Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    2nd last page...

2. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Game's running a tiny bit better (for me anyways though i had no complaints before), maybe a tiny bit sharper image now too, and when i check the RT reflections they blend-in to the world incredibly well now.
    Also i lost my ability to sprint for a few minutes after loading patch.

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    crafting a ton bloats your save allegedly.

4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Any tech gurus care to shed light on what a massive 9gb patch could be doing to game at this point?
    I mean 9gb is pretty massive its not like we got uber texture pack or the likes.

5. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    The strange part about this 9GB patch is that it wants 105GB of free space to do its thing, the game directory normalizes after it's done.

I found out the hard way after I tried to install the patch to the SSD the game was on, had to move the game to another drive, install patch and then move it back. Time for a bigger SSD.

JAMVA and DannyD like this.
  6. Pale Horseman

Pale Horseman Master Guru

GPU:
    Aorus Master 4090
    After the patch, I saw no big difference in performance. Pop-in seems to be a little more noticeable, but not deal breaking for me.

Did one of the Panam quests and all went great, except at the end when I took a bike back to the city and I got stuck driving in first-person view.

7. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Simply on gog they replace whole archives instead of modifying just what's inside of them, which might be only a couple of files. That's why the patches are so massive.

DannyD likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    gog was patching my game while i was playing 1.04.

by the time i read the pc patch was out and quit out it was near done DLing.

9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Cheers sertopico!

sertopico likes this.
  10. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Downloading on GOG Galaxy reminds me of the Microsoft Store. For the 9gb patch, I had to reset Galaxy as it was forever stuck on "installing... 92%". My son also had some trouble with it. Every patch has been an adventure in downloading.

CDPR seems to have enough money to spend a little on making that experience far better or what's the point of using their client? If people want to give them 100% of the proceeds, those people should, if anything, be rewarded, not suffer because of it.

cerebus23 likes this.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Was the turning radius at slow speed & reverse of motorbikes changed?

*edit*

Finally learned why female V's voice is so familiar!! it's the voice actress that plays Gaige in Borderlands 2!

*edit*

My character :>

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    DannyD, Dragam1337 and fantaskarsef like this.
  12. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well i gave up on the game for now. just too many weird things going on in the game, i can't really enjoy it this way.
    I hope things like weird AI behaviour they see you while you havent been shown yet. or brainless pedestrians , and all kind of popup issues even light source like a trashcan with flames as a light source will be fixed. They aren't really bugs, it is the way the devs configured the game imho.
    I cant look past this, it is even worse then bethesda games which is quite a accomplishment.

will try again in 2021

Gandul, Repo Man and ShadowDuke like this.
  13. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Hmm, i really don't like the change they made to lights with this patch... !

Before the lights looked like this at any distance

[​IMG]

Now when you move away from them, they they transition to these ultra bright lights... totally immersion breaking.

[​IMG]

Either they need to be brighter at all times, or they need to be more dulled at all times... that transition is just... dafuq...

14. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    In the HDR tone mapping section, the bottom left slider (cant remember what its called) can make a big difference to the brightness of lights.
    I found a very low number made them madly bright, about 1.0 looked better.
    This was when I had imbibed numerous splendid beverages last night, in the cold light of a wet morning I might be wrong.
    Its worth checking on it to find my proper mental state.

15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I don't use hdr :)

Edit : and its not the brightness that is the issue - its the fact that the lights now go from being dull at close range, to glowing like a nuclear reactor at further ranges. It needs to be consistant.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    What car are you guys using? I'm really liking the avenger

[​IMG]

fantaskarsef likes this.
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    911 that r9 any car 1st person you can see out of and hits 180+, bikes flat out best way to get around if you are in a hurry and dont have a passenger plus they cheap.

18. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I began my 2nd playthrough as I am having a blast with this "broken" game. Which for me, is unusual. I'm getting old and jaded and really can't seem to get into games much anymore. Even the best of them.

Performance increases would be nice, but the only thing I really want addressed is the way cops warp into the scene, 2 seconds after a citizen crime like we're in a scene from Minority Report. If Night City had a response time like that, the crime rate would be the envy of the Western world.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  19. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I bought caliburn. I really like the insides, when you get in and the front window "switches on", but the view is really low to drive it from first person. I agree though with the bikes, they are probably easier to get around with or just straight up use quick travel system.

Also, I would have preferred if there was some other way do display navigation. E.g. if there was some overlay, even if it was from the first view. The minimap is just too zoomed in and I frequently miss turns.

20. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Don't have the caliburn yet, but it does look very nice.

Quick travelling is ofc faster, but it kinda removes alot of the charm of the game using it... i prefer driving / running everywhere :)

Ps. You can actually get the Caliburn for free :p

XenthorX and Backstabak like this.