to see if it made any performance increase as well as fixes.

I am more interested in improve minimum and average FPS than peak FPS.

Thanks!

6. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Patch is out now, just updated. :)

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Made no noteworthy performance difference for me, then again, it didn't mention any performance improvements in the patch notes.

Valken likes this.
  8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Some jokes are just that:
    "Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX."

Like what? Freaking hell, it is 2020. If CPU has AVX, use it, if it does not, use alternative code path. Which in most cases can be optimized by compiler.

Valken, Ricardo, mentor07825 and 2 others like this.
  9. JAMVA

JAMVA Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming X 4080:)
    Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX

My sandy Bridge from 2011 supported AVX , Instead of actually fixing it , they just ripped the code out for everybody :rolleyes:

Valken, Dragam1337 and Neo Cyrus like this.
  10. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    That's a seriously bizarre and lazy thing to do. I hope they mean that it simply won't try to run AVX instructions on CPUs that don't support it, but they are wording it as if they just outright removed it for everyone.

JAMVA likes this.

11. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    I'm enjoying this game tbh, but, the performance needs improving. It's as if occlusion culling isn't working properly and that's why performance isn't the best.

12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Yup, my game is back to being more jittery after they removed the memory pool file.
    I don't believe a word either.

13. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The game never had any AVX code, it was an oversight. Maybe its a compiler thing. There have been a few games where AVX was 'patched' out and the game ran exactly the same, with the benefit of some older CPUs with enough grunt able to play the games afterward.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  14. asturur

asturur Maha Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I think they know theyr game more than you or some other website do.

15. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Well..... I don't know.

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Memory file made 0 changes and had 0 impact. SMT also has no noticable impact on average framerate and sites that tested it show reduced lows with it on.
    5900x and the 3900x (had the 3900x installed the first couple of days of CP) showed no perf. difference. Some people just like to yell into the social media ether and cry wolf.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  17. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    "confirms" so, now THW is science? xD

still less bugged than "critical acclaimed" bethesda TES/FALLOUT games

18. Evronius

Evronius Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12GB
    I linked to the test they did and it shows that CDPR has wrong. But I guess that you didnt bother to take a look and see for your self.

19. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I think they lied a bit on that 8 core part. Tomshardware claims fix is working . But check that 3300X and 5600X performance :D AMD 6 core matching intel 8 core.
    [​IMG]

Stormyandcold and Dragam1337 like this.
  20. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I wonder if anyone can explain poor 9900k performance .... It completely sux vs almost any AMD offering.
    upload_2020-12-20_19-22-32.png