Cyberpunk 2077

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by rflair, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Indeed it is, downloading ...

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    PC-specific
    • [AMD SMT] Optimized default core/thread utilization for 4-core and 6-core AMD Ryzen(tm) processors. 8-core, 12-core and 16-core processors remain unchanged and behaving as intended. This change was implemented in cooperation with AMD and based on tests on both sides indicating that performance improvement occurs only on CPUs with 6 cores and less.
    • Fixed an issue with the way Raw Input is collected.
    • Removed the use of AVX instruction set thus fixing crashes occurring at the end of the Prologue on processors not supporting AVX.
    • Removed debug console to prevent functions that could lead to crashes or blocked quests. This doesn't mean we don't want to support the modding community. Stay tuned for more info on that.
    • Ray traced reflections should no longer seem too bright in comparison to the environment.
    • Fixed an issue with Steam Overlay crash on game shutdown.
    • Removed the memory_pool_budgets.csv file. which was not connected with the final version of the game and had no influence on it (it was a leftover file used during the development to estimate memory usage. It had no effect on how much memory was actually allocated). Perceived performance increase after editing the file may have been related to restarting the game.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  3. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    and i have a ryzen 5 3600,i already had pretty good performance,so if its even better after this *chefs kiss* lol *edit* on my slow connection its been about 30 mins going with 25 to go lol,3.9gb

angelgraves13 likes this.
  4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Finally driving feels so much smoother!

angelgraves13 and fantaskarsef like this.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Coincidentally, I decided to take a 5 minute break and restart the game after my favourite gun first couldn't be fired when aiming, then disappeared and couldn't be fired any more at all. Oh well, let's see if 1.05 fixes it :D

6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Nerf confirmed?
    I ain't updating if they nerfed it.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    :D

Well to be fair, that gun fries everything walking up to it, except maybe a cyberpsycho

DannyD likes this.
  8. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I was playing with HDR using the NVidia hotfix driver and it just didnt look right, not enough pizazz.
    After patch 1.05, bright lights really glow, much better!

9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Is your performance better?

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Dunno, I'm far too drunk to tell that lol.
    I'll have another go tomorrow :)

11. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    mines almost done,ill let ya know if i notice anything shortly

DannyD likes this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Thanks Phoenix.

13. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    Just finished the game - 40 hours played. Fully enjoyed the playthrough. The story is absolutely fantastic. Well thought out and thought provoking. Can't wait to play through it again. I went with a gunner build, didnt really touch hacking too much, plan is to go that route the next time I play. Graphics are top notch, sound and music top notch, voice acting and lip sync were spot on. All of the side quests I did were engaging, I dont recall a single "go-fetch" side quest in the game.

My complaints: I did have a handful of progress stopping glitches. A reload of the game fixed them. I wish the police system was a little more advanced. Several times I went to head shot a perk with my sniper rifle, to only hit the cop behind as well. Cop chases are as simple as driving in a straight line in the opposite direction.

I look forward to playing through this again but I think I'm going to give CD Project some time to patch the game.

9.5 out of 10 for me.

I played this game on a ultra-high end PC. I'm sure my score would be a lot lower if I wasnt running bleeding edge hardware. I think they have a long way to go in terms of optimization.

BlindBison likes this.
  14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    By the way, who else came across a remixed version of the tune in Blade's vampire disco playing on the radio in a car, and just now where I stand, in the Afterlife? :D

And while I have to check more, I believe the sharpening they added is noticeable. Will check more to see if I'm not just imagining it.

15. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    ok cpu use is like doubled in task manager,ram usage is the same,at 1440p with ray tracing no dlss you you notice the slowdown before this patch,with this patch you do notice the slowdown but its noticebly improved,dont have a % to give though,i hate numbers lol, now if i turn on ray tracing and dlss ,the game runs so smooth,and cpu use goes up even a bit more *edit* now if they just fix the floaty glitches and the crashing bugs for some,i have had 0 crashes,seen glitches some floaty stuff etc,and found a way around a few of em like if a door or elevator dont work save right there and reload that save right there and usually it works,but i been lucky on no game crashes *KNOCK ON WOOD* lol

Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    DannyD likes this.

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    seems a few more fps "killing in the name" bugged for me, was doing it when the patch dropped.

ahh but it also dropped every setting to low or potato with the patch. check your settings.

17. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    From the patch notes:
    • Elizabeth Peralez stops being excessively insistent with her calls after her job offer is refused.
    lol, I've actually completed that entire quest line a few days ago and I just now got a text from her. Despite the performance boost, I've been seeing some pretty wonky stuff in the last hour with this new patch.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    What was/is bugged? For me i couldnt interact with the 1st router (i also scanned it). Loading a prev save worked tho, stil..annying theres so many broken things which can be fixed with reloading a prev save.
    But if you dont know that you need to interact with it in the 1st place and have no prompt for it, you can spent a lot of time searching there for "information". which was also the case for me. I was standing in front of the router but since i got no prompt i thought it must be something else - well, thought wrong and had to google for it, jus to confirm what i thought, one of those bugs..)

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea the router i cant interact with.

found a noclip "mod" might be able to get into the one building that is bugged if that is not fixed this update (another quest), not gonna roll back for 2 side quests at this point still completing all the side stuff slowly.

20. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    It seems save games get corrupted when they're going over 8MB, this affects all platforms.